Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those who think the Eagles defense is still strong...

PCRoughrider

The above says it all. Okay. So far so good the past 2 games against the Giants and Cowboys, but the Eagles are still a divisional foe and have nothing to lose and something to gain by a win against the Skins. Hurting the teams playoff chances. That can make up for low rankings there.

This is exactly what I am afraid of, we do not want to over look the Eagles even though they are falling apart at the seams. This game could be a very close game, who knows there is a pretty good chance we could lose this one. Sorry to be a "Doubting Thomas", however this is the type of road game we lose.

The one positive thing we have on our side is a team that is playing with a lot of heart and Mr. Joe Gibbs at the helm. Hopefully the players listen to his words of wisdom before this game and dont underestimate the Eagles.

This is an NFC East match up, throw the numbers out the window.

Agreed 100%. I've watched enough NFC East football over the years to know, that even if the Iggles had the 34 ranked defense, out of 32 teams, they are still gonna fight with everything they have on Sunday.

It would be a mistake for us to assume a blowout victory in this game. I expect a close game, definately closer than against the Gints and Pokes, and here is why.

The Iggles have absolutely NOTHING to lose, and would like nothing more than to spoil our playoff hopes. Their house is one of the most hostile enviornments for opposing teams in the NFL, and the crowd their can make a difference. Their pride is on the line. I expect a tough game, that we should win, but the Iggles will give us fits before it's over. The Skins are going to have to earn this one. They need to go up their ready for a battle, and with Coach Gibbs at the helm. I'm sure they will be ready.

The Eagles are a team that needs to be out front controlling games with their offense to be a dominating defense. Otherwise you can be physical with them and hurt them. With a limited offense this year the defense is somewhat exposed for being what it is. It's built to be a defense that stifles the opposition when it is getting a lot of help from the offense.

Very few teams have defenses that can carry them even when the offense struggles though. Chicago has a defense like that. We do, of course :).

By the time they take the field, the Redskins will be convinced that Philadelphia is a straight beast, and that if they're not careful, the Redskins could not only lose the game but get their butts kicked.

Coach Gibbs is a master at selling his team on respecting and fearing each and every opponent.

In this case, it won't even be that hard. All he needs to do is point out that in their last home game just 3 weeks ago, the Eagles took the Giants to overtime.

This is exactly what I am afraid of, we do not want to over look the Eagles even though they are falling apart at the seams. This game could be a very close game, who knows there is a pretty good chance we could lose this one. Sorry to be a "Doubting Thomas", however this is the type of road game we lose.

The one positive thing we have on our side is a team that is playing with a lot of heart and Mr. Joe Gibbs at the helm. Hopefully the players listen to his words of wisdom before this game and dont underestimate the Eagles.

You guys keep on saying "we". When you say "we" I sure hope you mean us the fans because I know the players will never overlook the Iggles. Go and listen to Gibbs press conference and you will know how seriously the team is taking this game.

I've done a little more research and, personnel-wise, the Eagles defense is only slightly less a shambles than the Eagles offense.

Their currently starting two rookies on the defensive line, plus Kearse isn't supposed to play, so that will be three new starters on the defensive line.

They have a new starter (at least from last year) at linebacker.

And Roderick Hood, DB, has only started for the past month or so.

No wonder they're ranked #27.

Archived