Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The rise and fall of Lavar Arrington (NICE READ!)

js79

http://blogs.foxsports.com/arabchickencurry/2005/12/28/The_Rise_and_Fall_of_LaVar_Arrington3

In a recent interview, former golden boy LaVar Arrington mentioned that he is not opposed to retiring after this season. While the likelihood of Arrington walking away from all the money is slim, it still got me thinking. How many players of his stature are really put in his situations. The thing is, there aren't many players of his stature. Maybe Terrell Owens. But their situations are different. Arrington is playing in Washington and wants to remain a Redskin. He may just get cut though. In his time at Washington he has gone from potential savior to backup.

10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site.

Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our

'>copyright statement.

why do people hate lavar now, he shouldnt say anything because he feels his boss cheated him out of some money, he's had 5 different coordinators i beleive in a 6 year career. he's been hurt let the guy get healthy. When he is in he makes plays. he cant make plays from the bench. He's never had his name in the news. how is retiring taking the easy way out? if he doesnt want to play anymore he doesnt have to, Lavar doesnt oh us....i am to say i AM AND WILL ALWAYS BE A LAVAR FAN no matter what team he is with or not playing

EVeryone who is all about LA and how great he is. and I've been one of those fans. but now its 6yrs remove from his draft. several serious injuries. you figure would humble LA. HELL NO.

think of it this way guys.

you have LA and RAMSEY. Both are in similiar situation. Shoot....Ramsey has been treated far worse. yet he has been a TRUE professional. I can say I am VERY disappointed in LA as a person and professional.

Brilliant read. Sometimes I feel that Lavar's career would be a whole lot different if he would've had a monotonous relationship with a defensive coordinator. This is actually the first year he has had a def. coordinator for two years straight. To me this is the root cause for Lavar's up-down career. Our defensive scheme has changed every year of Lavars existance. It's hard to become the defensive player he's supposed to be, if the system changes on a yearly basis.

I think that Lavar and Greg Williams are building a relationship. I think Greg Williams wants to help Lavar become the talent that this article speaks of. The Redskins are good, but if you can harness talent like Lavar's then you can reach the next level. I hope that GW goes to bat for Lavar in the offseason. I hope they come to the mutual understanding that they can help each other and everyone wins. I'm sure even the Lavar haters would love to see him reach his potential.

It may be a bad comparison but think about teachers. If school teachers simply gave up on all the kids that have potential mixed with some emotional problems then we would have a lot of criminals and undesireables roaming the streets. Lavar needs a constant mentor. He needs to let GW be his mentor. He can salvage the 3-5 good years that he has left and he can do it as Redskin. Come on LA. Do the right thing here.

He has been under G. williams for 2 yrs and earned himself a seat on the bench. Here's and idea send him packing, we dont need or want the bipolar lack of production "superstar" anymore!!!!!!!!!

Last time I checked he is a starter, Last time I checked GW has been praising him and his work ethic.

He has been under G. williams for 2 yrs and earned himself a seat on the bench. Here's and idea send him packing, we dont need or want the bipolar lack of production "superstar" anymore!!!!!!!!!

that last i heard lavar was injured most of last year and to work physically with GW has only added up to about a year.

Good read, helps put a lot of things in perspective. You know what kills me about some of the fans on this site? They act as if a person should be 100% football 100% of the time. It's a game nothing more, sure they get paid millions to play this "game" but there is more to life than football. I bet very few of the Lavar haters are as dedicated to their jobs as they want Lavar to be. Before anyone say's it I know he's paid millions to play this game but in the end it's still a freakin game, get over it. It's ridiculus how people get so caught up in all of this drama. He's an egocentric cry baby, so what, he can help us win football games and in the end that's what matters. If he was Terrellesque I could understand all the drama but he's no where close to being that self centered. I hope he rips McMahon's head off this weekend just so whinners on this board can come back and find something else to whine about.

A quick little stat before I go, Lavar has 45 tackles this year, couldn't find how many we're for losses but I'm guessing at least 10+. That's 45 tackles in a year where he's started less than half the season. He went to the pro bowl with 92 and we're not even using him on third and long, great sack opportunities. Not bad for a washed up cry baby.

Great read, I must say. Is all of this common knowledge and I missed it?

Also I have to add that Marvin Lewis said Lavar is one of the most undisciplined players he ever worked with. Maybe thats why he was in the doghouse with GW. It looks like he has reigned him in like a marine recruit though.

Archived