Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets John Abraham willing to accept trade

#1SkinsFan

I'm tellin ya...a cheaper, more productive end in terms of run AND pass defense is Kyle Vanden Bosch. Hell, we might even be able to sign him AND Aaron Kampman. Both of these guys are lunch pail players who, unlike Abraham, have some character.

Agreed.. However individual skill doesn't add up to Abraham's for the price and scheme these guys would be right up our alley.

You gotta be kidding me. The Jets needed their "franchise player"( the Jets words,not mine.) in the playoffs but where was he?? Counting his greenbacks and the future probability of more.

Now contrast that to the players Gibbs has brought here since his return(blue collar and team orientented). BIG difference.

No way Abraham is coming here. Nor should we want him.

I still want him. This league is about the money. Same way Santana held out for a deal is the same way most "Football players" hold out for what they think they deserve or what the agent TELLS them they deserve.

Sign Abraham to a long term deal and I bet you he changes your opinion.

Redskins Get:

John Abraham

7th Round Draft Pick

Jets Get:

Patrick Ramsey

2nd Round Draft Pick

I did it just like the guys in ESPN:silly: . Sign this guy to like a 2 year contract or somthing. since hes getting up there in age i heard. Then again I really dont want him here anyway.We should draft sombody or get that D-Lineman from Green Bay.

Hmm...let's see here...

A top tier DE for a shell shocked, happy feet QB...who is not even a start on his own team. Hmm...why oh why does that just not seem not seem duable? Come guys...be serious and the Burgandy & Gold colored glasses off!!! Why would anyone give away that much for a QB that they know we don't value a greatly? The ONLY way it would be done...would be to rid themselves of a cancer, which he isn't. Yes, there has been frustration in the media, but Herm said he's their guy (considering his talent, no wonder). Though getting somene like Ramsey will allow them to draft another need...Abraham is giving up WAY TOOOOOOO MUCH for little in return.

This isn't fantasy football and if you weren't Redskins fans...you'd think the the idea of trading a top tier DE for a back up QB or a QB who hasn't proven anything would be far fetched or plain crazy!

Abraham sat out to protect himself. Players do that all the time. Does nobody remember the fact that Ramsey held out of training camp? :rolleyes:

Sure, from a business standpoint he screwed his team, but that wouldn't have happened if he WAS NOT in a contract year. He wants a long term deal which is what 99% of NFL players want. This is nothing new.

You sign this guy to a long term deal with incentives and a nice bonus and you never look back.

From a football sense this guy is the answer. His sacks are down a bit from last year but I've watched him play this year. He makes a living in the backfield disrupting plays and pressuring QBs. Just the type of player this team has lacked for many years now. Forget the system, Williams has said countless times he likes good Football Players and he builds his system around their strengths.

And enough with this "Joe Gibbs type of player" crap. It's becoming way too cliche around here. I bet anyone $500 that three years ago when Portis was running around the sidelines in Denver wearing a big gold boxing belt nobody would have guessed him to be a Gibbs type of player. :rolleyes:

I'll let Gibbs and Williams be the judge of that stuff. Now, time to make a deal for Abraham. :deal:

agreed!!! :notworthy

the bergundy homers are at it again. To think that any team is going to give up an all pro defensive end for aPatrick Ramsey/ Joey Harrington/david Carr type QB....GET REAL.

"All pro" for an "unproven person on the bench." If that was a question on your high school test and you put that "yea dude the skins rock and I want that trade", your teacher would flunk you. NOBODY would make that trade.

However with that said, there are other possible trade scenaros involving draft picks, present and future. However, remember that Abraham holds all the cards because he has to okay a trade, and Snyders money is very appealing to prospective employees who want to "get rich quick".

the bergundy homers are at it again. To think that any team is going to give up an all pro defensive end for aPatrick Ramsey/ Joey Harrington/david Carr type QB....GET REAL.

"All pro" for an "unproven person on the bench." If that was a question on your high school test and you put that "yea dude the skins rock and I want that trade", your teacher would flunk you. NOBODY would make that trade.

However with that said, there are other possible trade scenaros involving draft picks, present and future. However, remember that Abraham holds all the cards because he has to okay a trade, and Snyders money is very appealing to prospective employees who want to "get rich quick".

Here's too the homers and the illiterate ignorant..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/12/14/bc.fbn.jets.abraham.ap/index.html

Guys I saw this and really think we should trade for him. We need a D-lineman, and he would be perfect for the system. We should think about dealing Ramsey to the Jets, for him. What do ya'll think?

That would be great, but there are better QB's than Ramsy available they might go for someone beeter at that position. SUCKS FOR US BECAUSE IF WE HAD THE MONEY THEY MAYBE WONT EVEN ACCEPT THAT GUY, there is Collins probably available after this year also Culpepper, Shaub from Atlanta, hmmm, thats all I can think of as of right now oh yeah, also Philip Rivers from San Diego so even if we wanted to get rid of him to the Jets for John it might not happen, guess well wait and see what happens.

Archived