Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: So honestly folks, how far are we goin?

skinsfanno9

i mean, we can make in all the way to the super bowl, or loose to the bucs this weekend. we have beaten the top 3 teams in the NFC already, so anything can happen. you never know what can happen in the nfl these days

This is true. USA Today did this spread today where it tried to indicate that all 12 teams are potentially problematic. I kind of agree with this, but I still think Indy wins this going away. I think the Skins potentially can win against anyone but them.

All the way...

You think we're healthy enough to make that kind of road? I'm kind of worried that any more injuries and we're in deep kimchi. I'm just hopin we get in at least a few games so that Gibbs has a solid foundation with the players next year in terms of expectations.

We CAN beat the Bucs. We CAN beat seattle. We CAN beat Chicago.

Will we? Well if we get passed the Bucs (which we should), we have to somehow get through seattle. Our 2ndary would be healthy enough and if we contain Shaun (easier said than done), we could go to the SB. Chicago will be a slugfest and i think we could manage to beat them.

I really dont want to say something either way, i think we can go to the big game... but we will need to play some great ball.

I think the Skins can go all the way. Skins prove they can beat Tampa Bay earlier this season (they should of, but they didnt). When the last time a Holmgren team beaten the Redskins. If They can score 35 on Tampa Bay defense they can score on Chicago D. Tampa Bay and Chicago both play the Cover 2 or Tampa 2 defense. Speaking of Cover 2 Indy also play Cover 2 defense as well.

If we beat the Bucs and Seahawks in the next two rounds, I could easily see us goig to the Super Bowl. In my opinion, the Bears are severely overrated, and if that is the team we would play in the NFC Championship then I could see a definite Redskin win. If it is the Giants, we have beat them before, the Panthers are unpredictable just as the Skins are so that should make for a great game also. Redskins all the way, I believe. :logo:

If the Redskins play to their potential throughout, and the injuries are kept to a minimum...there isn't a team in the NFL they aren't capable of beating. They will have to be at the top of their game all 4 quarters, no dumb penalties, no major mistakes, no costly 15 yard penalties.

I believe that the Redskins totally control their own destiny, and they can go as far as they collectively choose to go.

I dare say, that this team reminds me of the 2000 Ravens. A stout defense...I'm not comparing our 2005 defense, to arguably the second best defense of all time, but when on their game, are as formidable as any defense in the league. A ball control, mistake free offense, that revolves around the running game of Clinton Portis much like the Trent Dilfer led offense of the 2000 Ravens, and well-executed special teams play.

The Ravens in 2000 were 10-6, a Wild Card, and had gone on a unbelievable winning streak to end their regular season. This streak continued into the playoffs, and we all know what happened. Super Bowl Champions. I honestly belive the Skins are capable of the exact same result. Here's to optimism.

:cheers:

All the way to Detroit baby!

We already beat all these NFC teams once (except Carolina and yes we did actually beat the Bucs). We all know Gibbs does much better in his second meeting against teams. Look at how much we improved the second time we played Philly, Dallas, and New York. Gibbs coached teams have always done this (if you don't believe it I'll dig up the stats for you). We should likewise improve when we play Tampa, Seattle, and New York/Chicago. The only thing that could trip us up is Carolina, and I don't think they'll make it that far.

Then, of course, you gotta worry about the big game. We have yet to beat an AFC team since Gibbs' return. That would be the best time to start, of course. Once they get that far, they'll believe they are destined to do just that. Gibbs has them believing. I think they could pull it off.

HTTR!

I hope you beat the Bucs and make it to Seattle. But I don't think you're going to win there.

Good luck this week! :cheers:

We already beat Seattle once, didn't we? It seems strange that Seahawks fans are so confident they could beat us given our recent domination in the series. I know Seattle is tough at home, but I just don't understand how Seattle fans are so sure.

For that matter, we already beat Chicago and New York (and arguably Tampa) too.

