Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Conway make that kick?

SkinsHokieFan

It seems to me when I read thoughts on the 2000 playoff game, it is a forgone conclusion Brett Conway nails that 52 yard attempt with 50 seconds left to win the game.

The kick, if I recall, was from the right hash

If the snap and hold are good, does he actually make it? Wouldn't that have been his longest of the season?

He was 3-9 that year on kicks of 50+ yards, so chances are he would have missed it. But it sure would have been nice to have given him a shot at it...

Although, I don't know that it really would have mattered. They would have had to play St. Louis, and I doubt the Skins' "bend but don't break" defense would have fared well.

He was 3-9 that year on kicks of 50+ yards, so chances are he would have missed it. But it sure would have been nice to have given him a shot at it...

Although, I don't know that it really would have mattered. They would have had to play St. Louis, and I doubt the Skins' "bend but don't break" defense would have fared well.

So true..... I can't recall exactly how many items in the house I broke that year on Sundays watching our defense, mom hated my guts that year lol.

I was at that game as part of the Redskin sponsored "Air Attack" to Tampa. My friend and I went in to Raymond James before the game and watched Conway hit 5 in a row from that same spot from 50 yards with plenty to spare. No one will ever know, but given what we saw in pre-game(I know it was only pre-game), I think he would have nailed it.

The thing that drives me absolutely crazy every time I think about that play was the no call on pass interference on Brad's improvised throw down field after the botched snap. The guy who went downfield (?) was tackled before the ball got there. Of course if the ref had a pair and did the right thing, then it would have been a clear call and we would have a new set of downs to drive for a closer kick.

I believe in the Giants/49ers playoff game a few years back in which the niners mounted a historic comeback win there was a similar play at the end of that game. I can't remember for sure but I believe the PI call was made. Of course the game played in San Francisco....

The thing that drives me absolutely crazy every time I think about that play was the no call on pass interference on Brad's improvised throw down field after the botched snap. The guy who went downfield (?) was tackled before the ball got there. Of course if the ref had a pair and did the right thing, then it would have been a clear call and we would have a new set of downs to drive for a closer kick.

DANG..I remember that know...now I'm angry again!

We also botched a snap in the season opener against Dallas that year on a FG attempt at the end of regulation that would have won us the game, instead of losing in OT. If we'd won the Dallas game, maybe the game against the Bucs is in DC that year........just like if a certain two-point conversion this year wasn't called good.......................

I believe in the Giants/49ers playoff game a few years back in which the niners mounted a historic comeback win there was a similar play at the end of that game. I can't remember for sure but I believe the PI call was made. Of course the game played in San Francisco....

I think it was Walter Rasby(sp?). And he was pulled down by his collar. I would have broken a bunch of stuff but I was at a friends house.

Archived