Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you Superstitious?

ArmchairRedskin

By the way this isn't exactly my own theory or idea.

When I was in school I took abnormal psyc. class and this was discussed on a video we watched.

I have no idea what the name of the video was or what doctor said it, it was 2 years ago, so sorry on the no source.

Anyway I remember it quite well because I had asked the professor about the thinking behind people that are so superstitious and he made reference to my question while the video was playing.

The doctor in video did state that fans reach an almost egotistical state when they become so wrapped up in their superstitions.

almost

And to get the thread back on subject....

I'll admit, I've gotten superstitous as hell this season. Bout halfway through the season, I started really payin attention to what I was wearing, and in what combination I wore it. I have discovered (starting game one of the recent win streak) that the trick seems to be that I must forgo my Portis jersey (which would be supporting my current Skins line-up), an instead don my Darrell Green jersey (thus goin all oldschool up in this mutha).

...BUT.... I HAVE to tuck the jersey in.

I know, wrong way to wear it unless you're suiting up for the game. But I needed that spark.... that little something extra.

And as silly as it sounds, I'm dayumm near convinced that this combo of #28, and the tuck rule, I am doing my part to help my team win.

So you're admitting your arguement has no basis and you've just wasted a bunch of space, right?

All I have to go on is what you guys post. If you post that the team is 5-0 when you wear your Portis jersey, you may or may not be egotistical.

Don't know, you guys aren't putting in small print at the bottom that you know in reality that it dosen't matter.

You and everyone else in this thread may know that in reality it dosen't matter.

But to say that all people with superstitions know in reality it dosen't matter what they do is wrong.

There are people that believe strongly in their superstitions and they very well could have posted in this thread you started.

So no I haven't wasted any space, because certain superstitious people may very well be egotistical.

All I have to go on is what you guys post. If you post that the team is 5-0 when you wear your Portis jersey, you may or may not be egotistical.

Don't know, you guys are putting in small print at the bottom that you know in reality that it dosen't matter.

You and everyone else in this thread may know that in reality it dosen't matter.

But to say that all people with superstitions know in reality it dosen't matter what they do is wrong.

There are people that believe strongly in their superstitions and they very well could have posted in this thread you started.

So no I haven't wasted any space, because certain superstitious people may very well be egotistical.

:laugh:

Ok. good enuff for me. I may or may not be an egomaniac because I'm superstitous. I hear ya. You've enlightened us all.

Ok. good enuff for me. I may or may not be an egomaniac because I'm superstitous. I hear ya. You've enlightened us all.

As long as you agree that a superstitious person can reach a level where they can be called egotistical they its a good enough for me too.

Dosen't mean that all superstitious people are, like you said, if you do know for a fact that your superstitions are nothing more than harmless fun then you are far from egotistical.

But those that have reached the level where they physically get ill unless they are following some superstition that they think helps the team win, egotistical is knocking on their door.

As long as you agree that a superstitious person can reach a level where they can be called egotistical they its a good enough for me too.

Dosen't mean that all superstitious people are, like you said, if you do know for a fact that your superstitions are nothing more than harmless fun then you are far from egotistical.

But those that have reached the level where they physically get ill unless then are following some superstition that they think helps the team win, egotistical is knocking on their door.

Also this question about being superstitious has already been made into a thread atleast twice. A simple search would have shown you that.

So maybe you are so egotistical that you thought you'd do it better than other people did, so you decided to make your own thread even thought it was the same exact question.

3,674 post and you still haven't learned that it isn't cool to repeat a thread?

When I was a kid I would line up my Redskins helmets (the ones that you could get from the vending machines for a quarter back in 1979) in front of the tv for good luck. Oh yeah, and my Redskins football cards.

I was 10 at the time. Dont burn me to badly.

I did the that too, so no burning coming. But like you I grew up as well, you tend to grow out of silly things like that, or atleast I thought most people did.

This dude up here just gave a detailed description of tucking in his shirt.

I think i'd rather be on the side of the people that think your an idiot. Which was your poll question.

13 people so far.

Wonder how many of those 13 people don't understand the word "superstitious" or the difference between "you're" and "your"?

There might be a characteristic in there somewhere :laugh:

Also this question about being superstitious has already been made into a thread atleast twice. A simple search would have shown you that.

So maybe you are so egotistical that you thought you'd do it better than other people did, so you decided to make your own thread even thought it was the same exact question.

3,674 post and you still haven't learned that it isn't cool to repeat a thread?

Aww, when all fails, deflect and attack. Nice! I'm sure no thread worth a damn has ever been repeated. All good threads are 100% original, right?

Wonder how many of those 13 people don't understand the word "superstitious" or the difference between "you're" and "your"?

There might be a characteristic in there somewhere :laugh:

Yes its true I made a spelling mistake. I think i'll get over it though. Care to address why you thought it was so important to start this thread, even though its been made several times before?

The mistake has been fixed, I hope that helps.

Aww, when all fails, deflect and attack. Nice! I'm sure no thread worth a damn has ever been repeated. All good threads are 100% original, right?

Would deflecting and attacking include going after a spelling mistake?

100% original? Hell its not even 5% original. The same exact thread has been started atleast twice.

Archived