When making predictions you should also remember Gibbs' 16-5 playoff record and tendency to improve against teams on meeting them a second time.

Thanx for the well wishes next week.:cheers:

I hope we're discussing a Redskins/Seahawks rematch after that (do you still have the same kicker?;) ).

We have proven that we can play with any team in the league. I dont think any team in the NFC can match our intensity right now - we get more confidence with each win it seems.

The problem is that we will be playing in hostile territory. Homefield advantage is a big one. Even if we can play with anyone in the league, I am worried about so many road games. The crowd at FEDEX did a great deal in our wins over the Boys and Giants.

How the NFC PLAYOFFS will shake out IMO:

We already know we cannot play a home game for the rest of the road, but regardless of home field advantage, the Skins can slug it out against any NFC team...except NY. Reason being: Division rival + their players got beat up by us last go at it. Easily the most hostile environment we'd have to face before DETROIT. So the Giants have the best chances of, POSSIBLY, knocking us out.

Too bad we dont have to worry about them :laugh: . $$: Carolina's "its playoff time"-inspired D shuts down the run, Manning chokes, Delhomme goes off and they notch the "W".

$$: Close Game = Washingon>Tampa. Nuff said. Reasons can and are being discussed elsewhere.

Divisional matchups... $$: Skins/Seattle: Helluva game. Skins' better D emerges victorious.

Panthers i think are being underestimated right now in terms of experience. $$: I think the other of the top 2 seeds falls after the bye because CHI may not be ready/rusty, not to mention....GROSSMAN?? (good luck CHItown) and lose out to Carolina.

YEAR OF THE WILDCARDS!! Skins at Carolina...at first glance: "**** we got this, Cats have been shaky all year - we run em over". Second thought: first matchup of postseason where we SEE A NEW OPPONENT. Hmm, i agree with Socrates, could they trip us up? Should be another great game, but on paper we got em, and on the field we should have em to. im not scared of the panthers and im sure as hell ST and the gang arent either. $$ Skins win = GOING TO DETROIT...

...where we face....??? I say toss us COLTS/PATS. In regards to this thread, i voted "blown out by Indy". Let me start off by saying, that game would be no blowout. If i had to pick i see NE emerging from AFC and that is a much more winnable game for us i think. Now this is WAYYYYYYY too far down the road so im gonna stop here and save that prediction for later...

Yall...we have a legit chance to stir up the entire NFL and it starts SAT at the Tampa Bay 'Suck-a-queers. YA GOTTA BELIEVE. JUST THINK EVER SINCE GIBBS RETURNED IN '04 EACH YEAR HAS BEEN BETTER FOR THIS TEAM AND ITS FANS, WHAT COULD '06 HAVE IN STORE FOR US?!?!? ONE GAME AT A TIME.

:logo: HAIL:logo:

:2cents:

Skins could go all the way to the SB but the injuries are piling up. Chicago would be tough and probably add to the injuries too.

My guess, or expectation, is that they should beat the Bucs, but should also lose to the Seahawks.

Doesn't mean they will. The 1987 Redskins should have lost to the Bears in Chicago with all those injuries but they didn't. They won the SB that year, so they could this year too. I didn't expect them in that one either. The 49ers got knocked out by the Vikings very very surprisingly and we beat the Vikings after beating the Bears.

Anything can happen now.

I think if we can get the bucs, and stay healthy, we beat Seahawks.

Seahawks are way overrated! They havnt played many good teams.

Chicago, we can beat, lets hope road games dont wear us down.

SB, I dont even want to think of playin anymore AFC teams.

Lets just take 1 at a time.

Remember any Team can beat any Team on any given -day.

I cant wait to see Sean Taylor light up a buc.

I really dont know if the skins have the depth at some positions, and Indy are very good but I do believe that if a defence is good enuff to beat the colts it is the skins D, if we had more depth at the corners I would say all the way,,but I really believe that next season will be our season maybe 13 - 3.

GO Skins.....I love Gibbskin football

Archived