Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things to fix for the Giants...

MRMADD

Same problem that we've had, consistently, since he was inexplicably signed: Mr. Frost. This guy has got to go. I mean, what was the problem with Groom? Maybe Groom should change his last name to Keasey to ensure a spot, at least periodically, on the roster.

Anyway, Frost is going to cost us, big-time, if we make it into the playoffs. He'll kill us in the field position chess game.

I think he is doing what they tell him to kick it high to give the rush a chance to get down there. he kicked better earlier in the season

I think bottom line is... if we can stop Tiki and play with the same intensity and energy that we did against the boys we will win the game.....

Also the crowd has to be huge... i was at the dallas game and it made a difference... we got that first interception and the momentum swung to us big time and we didnt let it go... the fans would not let the momentum swing back even when the cowboys drove the field for the missed FG.....

keep the energy and keep the intensity....

one more thing.. tackle.... we did not miss hardly any tackles yesterday... our hits were crisp and hard... and when we did slightly miss a tackle there was another skin there to wrap it up.....

o yeah keep the energy and keep the intensity....

We will be one game back after Saturday without the advantage of an extra home game.

i knew this was coming, the excuses will be flying Sunday. The Giants are winning by better margins, and they were not shut out this year...Yes, I'm sure those powerful Saints would have easily handled the Giants in San Antonio or Baton Rouge, they are World beaters down there!:laugh:

The Redskins are back huh?? You are still 2 full games behind the Giants, and with a win on Sunday your Skins will be eliminated from the playoff's.

You are wrong big blue eskimo..we are still in and you will take the loss on SATURDAY. Check your local listings and eat the yellow snow!:gaintsuck

i knew this was coming, the excuses will be flying Sunday. The Giants are winning by better margins, and they were not shut out this year...Yes, I'm sure those powerful Saints would have easily handled the Giants in San Antonio or Baton Rouge, they are World beaters down there!:laugh:

Saints in the Meadowlands was certainly easier than the Bucs in Tampa. Anyway keep on yapping Nanook. Eli is going to fold like a house of cards come Saturday.

Cheese with that whine?

Don't start the whining until AFTER you lose.

The Redskins are 8 and 6. Hardly a dynasty.

The Giants are 10 and 4, and have been inconsistent. Hardly a dynasty.

All the up and coming teams in the NFC East should be happy they are moving back to the old days of rivalry and intense close games whenever and wherever they meet.

No serious Giants fan thinks they are going to win by 36. Hopefully no Redskin fan (those who are serious and know football) think they are going to blow out the Giants by 28, or that the Redskins will repeat that great and dominating performance they had yesterday. Performances like that come along only occasionally, even for great teams. Neither the Giants nor the Redskins are great at present.

Perhaps Skins fans are feeling full of themselves after a dominating performance. Reality says this will be hard to repeat every week, and certainly one in a row is not a trend.

A few actual football notes:

Although the Giants record on the road is 3-3, Eli has played very well on the road. I was at the SD game, with an incredibly hostile crowd, and the PA announcer constantly pumping them up each Giant series, yet Eli threw for 352 yards, and was cool and collected. He made several key third down conversions, and brought the Giants back at the end of the half to a close game. The Giants defense gave up over 190 to LT. That is a combination of LT being LT, and the run defense having an off day.

Against Seattle, Eli gave his offense three chances to win with a FG. Eli doesn't kick FG's (yet), so one can hardly pin the loss on him. Tough game for the G-men to lose.

Second-I highly doubt Tiki will run against the Skins defense for another 200. Although he has two 200-yard games this year, that is an aberration, for ANY back. Yet the real question for the Skins is can he be kept under 100, and will over-committment to the run affect their pass defense. Tiki is having a great year, so these questions are unanswered.

Third-Will the Giants injuries on offense and defense allow Portis a big day? Like most NFC East battles, they are most often settled by the running game and control of the LOS.

Fourth-will the Redskins OL injuries significantly impact the above?

Fifth-Did any of you expect the Skins to lose by 36 in the Meadowlands? Did any of you predict, like actually put money, on a bet that the Skins would blow out the Cowboys by 4 TD's? No? So then ignore the Giants fans who predict the same thing, and the Redskins fans who predict the same thing, and be smart. This will likely be a close game, and nobody knows who will win for sure, given the NFC East history. Remember that a fumble or blown call/call not made can shift 3 to 7 points one way or the other, which will change the outcome of a close game.

I wish all of you the best, and hope for no significant injuries among our favorites, and hope for a renewal of old NFC East great games in December.

Cheers!

Cheese with that whine?

Don't start the whining until AFTER you lose.

The Redskins are 8 and 6. Hardly a dynasty.

The Giants are 10 and 4, and have been inconsistent. Hardly a dynasty.

All the up and coming teams in the NFC East should be happy they are moving back to the old days of rivalry and intense close games whenever and wherever they meet.

No serious Giants fan thinks they are going to win by 36. Hopefully no Redskin fan (those who are serious and know football) think they are going to blow out the Giants by 28, or that the Redskins will repeat that great and dominating performance they had yesterday. Performances like that come along only occasionally, even for great teams. Neither the Giants nor the Redskins are great at present.

Perhaps Skins fans are feeling full of themselves after a dominating performance. Reality says this will be hard to repeat every week, and certainly one in a row is not a trend.

A few actual football notes:

Although the Giants record on the road is 3-3, Eli has played very well on the road. I was at the SD game, with an incredibly hostile crowd, and the PA announcer constantly pumping them up each Giant series, yet Eli threw for 352 yards, and was cool and collected. He made several key third down conversions, and brought the Giants back at the end of the half to a close game. The Giants defense gave up over 190 to LT. That is a combination of LT being LT, and the run defense having an off day.

