Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Car got broken into (Green Lot)

hockeyguy1721

Wow, that really sucks. I hate to hear that. Merry Christmas, huh?

One thought - if you have a green permit you can also park in the RV area if you get in early enough. Not only a biiig party crowd, really fun people, but there's always a lot of people without tickets who stay in the lot all game to enjoy the tailgate and watch on TV. Discourages the casual break-in.

Call them, they might have cameras up, and could catch him. Also if there nice, they might replace whats stolena nd fix anythign broken in it.

Yeah... that AIN'T happenin

Call your insurance company, the good ones are open 12/25

It's a comprehensive claim, so if you carry that coverage you will be covered for the damage. If it's glass damage they will send safelite to fix the window otherwise they will do an estimate on the vehicle. I don't know what was stolen from the vehicle but usually only items that are attached to the vehicle (i.e. a radio) are covered. If it is an aftermarket radio the insurance company had to be notified of the upgrade prior to the incident (although they will usually cut you some slack on that). Items like cash, cds, pretty much anything not actually bolted to the vehicle is not covered although home insurance will usually pick up stuff like that however I'm sure your deductible is higher than $400 anyway. Most insurance companies don't require a police report in a case like this.

Good luck and sorry that it had to happen on such a good day.

it certainly sucks, i thought about calling the redskins or pg county police but i have the feeling they will simply not care. I'll call the skins at least to let them know i guess

Definitely call the Skins. They should have insurance. Don't ask them if they will cover it. Tell them you parked in one of their paid parking lots on their property. Tell them you want to file a claim for compensation. Don't let them say "you park at your own risk". You probably should check your parking pass....there may be some legal language in fine print....I don't have mine anymore.

I'd still make the arguement that you paid to park on their property and demand compensation. You also need to call the PG County Police so that an insurance claim can be made.

And yes, your own car insurance may cover some or all depending on your comprehensive deductible

Some idiot Skins fans tried to take my "Go Skins" magnet off the back of my van in the red lot but some other Skins fans stole it back off their car while they took off. They were really pissed that anyone would do that. If the folks who helped me out read this....Thanks man!....you're true Redskins fans....thanks for looking out for me.

roughly 5 years ago during a monday night game against the cowboys, i had my little weber grill stolen.

sure, its fiscal value (brand new) was approximately $20. but how could i ever replace the years of fond memories surrounding that precious grill? hundreds of hours of drinking, eating, farting, burping, drinking, chewing, drinking........damn i miss that grill.

i figure its not enough of a loss to claim with insurance but enough to hurt. There was no damage done to the car. They took a few christmas presents , a bunch of cd's a watch and a few other things. They must have been real pressed to steal a barbie out of my car!

That sucks Chris. Merry Christmas, huh? How did they steal your stuff and not damage the car?

Wow, that really sucks. I hate to hear that. Merry Christmas, huh?

One thought - if you have a green permit you can also park in the RV area if you get in early enough. Not only a biiig party crowd, really fun people, but there's always a lot of people without tickets who stay in the lot all game to enjoy the tailgate and watch on TV. Discourages the casual break-in.

Nope he's tailgating with me and the rest of the DTC in F-51. :D

Im sorry your car got broken into. That really does suck but some family in PG County had a great christmas this year because of you hahahah

Archived