Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's now official. Gibbs is turning us around.

Ignatius J.

Gibbs either doesn't have or lost (through injury) the players he needs to "get creative".

Gibbs has been turning us around all along. He warned us in his initial press conference that it would not be easy or quick.

EXACTLY.

BUT so many thought because he is JG.......it would be a piece of cake...and we should go to the super bowl LAST YEAR.

Work in progress..........and we really are on our way.

Blondie

Plus, look at some of the losses we've had.......

Denver - 2 points

Tampa - 1 point

Oakland - 3 points

The longer we stick with this system and when we finally get all of the pieces in place, we're going to start winning those types of games.

Gibbs either doesn't have or lost (through injury) the players he needs to "get creative".

not sure i agree with this. between brown and moss, there's quite a bit of speed. portis, rock, sellars have power.

portis can throw well.

not sure what else we need to get creative.

we need a QB who...1) Doesn't make bonehead mistakes and is mobile (PR is out); 2) can throw the ball downfield (Brunell is out). until that ingredient is added...we will always, always be at a disadvantage in tight games or against top tier teams. this team has many problems to fix, fewer than previously, but QB has been the one consistent achilles heel for the past 12-13 years.

The last time we experienced success we had a qb named Brad Johnson. I wished we had him now. Not for the long term obviously, but for this season.

I think he's doing a pretty good job but with some tweaking on offense and playcalling we could have been a contender this year. Since there hasnt been any real changes from game to game it seems like gibbs is confident his style of offense is going to work...

I dont personally like it but JD knows what he is doing and i guess will see next yr

I'm not packing my bags for the playoffs yet, I still think it's unlikely, but boy is it possible.

More importantly though are the numbers 5, 6, and 7.

As in 5 wins the year before gibbs.

As in 6 wins in gibbs first year.

As in at least 7 wins in his second.

For a team that has been in the business of getting worse each and every year, we are getting better. objectively.

Those numbers are fine when you rebuild and have a young QB. But what about if your QB is 35 years old and you are going to start over next year. Juast because you win 6 game and then 8 game the next doesn't mean you then win 10 the next year. The Skins can win 8 or 9 this year and then without a better QB or if they start the rookie Campbell they could take a step backwards.

There just isn't any automatic progression like you are insinuating. Its great that the Skins can do what they have done, but remember Parcells first year the Cowboys made the playoffs and then the next year they changed QB's and they stunk. I will feel better when the Redksins finally get a QB who can be the QB for more than 1 or 2 years. Everytime you get a new QB you start over on offense.

Why do people say "discuss"?

That's what the forum is for...

GW's defense has been, well, not very good this season. They have moments of brilliance and alot of moments of mediocrity. I'd say it's a 50/50 thing, seeing how when the offense plays the D doesn't and vice versa.

Yea too bad the offense is always medicore :doh:

Archived