Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are we rooting for again?

Sherlock Holmes

I believe we want the Bucs to beat Falcons.... Panthers to beat Cowboys..... Ravens to beat Vikings(god i hope it happens lol) and us of course holding our part of the deal.

What he said. If that happens, it's the only way we could make the playoffs with a 9-7 record(only assuming we lose one of our remaining 2 games). However, if we win both we're in period and don't have to worry about those other 3 teams losing atleast 1 game.

Depends on what you want. Being optimistic ...

#2 seed in the NFC would require carolina, chicago and tampa to lose out, us to win out, and the giants to lose out.

I think thats the best we can do at this point.

Right. It depends on if we want to be safe and clinch this weekend or go for the #2 seed because clinching this week, means we can't be the #2 seed.

Would you rather clinch the playoff spot this week or go for th #2 seed?

Well I'm rooting for the Skins to win out and don't care about the rest, it's the most direct path for us to get in the playoffs and in addition we need that momentum. After the result of our game with the Yuks (which can still make my fur stand up when mentioned) I can't bring myself to root for them at all. Let 'em get embarassed, they deserve it

Who cares who wins the other games. If the Redskins win 2 more games they are in the playoffs no matter what happens.

And there is just no way all those teams lose their last 2 games and the Redskins get the #2 seed. Its probably more likely for the coin flip against the giants to land on its side.

The only team worth rooting for is the redskins. If we win out, then we're rooting for dallas, the ravens and atlanta. If we don't then we're rooting against dallas and atlanta. So it's really confusing if you start scoreboard watching. The redskins just need to win. That's really it.

This makes the Chargers, Bucs, and Raiders games that much more difficult to swallow now.... :puke:

Those games are definitely tough to swollow. Even having one of those back, especially Tampa, would make us a virtual lock for the playoffs at this point. But the great thing is that the Redskins have a chance to get that bad taste out of our mouth. Sure it might cost us winning the division vs. a wild card but I can live with that. It's a wild card vs. nothing that hurts and we have a chance to avoid that pain.

I think there is a good chance we will get help in the other games this weekend. If that happens and we win, it would be so sweet to clinch a wildcard and enjoy the next week knowing we could win the division but having the wildcard in the pocket! That scenario seems too good to be true...but we can always dream.

Archived