Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The rise and fall of Lavar Arrington (NICE READ!)

js79

Huh? Sorry, but I've watched this D for two years now, and if anything, it is a very disciplined scheme that requires players to be in certain spots, which is important if you are stopping the run first. I certainly don't see room for "freelancing" in this D, nor am I seeing players freelancing.

What? No mention that he was still recovering from his injuries last year, and learning a defense that he didn't play for most of 2004?

He actually hasn't been that impressive rushing the passer this year, and others have argued that this really isn't one of this strengths. I think his strength right now is his speed and being able to go sideline to sideline.

Yawn. When healthy, he's been playing 1st and 2nd downs and Holdman has been regulated to the bench.

In the end, this guy has bought into the drama that Lavar has created for himself and by the media. If it was any other player, the reality of the situation would have come out, rather than the soap opera that is Lavar nowadays. The guy was coming off a knee injury and was not healthy until midway through training camp. Then, he had to play catchup and get ready to play.

Jason

Those same inconsistencies you found in the article made me question the author's knowledge about the situation. Too often, writers spout their (sometimes misguided) opinions as fact, without citing sources or support.

Anyone who thinks Gregg doesn't want Lavar on the team is on crack.

Every team wants Lavar on the team, because he has the physical skills coaches dream of.

And NO ONE has told me how a relatively zero cap savings by cutting him is going to be wise or feasible. He's going to cost around 12mil whether he stays or goes.

Lavar will be on the team next year.

"Anyone who thinks Gregg doesn't want Lavar on the team is on crack.

Every team wants Lavar on the team, because he has the physical skills coaches dream of.

And NO ONE has told me how a relatively zero cap savings by cutting him is going to be wise or feasible. He's going to cost around 12mil whether he stays or goes.

Lavar will be on the team next year."

agree. but whether right or wrong...LA does need to pipe down until this playoff run is ended.........he hasn't helped himself no matter how justified he may or may not be.....

Archived