Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYDN: Giant running back is a serious Redskins fan

bubba9497

Tiki's a Giant but still fan under Skin

Tiki Barber laughs about it but Giant running back is a serious Redskins fan.

Tiki Barber didn't strap on one of those big Hog noses and belt out a chorus of "Hail To The Redskins" in the middle of the Giants locker room. But he made a startling confession leading up to the biggest Giants-Redskins game in nearly 20 years: He still loves the Redskins.

Barber grew up in Roanoke, Va., bleeding burgundy and gold.

"I was an enormous Redskins fan," he said yesterday. "All my family are still Redskins fans. Friends from high school and college. They ask for tickets, they go root for me, but they want the Redskins to win."

So, he must hate the Skins now that he has been a Giant all these years. "No, I don't," he said. "I love them. I love the team. I love the organization. It's just my loyalties are different now."

Does that mean he's still a Redskins fan? "In some ways, I am. My loyalty is obviously with the Giants," he said. "In the back of my mind, I'm a Redskins fan growing up. Especially Joe Gibbs. The Redskins were my team. I loved Gibbs. I loved the Hogs ... (John) Riggins."

Full Article

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/story/376816p-320157c.html

Westbrook grew up in the area as well is it possible all the backs in our division are Redskin fans :laugh:

In matter of fact I think he is a Redskin fan I thought I heard somewhere he stated he is I remember Charlie Gardner use to play for the Eagles even though he grew up in the area he was a cowpuke fan.

Archived