Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick question...................Uni's

Pete

Burgandy on burgandy will never happen. The oppurtunity for it just dosen't come up enough.

We are one of the few teams in the NFL that wears a white jersey at home, most all other teams wear their teams dominant color at home. The Cowboys are another team that is like us, in that they wear white jerseys at home.

We at most have to wear the burgandy jersey twice a year, most years just once when we go to Dallas, didn't have to this year because they wore the throwbacks.

I have to take my hat off to my brother there. He called me before the first Dallas game and said, "Dallas is losing." I asked him why and he said, "they are wearing dark jerseys. It's done. It's over."

He obviously knew something no one else did! :laugh:

Why get up in arms about the jerseys? It's a three game winning streak Worry about it when it becomes a 13, 14 , 15 game winning streak. Quality teams such as the Steelers, Colts and Patriots have done it not so long ago. The jersey doesn't make the team nor does it predict success. Hanging on the jersey edge is like admitting there isn't enough talent to win on the team alone. If you’re betting on the color of the jersey then you might as well be at home playing the odds on flipping a coin. I’m all for the skins winning this weekend but banking their success on a jersey color is just stupid

This would be a great time to break out the all burgundy units.....put the Giants in their whites and give them a look that they've never seen before. That being said, I think we're going with the all whites again. It's one of those things you don't mess with while you're winning.

White on White, stick with what is working. Anyone have a pic of what the Burgandy on Burgandy would look like?

I remember there being a thread about this earlier this year that had a lot of images experiementing with an alt color uni. I don't remember seeing burgundy on burgundy thou. I would want to see it one time jus tfor the heck of it. I think that it wouldn't work because(to me) the jerseys appear to be a lighter shade of burgundy than the pants but I would have to see them actually wear them once before I form my final opinion. Who knows, they could kick ass.

Why get up in arms about the jerseys? It's a three game winning streak Worry about it when it becomes a 13, 14 , 15 game winning streak. Quality teams such as the Steelers, Colts and Patriots have done it not so long ago. The jersey doesn't make the team nor does it predict success. Hanging on the jersey edge is like admitting there isn't enough talent to win on the team alone. If you’re betting on the color of the jersey then you might as well be at home playing the odds on flipping a coin. I’m all for the skins winning this weekend but banking their success on a jersey color is just stupid

I think everyone is just trying to have a little fun. No need to call anyone stupid, jeez.

I like the white on white also.Isnt there a rule that you can only wear alternates like 3 or 4 times a year?Maybe not but i thought i heard that.
I don't think white-on-white counts as an alternate, it's just a different combination of your standard home and away uniforms. Which I think look sweet, by the way. I was wanting to comment on this earlier, and was thinking of starting a new thread just to do it. For teams that have any kind of red in their colors, you guys and Tampa do it right. It's a very good looking uniform, and your white-on-white looked really sharp.

BTW, for what it's worth, this year the Seahawks started wearing white-on-white a few times as a result of a team vote. Some of the players thought it made them look faster. I think the coaches figured that if the players feel faster, it can't possibly hurt anything.

Archived