Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Imagine GW coaching Dallas!

HailYeah

Read the article in the Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/25/AR2005122500635.html

Here is an excerpt:

He has strong ties to Missouri -- where jobs in St. Louis, currently under an interim coach, and Kansas City could be available -- as well as Houston, where his coaching career began, where his children were born, and where Coach Dom Capers is all but ensured of being fired. Williams could be comfortable living in any of those areas he is already familiar with. Like the Rams, the Chiefs have a talented offense but need defensive help, and both organizations have been playoff regulars.

So Houston would be more likely than D. And if you think about it, going to an AFC team would neutralize any bad karma to a large degree.

He is not money motivated soley....which is about all JJones has to offer.

Read the article in the Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/25/AR2005122500635.html

Here is an excerpt:

He has strong ties to Missouri -- where jobs in St. Louis, currently under an interim coach, and Kansas City could be available -- as well as Houston, where his coaching career began, where his children were born, and where Coach Dom Capers is all but ensured of being fired. Williams could be comfortable living in any of those areas he is already familiar with. Like the Rams, the Chiefs have a talented offense but need defensive help, and both organizations have been playoff regulars.

So Houston would be more likely than D. And if you think about it, going to an AFC team would neutralize any bad karma to a large degree.

He is not money motivated soley....which is about all JJones has to offer.

the chiefs seems like it would be the best fit of those on the list.

Is coach's salary part of the salary cap?

If it isnt, lets pay roughly 90 mil for 3 more years...ehh and gibbs...and everyone on the coaching staff.

No.. coach's salary isn't part of salary cap...

Personally, I'm praying there is some unwritten agreement between GW and the Redskins that he is slated to take over for Gibbs. Why would Gibbs go to the lengths to get GW that he did ... going to his house and speaking with him personally, etc. I want to believe and hope that I'm right that there is some unwritten agreement there.

The one thing our defense has this year it hasn't had for many is consistency in the coaching staff.

ok, so gw wont join dallas because hes got more pride than that, and even if he didnt, he wouldnt go there out of pure fear

if gw does go to any other team (non-nfc-east), then id cheer for him

we dont play kc til 2009, st louis till 2008, so no immediate conflicts

I like what Greg Williams has done and hope that he stays. But, who's to say he's gonna be a good head coach. Mike Martz was a great offensive coordinator in St. Louis and he turned out to be a poor, somewhat arrogant head coach, refusing to run the ball and getting his QB's killed. I don't know why Williams was fired in Buffalo, but, he obviously struggled there in the end. I'd miss Williams as the defensive coordinator, but I'm not ready to say he should be our next head coach. I'd like the idea of Gibbs grooming him, but I'd also like to see who else becomes available before giving it to Williams.

Doesn't The Danny have to give a team permission to speak with Gregg since he is under contract for next year? If so, I couldn't see him going to Dallas because Snyder would never let him be interviewed by them.

Only for lateral moves. For promotions, he can talk to whatever teams he choses.

Archived