Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL NETWORK Now

Gracelander

Ok I stayed up, here is the transcript as best as I could get.

Moss: What makes Santana Santana, a whole lot of determination.

NFL: At what age did you know you wanted to be a pro reciever?

Moss: Age 5 (then talks about chasing cars as a kid)

Moss: Critics always wonder can I do what a reciever at 6 feet do, all I can say to the critics is watch me play football and you tell me.

NFL: What was your reaction when the Jets wanted to trade you to get Coles back?

Moss: Everything happens in life for a reason. And when they said it was my time to part, I looked over my shoulder like Hey with the time

I had, I did everything all I can do. I wasn't a superman, or trying to be, but when Santana had a chance to go play football I played

football, Lavernious Coles I looked at his numbers and what he had last year, and I was crying for those types of things. I've been

silently hoping and praying that I can get in that catagory, I came into this thing knowing that my opportunity was going to come.

Now its up to me as to what I do with the opportunity.

NFL: Against Dallas you guys were down two touchdowns, what happened after that?

Moss: (laughs) the whole season changed. My whole vision of what I'm gonna be here changed. Santana has came. He stepped it up.

After the dallas game, I was pumping gas and a guy saw me and it was like a guy seeing someone he's been waiting for all his life.

He damn near dropped the pump. These coaches have been great cuz you know they called em up and said "hey you like this, lets go" and as

a reciever thats all you want is the opportunity, you want to be able to experiment a little bit, you want to be able to say "hey man, I seen

Marvin Harrison or Holt do his route and I think I can do it. You want to be able to come to your coaches and talk to him on that level.

Thats the kind of relationships we have here, the doors are wide open. I like to get a route and the coach tell me to go in a straight line,

I want to give him a straight line with a wiggle on top of it.

NFL: How do you and Clinton Portis play off each other?

Moss: It's like were back in college again, cuz when we play the run it opens things up for me.

NFL: What does it feel like to have a 1 game season?

Moss: It means alot, cuz its the playoffs and in the playoffs its do or die. And were ready, Were just itching to get out there on that stage come Sunday.

:eaglesuck

It was on Total Acccess...Their were plenty of Moss highlights, not just the dallas clips but they used those too, They had screens from KC, mid-field grabs vs Giants, beating Seattle on route running...very well done...

plenty of Moss remarks...how much he wanted to get the kind of chance he saw coles getting when the talks began...feeling good about his work for NY but knowing he was destined to get a better opportunity and it would be all on him to take advantage of it...nothing but good about the coaching in DC...lots of stuff about his childhhod...chasing cars when he was 5 because he was so fast...people would honk at him smile & wave...clips of him in college . maybe high school, wasn't sure...thats all I got right now in my head...he was very well spoken and comes off very cool and collected...a real asset in every way to this team...and he is grateful...

It was on Total Acccess...Their were plenty of Moss highlights, not just the dallas clips but they used those too, They had screens from KC, mid-field grabs vs Giants, beating Seattle on route running...very well done...

plenty of Moss remarks...how much he wanted to get the kind of chance he saw coles getting when the talks began...feeling good about his work for NY but knowing he was destined to get a better opportunity and it would be all on him to take advantage of it...nothing but good about the coaching in DC...lots of stuff about his childhhod...chasing cars when he was 5 because he was so fast...people would honk at him smile & wave...clips of him in college . maybe high school, wasn't sure...thats all I got right now in my head...he was very well spoken and comes off very cool and collected...a real asset in every way to this team...and he is grateful...

I caught it earlier and got to record it, I loved how he said after that 1st dallas game he knew right then the season changed and his whole vision changed on how he was going to help this team.

I tell ya Jumbo, Joe Gibbs can see talent that other coaches dont even know they have, and people worry about draft picks. Give this man time because when he done building and setting this team up for the future, we will have some new trophy's in our showcase.

I caught it earlier and got to record it, I loved how he said after that 1st dallas game he knew right then the season changed and his whole vision changed on how he was going to help this team.

I tell ya Jumbo, Joe Gibbs can see talent that other coaches dont even know they have, and people worry about draft picks. Give this man time because when he done building and setting this team up for the future, we will have some new trophy's in our showcase.

He's really quite a guy. He's everything we've always said he was, even if we had to take all these "Gibbs is God" potshots :) . BTW, we know he's human and makes mistakes, that's never been an issue. I'd say more about what that issue is, but It's late and I need rest :laugh: . I'm old and decrepit. (always play that card before a fight). Oh yeh, I'm also despicable.

Really tho, there's something more I want to respond with, bro, but I'm gonna wait til after Sunday ;) . But I'll remember. :cheers:

Archived