Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs returns Redskins to glory

skinfan2k

He won't leave the team completely, in my opinion. He'll be here in some capacity, albeit a MUCH lesser one. His son has led his racing team to another championship, so that's taken care of. He truly loves the REDSKINS, and he'll do his best to make sure that we have a future. Hell, with his draft picks as of late (the Campbell one excluded since we have yet to see his future play out), I wouldn't mind if he stayed on as GM.

How we do after Joe leaves depends on what The Danny learns while he's here.

Snyder is a very smart man. He is learning a lot about the football business

from Gibbs, just like Greg Williams is learning about being a HC.

Both are very fortunate to be learning from one of the best.

Long time reader, first time poster:

When Gibbs was announced as the new head coach, I had a feleling it would take a couple years to get the program turned around. No matter what happens Sunday. This has been an incredible ride. Next year, watch out.

My big question is this. When Gibbs retires do you think that Gregg Williams will become coach. I would like to think so because Gregg likes Washingotn, likes Dan Snyder and would be a good transitional coach who knows the system and the players. It is the whole idea of promoting from within.

One day at a time, or should I say one season at a time.

I can't believe I'm saying this out loud and I know I'll be deservedly reprimanded...but as much as I'm tensely focused on the job in front of us...

...I'm already more exited about the off-season and next year than I've been in a long, long time, even with being one of those eternally hopeful types (Redskins-wise :laugh: ).

The Skins weren't fine after he retired the first time. However he thought he was done with the game he wanted to try NASCAR, and did very well. I doubt he could even guess the Redskins fall after his departure was going to be that bad. After restoring the team making them a real threat, it would seem that his advice after leaving as coach would still be available. It is great to see the team back though!

:logo:

Archived