Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need help on offense

WilberMarshall48

Defense won us this game, hands down. A great job by Williams and company to get 6 turnovers and the win.

Our offense was struggling pretty severly. True, the eagles have a good D, but we would have had NO chance to win this game if we had to rely on our offense yesterday.

It looked like Philly was on to us yesterday. They had our play action dump-off to Coley covered the whole game.

I mean, our 3rd down converstion % was 33%, that's pretty bad.

We're gonna have to open it up a bit, and run some different plays on 3rd and short specifically.

Go skins!

if you check out the stats brunell only throws to about 5 different receivers( moss, cooley, sellers, portis, thrash, and the few passes that royal gets) i honestly think redskins need to address the WR corps again this year. draft a good WR in the 1st round.

we always play like this before a big game vs. a real opponent. remember the cards game? then we absolutely STOMPED the living ****e out of the cow****es, remember?

dont worry, everything changes inside the confines of the playoffs. we wont be left with our jaws haning open like the last time we played the bucs. win or lose, im glad that we have the chance to go back to tampa and exact some revenge.

it's a lot easier to find a #2 receiver in the offseason than do what the Skins had to do the past two years - find a qb, rb and #1 wr as well as solidify the interior of the OL :)

as far as the Tampa game goes, James Thrash is going to have to become more involved. I still think he is out there at less than 100%. He made the 41 yard catch on the bomb yesterday but still looks tentative out there on the hamstring. He has legitimate 4.4 speed and for a guy like that not to be able to separate from the Eagles #4 corner (remember Sheppard is on IR) seems a bit strange. The knock on Thrash when he was starting earlier in his career was always his average hands. He would make a great one-handed grab and then drop a ball thrown right between the numbers.

If Thrash is less than 100% on Saturday I think the Skins have to find a way to go back and use Betts and Portis more in the passing game, the way that the Giants use Tiki Barber.

I'm not worried about the offense, so long as Portis stays healthy. Plus, Brunell will be playing better next week with more time for his leg to heal. PLUS we will be in a warmer climate, playing football in the cold just plain DOESN'T FEEL GOOD.

I'm worried most about our PASS DEFENSE. Good thing we're going up against a young n00b QB in Simms. We made McMahon to Reggie Brown look like Culpepper to Moss in the past, we can't let the same thing happen with Simms to Galloway...

The problem with finding another WR is he'll probably end up as number 3 at best. Moss will probably end up having about the same percentage of receptions and so will Cooley, this guy will end up with around 35-45 catches. We will NOT be able to find a guy who will accept this role that will not raise a 'WTF', 'he sucks' or even a 'why aren't they fixing this need' reaction by almost everybody here.

The biggest problem was brunell's short pass accuracy!!I hope his knee gets better this week!!I think he started to work the soreness out in the second half.Brunell is such a more dangerous q.b. when healthy!!!I also think that gibbs was not showing his hand again!!The old man is saving some stunts that will burn tampa!!!Just like the cards game not a great looking offense and then he comes out with a great scheme against dallas and the gaints!!!

Defense won us this game, hands down. A great job by Williams and company to get 6 turnovers and the win.

Our offense was struggling pretty severly. True, the eagles have a good D, but we would have had NO chance to win this game if we had to rely on our offense yesterday.

It looked like Philly was on to us yesterday. They had our play action dump-off to Coley covered the whole game.

I mean, our 3rd down converstion % was 33%, that's pretty bad.

We're gonna have to open it up a bit, and run some different plays on 3rd and short specifically.

Go skins!

Reasons for optimism:

1) I believe Cooley was injured during the game, so that very well may have played a part in his production (or lack thereof)...

2) Philly took the Giants into overtime with this same injury-riddled team...and the Giants were playing at home....

3) Portis ran for something like 144 yards the last time the Skins played the Bucs...

Archived