Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly Scares Me

bird_1972

With the somewhat lackluster results we've shown on the road this season, the uncertainty at the QB position, and an Eagles team I'm afraid we'll take a bit lightly (coming off of huge and emotional wins at home vs. Cowboys and Giants) -

I am REALLY afraid of this upcoming game. Hopefully, I'm just being a big ***** about it, but I'd be feeling a lot better if Julius Peppers didn't run into Cundiff vs. Dallas 2 days ago.

:eaglesuck

While the Eagles MIGHT come out swinging, there is NO way the Redskins will take them lightly!

They have known for 5 weeks that they have had to win out. They are almost there. There in NO way they will overlook their last win to get into the playoffs.

This is easily the BIGGEST game of the season!

I, too, am afraid of playing the eagles on the road. Everyone knows how hard a place Philly is to play in, and we are only 3-4 on the road thus far.

I take some comfort in how while the team was prepared for NY on a short week after a big win. Gibbs should have his guys ready.

Even so, I am all nerves.

Agreed....the Eagles will be ready for this game. It's their playoff game for the year and they will love to spoil our chances.

The crowd will be into it, the team will be psyched, but when you are 6-9, the quick and easy solution for us is to take control of the game early.

We have to deliver the knockout blows in the first quarter. The longer we let the Eagles stick around, the more inspired they will be.

They shouldn't, they are a shell of their former selves. They still have a very good defense but their offense should do nothing against our D. I suspect we will control the tempo and the clock and get out of there with a respectable 17-6 victory...just can't see them getting into the end-zone with that offense!

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

This game doesn't worry me one bit. Before each game the last two weeks, I was worried about having a hard fought game that came down to the last minutes of the fourth. What did Gibbs and the Skins give me? Domination!

Philthy is going to get mowed over. :eaglesuck

I feel the exact same way! But, then I read this in the Post this morning from our beloved coach:

A week ago, Redskins Coach Joe Gibbs said overconfidence is as much an enemy as the team the Redskins play. It was a way for Gibbs to force his team not to overlook the Philadelphia Eagles (6-9), their season ripped apart by injury and controversy. But being the team that knocks the Redskins out of the playoffs would give their season meaning.

The Redskins' scenario is simple: Win Sunday and they qualify for the postseason. If they don't, they must rely on Dallas losing at home to the Rams (5-10). St. Louis has lost four in a row and six of seven. The Redskins can still win the NFC East with a victory over the Eagles and a Giants loss to Oakland on Saturday night.

"Our feeling is that we don't make the playoffs if we don't beat Philadelphia," Gibbs said. "We know Dallas is going to be there. The one good thing is that we know all of our focus is going to be there."

If Joe says it, it's gospel. I'm just happy to see him nip this in the bud early!

The one big wild card here is the crowd. On their current streak the Redskins have not had to face a hostile crowd. By all accounts the TWA Dome crowd was lame and Arizona is always a joke. But those teams were still in it until the end. I hope either a lot of Skins fans decided to buy tickets or a lot of Philly fans decide to play no-show. Unfortunately, Philly fans probably will show, which will make our job more difficult. Then again, the Skins have performed fairly well against hostile road crowds and good teams earlier in the season. We'll see what happens.

Archived