Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Bucs our best matchup?

JJredskins00

I mean I know we would prefer to play ANY team at FedEx. But I really think this is our best matchup for the first round. Their offense put up 34 points on us in Week 10, but I believe that was a fluke. Their defense really doesn't scare me too much either. I'm much happier to play the Bucs than the Giants in the first round.

agreed ... i think, given a road game, this is the team most ppl would've wanted to play ...

so by being the #3 seed, tb earned the right to open against the "weakest" nfc playoff team ...

if i'm them, playing a team that's 10-2 against the nfc and on a 5-game win-streak isn't exactly what i was looking for

this is definitely the best matchup. Tampa's homefield is not as much of an advantage as the Meadowlands is for the Giants or Soldier Field is for the Bears.

I would rather have Chris Simms throwing the ball at us than Jake Delhomme in Carolina.

This is still going to be a challenge for the Redskins. Getting up again after having won 5 in a row and suffering those backfield injuries in the finale is going to be a hurdle.

That said, Brunell will probably be closer to his old self this week. And hopefully Carlos Rogers can be activated for this game to take the place of Shawn Springs, who doesn't look like he is going to be available for the postseason.

Just as Tom said last week about the last Giants/Eagles game, the Giants won the game but haven't been the same since with all the injuries they suffered in Philly.

The biggest edge without question is the fact that Brunell has played in MANY playoff games and Simms has only watched his daddy play them on TV.

Portis has playoff expereince too in Denver and Cadilac has none.

The Bucs defense is obviously pretty scary but we carved them up pretty good last time....and now we are hitting on all cilinders.

This is still going to be a challenge for the Redskins. Getting up again after having won 5 in a row and suffering those backfield injuries in the finale is going to be a hurdle.

That said, Brunell will probably be closer to his old self this week. And hopefully Carlos Rogers can be activated for this game to take the place of Shawn Springs, who doesn't look like he is going to be available for the postseason.

Just as Tom said last week about the last Giants/Eagles game, the Giants won the game but haven't been the same since with all the injuries they suffered in Philly.

The Cowboys really screwed us... they weren't even good enough to win their season finale over the Rams (perhaps different if we lost to the Eagles) yet they go out an beat Carolina last week in Carolina. Had they lost that game, we could have rest our starters this week and been fresh and healthy going into the playoffs. Instead, we had to play a hard, physical game yesterday and suffered a slew of new injuries.

The matchup is great, the injuries really have me worried though. :(

with the health of our CBs i wouldnt want to face Seattle Carolina or NYG this week so im guessing yes that is our best matchup

but the only team that really scares me is the bears because of the weather at there stadium i dont want to see the skins playing in real heavy wind like the bears did when vashir got that 107 yd fg return

Archived