Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things to fix for the Giants...

MRMADD

With all the great play, here are some minor issues to be worked out over the next week:

Antonio Brown... gotta protect that ball. Gotta call for fair catch when it's appropriate. He's playing like a gambler -- always trying for the big play and risking the big play in the opposite direction. You don't want to slow him down, but you do want him to be aware of the situation.

Taylor Jacobs... after his inexplicable failure to get his feet down inbounds on the first drive, he disappeared. Never saw him again. Finished the game with no catches. Biggest game of the year, and the Skins are limited to three offensive weapons: Portis, Moss, Cooley. That was enough... but I think we've seen enough to judge the Taylor Jacobs experiment a failure. He needs to go in the offseason. Three years is enough.

Derrick Frost... 33 yard average? Come on.

Ladell Betts... come on, protect the ball. It's too late in the season to let that thing get knocked out.

Anything I missed?

A lot of Frost's punts were intentionally short to pin the boys inside the 20 (3 to be exact). I'm not saying he did a good job or that he's a good punter. Just that punting averages are misleading if you are kicking the other teams behind.

Like we kicked Dallas' behind today. YEAH BABY.

Let's look at Frost's punting:

1. Kicking from the Cowboys 37 yard line, he hits a 19 yarder. The Girls get the ball at their 19. Rating: OK.

2. Kicking from the Skins 36, he kicks a 36 yarder. Cowboys get the ball at their 28. Rating: Not so good.

3. Kicking from Cowboys 38, he kicks a 25 yarder to the Cowboys 13. Rating: Fine.

4. Kicking from the Skins 49, he kicks a 42 yarder to the 9. Rating: Great.

5. Kicking from the Dallas 41, he kicks a 41 yarder for a touchback. Rating: Bad.

6. Kicking from the Skins 19, he uncorks a 38 yarder. The Cowboys end up with the ball on their own 49. Rating: Lousy.

So his rating isn't just that he was directionally punting: even on the kicks where he could boom it, he didn't. Below average, I'd say.

Your missing something real big,lack of pass rush.You give Eli alot of time in the pocket and he could be a real pain in the balls.

?????

Were you watching the same game as everyone else?

The rush was huge yesterday, both from the line and other places. Of the seven sacks, Philip Daniels alone had four. Seven sacks!!! Can't even remember how many times Bledsoe was hit.

Your missing something real big,lack of pass rush.You give Eli alot of time in the pocket and he could be a real pain in the balls.

the pass rush was fine against the cowgirls.unfortunately we need to worry about barber, shockey, toomer and burress. Also, manning is bit more mobile than bledsoe- :gaintsuck who kept waiting to make big plays downfield.

if the skins get presuure with the front four only, we win- period. the giants have backups at both offensive tackles.My only fear is big running plays because of broken tackles by barber. he is definitely difficult to bring down. the defense must have a monster game and the skins will have to run the ball well. pierce being gone will help- as he is one guy who knows the various schemes and signals.

personally, i think you need to score more than 0 points this time. That would be my first area of concern as a Redskins fan.

I still dont know how the Redskins are going to move the ball against the Giants Defense. They just held the #1 offense in the NFL to 17 points!

Do you think your offense compares to KC?

The Chiefs were coming off a emotional loss against Dallas. They gave up pretty much. You can thank Dallas for that. You have a game coming up that is dangerous for you. We have nothing to loose and everything to gain. The atmosphere will be electric and the game will go our way this time. Tiki will be held in check causing Eli to throw an interception fest! I think the Redskins are back, and I have never been so confident in them in the last 10 years. If we play as well as we did against Dallas, the Giants are in Giant trouble!:gaintsuck

personally, i think you need to score more than 0 points this time. That would be my first area of concern as a Redskins fan.

I still dont know how the Redskins are going to move the ball against the Giants Defense. They just held the #1 offense in the NFL to 17 points!

Shut up and go bang your pet seal. You folks in Alaska need more sunlight. The Redskins are a much different team on Dec 19 then they were on Oct 1. You can bet on this... no shutout for that vaunted defense you are propping up this weekend and you will be in for a dog fight. 90 thousand crazies will be there to remind you all day bro. Now go build an igloo.

Dude! That game last time with the Giants is not the norm, just like us putting that woopin on Dallas is not the norm. We have a much BETTER "D" than KC, I can tell you that. And division games are NEVER a given. If we can play close to what we did yesterday, then I absolutely think we can beat the Giants.

Same problem that we've had, consistently, since he was inexplicably signed: Mr. Frost. This guy has got to go. I mean, what was the problem with Groom? Maybe Groom should change his last name to Keasey to ensure a spot, at least periodically, on the roster.

Anyway, Frost is going to cost us, big-time, if we make it into the playoffs. He'll kill us in the field position chess game.

With all the great play, here are some minor issues to be worked out over the next week:

Antonio Brown... gotta protect that ball. Gotta call for fair catch when it's appropriate. He's playing like a gambler -- always trying for the big play and risking the big play in the opposite direction. You don't want to slow him down, but you do want him to be aware of the situation.

Taylor Jacobs... after his inexplicable failure to get his feet down inbounds on the first drive, he disappeared. Never saw him again. Finished the game with no catches. Biggest game of the year, and the Skins are limited to three offensive weapons: Portis, Moss, Cooley. That was enough... but I think we've seen enough to judge the Taylor Jacobs experiment a failure. He needs to go in the offseason. Three years is enough.

Derrick Frost... 33 yard average? Come on.

Ladell Betts... come on, protect the ball. It's too late in the season to let that thing get knocked out.

Anything I missed?

Actually Frost Punted good. The average is mileading beacuse a short one went into the endzone which brings the net yards down considerably.

You think our defense is as bad as KC? You guys could barely score on the cowboys both games.

Archived