Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Post already forgot Saturday's game

freakinandpeakin

In today's NY Post http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/58834.htm

"So go ahead and dream that Super dream. This baby is wide open. . . The Redskins have Joe Gibbs. You have Tom Coughlin."

AND

"You have beaten the Redskins once, and should beat them again, with or without Mark Brunell, especially if you get them at home in the first round."

In today's NY Post http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/58834.htm

"So go ahead and dream that Super dream. This baby is wide open. . . The Redskins have Joe Gibbs. You have Tom Coughlin."

AND

"You have beaten the Redskins once, and should beat them again, with or without Mark Brunell, especially if you get them at home in the first round."

And why should they beat us? This guy is spewing literally in his own Giants bliss!

Sorry the Giants only "should" beat the Skins again if we play them at the Meadowlands. No chance they beat us if they have to come back to FedEx Field.

I do think that the Giants can/will their 1st game if it's at home. They've already demonstrated an ability to go to Seattle and go toe to toe with the Seahawks. But I don't see them going into Soldier Field and beating the Bears.

Best case scenario for the Giants to go to the Super Bowl would be this.

Finish as the 4th place division winner.

1st round- host the Cowboys or Panthers/Bucs and hope the NFC South winner wins their game.

Divisional- go to Seattle and take care of unfinished business

The NFC South winner upsets the Bears.

NFC Championship- Giants travel to NFC South winner.

If they finish as the 3rd place division, they can not avoid facing the Bears in the Divisional round and I think they go down to the best D in the NFL.

Like Doc Walker says, the only team capable of going into Chicago in January and winning is the Washington Redskins. :cheers:

:eaglesuck

The NY Post had a position by position comparison before the Giant game, in which the Giants got the nod in almost all areas. What shocked me is that they even were given the edge in Head Coach. I remember thinking this must be some kind of a joke. Coughlin was crying to the press about the officiating. I watch the Giants every week (while rooting against them) and they get charity calls all the time. Gibbs could write a book about the terrible calls that have gone against him this year. The Alstott extra point was absolutely disgraceful.

by the way, gibbs could have made the same argument. The officiating in that game was horrible for us too. Sean Taylor should have had a td on the eli fumble. The late hit call was crap. and at least once, the giants ran a play after the play clock had expired.

10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site.

Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our copyright statement copyright statement.

They've already demonstrated an ability to go to Seattle and go toe to toe with the Seahawks. But I don't see them going into Soldier Field and beating the Bears

I've posted this before, but just FWIW, the game against the hawks wasn't as close as the score indicates. On two Giant TD's, the "touchdown" call was bad and those plays would've been drive-killers and exchange of posessions if not for the call.

Holmgrem, later in the week, released an NFL official apology he'd received to the press that acknowledged both TD-call errors and he (Holmgren) then got fined for that action and put on double-secret probation--the story was he would not qualify for any booth reveiws for two weeks for the no-no release, but I never heard that part further verified after its inital reporting. As I say, FWIW.

Archived