Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Ever Win The Lotto???

qcraftsman

i never have but my grandfather has.

way back when my dad was little, my grandfather played the lotto the day before xmas eve. my grandparents had 5 kids and didnt have much money especially at christmas time. my grandfather won a few thousand bucks (not sure of the exact number). He didnt tell my grandmother or the kids until christmas morning. He had bought all his kids a new bike and told them the good news.

He wasnt a big lotto player to begin with...jsut got lucky that one night. from theen on out he played only once a year...the same night he had won before and played with the same numbers. Using that strategy, he somehow ended up winning a few thousand dollars again 20 years later :)

The most I ever won was $100 bucks. I buy one ticket two times a week for the mega million lotta, hey ya never know right? I laugh at those people that spend over 20 bucks buying lottery tickets. Don't they know that their 20 tickets have literally the same chance of winning as mine when the odds are 170,000,000 to 1? I guess the lottery really is a tax on people who can't do math.

Anyway this is a great thread and I'm interested to see if anyone did hit it big, but I doubt they would admit it.

There was this guy that worked in a pizza place I would go to eat during lunchbreak from work that won. He won like 3.6 million dollars and this was about 15 years ago. Funny thing is he kept working there he didn't seem to "retire" just kept working.

One of my sisters friends' father won a large sum too (i think it was in the millions) of course the daughter wanted her father to pay for her wedding and then the groom stood her up at the altar. That was funny.

Oh yeah, I had another friend that won like $20,000 dollars and then won another $5000 the same year.

The most i have ever won is $50. I kind of get the feeling that they are fixed because hardly anyone ever wins the MEga Millions on the East Coast its mainly the Central and West part of the country that win when the jackpot gets big.

This old man I used to work had is own number pattern where he would come up with successive numbers in a row usually he would wind up with over 50 different combinations of numbers...his system worked....he would win in pick3 or pick4 about 3 times out of the week....and would bank in about $500 for each winner....he would always say spend $250 and get $1500 easiest money to be had....he did this for as long as I knew him....I just could never see myself giving the money out like that...but for each his/her own.....

My grandmother won $10,000 from Publisher's Clearing House and almost had a heart attack when they showed up at her door. It took her a day or two to realize how little that was after taxes -- she'd gotten carried away by the excitment when they showed up at her door with the balloons and the giant check.

Archived