Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who can be eliminated

BlueTalon

I found this on FOX Sports. Instead of a who-can-make-it set of scenarios, it's a who-can-get-the-boot set. I've never seen this before, and never heard it talked about, so I'm thinking it might be new for others here too.

I notice the Redskins aren't mentioned for this week -- I think that just means you could have still make the playoffs if you had lost today. Fortunately for you, that's a moot point. Congrats again on your win!

Here are the playoff elimination scenarios for Week 16:

NFC EAST

DALLAS COWBOYS

Cowboys can be eliminated with:

1) DAL loss + TB win + MIN win

2) DAL loss + TB win + WSH win

The Cowboys avoided elimination this week with their win over the Panthers.

NFC NORTH

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Vikings can be eliminated with:

1) MIN loss

NFC SOUTH

ATLANTA FALCONS

Falcons were eliminated with their loss and wins by the Cowboys and Redskins.

AFC WEST

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Chiefs can be eliminated with:

1) KC loss

The Chiefs avoided elimination this week with their win over the Chargers.

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

Chargers were eliminated with their loss and wins by the Jaguars and Steelers.

49ers, Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Dolphins, Eagles, Falcons, Jets, Lions, Packers, Raiders, Rams, Ravens, Saints, Texans and Titans have been eliminated from playoff contention.

49ers, Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Dolphins, Eagles, Falcons, Jets, Lions, Packers, Raiders, Rams, Ravens, Saints, Texans and Titans have been eliminated from playoff contention.[/i]

Win the NFC East is back, it never involves the Eagles. Way to go with your window of oppurtunity. Casue it has been slamed shut. :eaglesuck

It's really a shame Dallas won. Think about what a nightmare it would be ifthe Redskins lose next week and Dallas wins. The sweep would be wasted. Think about the horror of losing next week, and then having to watch the 5-10 Rams play at Texas Stadium at 8:30 Sunday evening.
Any given Sunday... that's why they play the game. And that's why good teams can't overlook the not-so-good teams.

Personally, I hope the Cowboys thrash the Rams. I'm NOT a Cowboys fan, but I hate the Rams. So it's on you to take care of business next week.

Tom, I'll just echo what others have said -- you're a class act.

It's really a shame Dallas won. Think about what a nightmare it would be ifthe Redskins lose next week and Dallas wins. The sweep would be wasted. Think about the horror of losing next week, and then having to watch the 5-10 Rams play at Texas Stadium at 8:30 Sunday evening.

A wasted sweep? No. Not even close. We beat the Cowboys twice. That is not a waste. We haven't had nine wins since 1999. Even if we somehow don't make the playoffs, this is STILL a team to be proud of.

Archived