Against Seattle, Eli gave his offense three chances to win with a FG. Eli doesn't kick FG's (yet), so one can hardly pin the loss on him. Tough game for the G-men to lose.

Second-I highly doubt Tiki will run against the Skins defense for another 200. Although he has two 200-yard games this year, that is an aberration, for ANY back. Yet the real question for the Skins is can he be kept under 100, and will over-committment to the run affect their pass defense. Tiki is having a great year, so these questions are unanswered.

Third-Will the Giants injuries on offense and defense allow Portis a big day? Like most NFC East battles, they are most often settled by the running game and control of the LOS.

Fourth-will the Redskins OL injuries significantly impact the above?

Fifth-Did any of you expect the Skins to lose by 36 in the Meadowlands? Did any of you predict, like actually put money, on a bet that the Skins would blow out the Cowboys by 4 TD's? No? So then ignore the Giants fans who predict the same thing, and the Redskins fans who predict the same thing, and be smart. This will likely be a close game, and nobody knows who will win for sure, given the NFC East history. Remember that a fumble or blown call/call not made can shift 3 to 7 points one way or the other, which will change the outcome of a close game.

I wish all of you the best, and hope for no significant injuries among our favorites, and hope for a renewal of old NFC East great games in December.

Cheers!

Good post...A bit long, but good post!

Sorry for the length.

Been reading, trying to separate the good and knowledgable fans from the flamers, so I can enjoy and learn a bit. Some posts (like the Giants boards) are just too silly to take seriously. But you do have some good football people here, and I enjoy reading their viewpoints.

Congrats on a big win to all 'Skins fans. Hope you stay good for a while, just not too good ;)

Sorry for the length.

Been reading, trying to separate the good and knowledgable fans from the flamers, so I can enjoy and learn a bit. Some posts (like the Giants boards) are just too silly to take seriously. But you do have some good football people here, and I enjoy reading their viewpoints.

Congrats on a big win to all 'Skins fans. Hope you stay good for a while, just not too good ;)

oh brother, thank you mr Sanctimonious!

oh brother, thank you mr Sanctimonious!

Should any of us apologize for enjoying all the facets of football? If you can't read anyone else's board and learn something, you are missing something.

The skins kicked ass yesterday. If Giants fans can crow about beating up on the Redskins, why can't they do the same? They should enjoy it while they can. I would.

Look, the Skins are the Giants' chump this year until proven otherwise. Giants fans have a right to crow - they kicked our tails off in a game many of us thought would be close. Until we redeem ourselves its kind of hard to kick up steam about a team that has a 2 game better record than us, not to mention the buttkicking they gave us.

Hopefully, after Saturday, things will be different :D

personally, i think you need to score more than 0 points this time. That would be my first area of concern as a Redskins fan.

I still dont know how the Redskins are going to move the ball against the Giants Defense. They just held the #1 offense in the NFL to 17 points!

Do you think your offense compares to KC?

This guy is trolling around every thread...don't you have anything to do? Like the aforementioned banging of your pet seal?

It wouldnt have suprised me if the the saints beat you, the vikings did it. Its payback on saturday. Please come back to talk after the game. until then, STFU. :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

Ahhh, I see the mods have changed my avatar.....wow, you got me good!

well you should be banned cuz ur an ***hole but whatever...

anyway I agree with the Antonio Brown statement. He is such a huge threat in my opinion but needs to learn the position better. I mean for a guy who's only job is to return kicks it concerns me that he doesnt look like he knows what going on back there.

The Redskins are back huh?? You are still 2 full games behind the Giants, and with a win on Sunday your Skins will be eliminated from the playoff's.

Technically.. no we won't be eliminated from the playoffs... but I like that you are trying to sound smart. Try Again!:gaintsuck

You are showing your lack of football intelligence with this comment. Pay attention to the NFL "playoff picture" and other things other than your own team and you might get your facts straight--the Skinz can get in at 9-7 and more than likely would, even if we lose Saturday but beat the Eagles. However, I don't think the players in our locker room are too worried. We're just getting prepared like we did for the Girls. We'll be ready to play! BREAKING NEWS...Giants could lose the next two games and be a wild card team and Skinz would have the NFC East Division Title. So, don't get too ****y. We'll just stay humble and it'll be business as usual on Saturday.

Suggestion to Big Blue...check your facts before your fingers start typing false information that is misleading to my Skinz family.

Got It Pal!:mad:

HTTR

See ya Saturday, I'll be waiting in Section 130 row 25...come get some!!!:redpunch:

You are showing your lack of football intelligence with this comment. Pay attention to the NFL "playoff picture" and other things other than your own team and you might get your facts straight--the Skinz can get in at 9-7 and more than likely would, even if we lose Saturday but beat the Eagles. However, I don't think the players in our locker room are too worried. We're just getting prepared like we did for the Girls. We'll be ready to play! BREAKING NEWS...Giants could lose the next two games and be a wild card team and Skinz would have the NFC East Division Title. So, don't get too ****y. We'll just stay humble and it'll be business as usual on Saturday.

Suggestion to Big Blue...check your facts before your fingers start typing false information that is misleading to my Skinz family.

Got It Pal!:mad:

HTTR

See ya Saturday, I'll be waiting in Section 130 row 25...come get some!!!:redpunch:

Geez dude, relax...Get laid much?

Archived