Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Springs is day-to-day (Wed=injury report)

21KillzCowboys

Gas Or Charcoal  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Gas Or Charcoal

• Gas
    • Charcoal
    • I don't care, and we should stop asking.
    • Mordy should move to another message board

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=14334

-- SPRINGS UPDATE

Despite a strained groin injury, cornerback Shawn Springs has not been ruled out of Saturday's Wild Card game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, team officials said on Tuesday.

Trainers and team doctors reviewed Springs' MRI on Tuesday and found no tear or sports hernia evident.

Springs' status, as of Tuesday afternoon, was day to day. The team will release an official injury report on Wednesday afternoon, and at that time, Springs' official status for the game will be known.

Springs will continue to undergo treatment for the injury in the next couple of days and the team will evaluate his status on a day-by-day basis.

Springs re-aggravated the injury during last Sunday's 31-20 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.

IMO Springs playing or not determines a good victory or a close game that we could lose. Look at Walt Harris last week. He was AWFUL. Absolutly horrid. Now think about a defensive backfield with Taylor and Clark at safety, but Rogers and Harris at corner, Jimoh backing up. That is a recipe for disaster, even though Rogers is a great player and his rookie status means nothing, he is not Springs. Springs is as much as a force against the run as he is in pass defense. Think about it, when was the last time you saw him either blow a coverage or hesitate to make a big tackle in the flats. If we let Walt "Cement Shoes" Harris play, and he lets Galloway sprint past him without even moving as he let a rookie in Reggie Brown do to him, embarassing the skins defense, we are in for a long game.

Springs tieing down that punk Galloway is the key to knocking the Bucs skulls in. We NEED him to play.

Then again if we can survive on Harris 1 more week and have a 100% healthy Springs vs. the Seahawks I would rather have that. Springs always plays the Seagulls well.

IMO Springs playing or not determines a good victory or a close game that we could lose. Look at Walt Harris last week. He was AWFUL. Absolutly horrid. Now think about a defensive backfield with Taylor and Clark at safety, but Rogers and Harris at corner, Jimoh backing up. That is a recipe for disaster, even though Rogers is a great player and his rookie status means nothing, he is not Springs. Springs is as much as a force against the run as he is in pass defense. Think about it, when was the last time you saw him either blow a coverage or hesitate to make a big tackle in the flats. If we let Walt "Cement Shoes" Harris play, and he lets Galloway sprint past him without even moving as he let a rookie in Reggie Brown do to him, embarassing the skins defense, we are in for a long game.

Springs tieing down that punk Galloway is the key to knocking the Bucs skulls in. We NEED him to play.

Then again if we can survive on Harris 1 more week and have a 100% healthy Springs vs. the Seahawks I would rather have that. Springs always plays the Seagulls well.

well, i hate to break it to you, but, it was springs who let up both of browns touchdowns. personally, i think that we would be fine with rogers and harris starting. It might be better for us to bring springs in passing coverage only, so that he doesnt re-aggrivate his injury. a 100% harris is always better than a 75% or 80% springs.

well, i hate to break it to you, but, it was springs who let up both of browns touchdowns. personally, i think that we would be fine with rogers and harris starting. It might be better for us to bring springs in passing coverage only, so that he doesnt re-aggrivate his injury. a 100% harris is always better than a 75% or 80% springs.

I saw Harris running behind Brown on one of those and since neither of them plays S, I think we can rest assured that Harris gave up at least ONE of those TDs

Watch the 1st touchdown again, Harris has Brown 1 on 1, Brown takes a step inside, Harris stands there like a statue, Springs was on the other side of the field and the safety had his own man to cover. Harris got beat and beat badly. It was as if he didnt even move and just started running after Brown was 5 feet past him.

I hope they proceed with extreme caution on him. Yeah we need him but not at the cost of an even worse reinjury. Galloway is my biggest worry but if Taylor helps pick him up and we put pressure on Simms we'll be alright. We didn't have the convenience of Taylor the first meeting.

We didn't have the convenience of Taylor or Griffin in our first match. Also, LA was held out most of the game. That's a lot of talent.

Archived