Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cost of Health Care

Destino

To not be a fat ass and be able to pick up girls :laugh:

That is my motivation at least

I do realize that with overweight people, some have serious genetic issues which need to be treated medically

Many many others though simply have to figure out a way to live a healthier lifestyle, work out, eat right, etc, and they will avoid many health problems

I can't figure out why people allow themselves to get a certain way physically. Seriously, it takes 10 minutes to go out and run a mile (if you are slow) and burn 150 calories and get that heart rate up

I agree with everything you are saying. But if you are drawing up policy for America's health care, would you really propose a place that is based on asking people to live healthier lives? It's not going to happen.

You are dealing with market behavior here. Something has to trigger a change. That something has to be more then good advice.

Our old neighbors, one of them is a pharmaceutical rep.

She works 4 days a week, 6-7 hours a day.

They just sold in our old neighborhood, and bought a $500,000 home. Her husband doesn't even work. They have a $80,000 ski boat, a new Land Rover, a new 4Runner, and a custom Harley, among other toys.

It is truly absurd. And actually criminal the more you think about it.

I don't know of course, but the way they spend money I'm guessing she makes well over $200k. :doh:

You gonna look families straight in the eye who can't afford premiums and advocate preventative measures? If you can do it with a straight face, more power to you. ;)

If living longer means becoming an effin vegan or eating tofu then I'll opt for the 75 yrs and done

I agree with that, which is why I want to take care of myself now so I actually enjoy life after 75

There was some 92 year old on Neil Cavuto's show a few weeks ago who looked healthier then many people I know around my age

It can be done

I agree with everything you are saying. But if you are drawing up policy for America's health care, would you really propose a place that is based on asking people to live healthier lives? It's not going to happen.

You are dealing with market behavior here. Something has to trigger a change. That something has to be more then good advice.

Honestly, and I know it sounds very idealistic, but I would

Now I know there is an age group where preventative care will do very little

But for our age group I would advocate it. For example, being able to write off on your taxes your gym fees. As a company I would want to focus on prevantitive care with my younger workers so they do not become a burden on our healthcare plan in future years

Our old neighbors, one of them is a pharmaceutical rep.

She works 4 days a week, 6-7 hours a day.

They just sold in our old neighborhood, and bought a $500,000 home. Her husband doesn't even work. They have a $80,000 ski boat, a new Land Rover, a new 4Runner, and a custom Harley, among other toys.

It is truly absurd. And actually criminal the more you think about it.

I don't know of course, but the way they spend money I'm guessing she makes well over $200k. :doh:

You gonna look families straight in the eye who can't afford premiums and advocate preventative measures? If you can do it with a straight face, more power to you. ;)

Hmm, I need to enter a new field of work :laugh:

But in all seriousness, I would advocate prevantitive measures. My brother and I do it with our parents all the time.

You can find health care plans for less if you have fewer issues with your body. Mine costs me 138 dollars a month and I am covered for all sorts of things

In all honesty though, if we do not change the pardigam on health care, its going to cost way way too much all around for anyone to be able to afford it

I hope someone is daring enough to say "we can't do this anymore this way"

The cheapest future solution is preventative care, which has to start at an early age. If health care providors and the government invested in this, the savings over the long run would be immense

The cheapest future solution is preventative care, which has to start at an early age. If health care providors and the government invested in this, the savings over the long run would be immense

Invest in what EXACTLY?

Comercials promoting a healthy lifestyle? Already doing it.

Education for kids on the importance of a healthy practices? Already doing it.

What exactly would you invest in that would lead to a miracle change in human behavior? How would you get NavyDave to eat more salad and less steak?

Invest in what EXACTLY?

Comercials promoting a healthy lifestyle? Already doing it.

Education for kids on the importance of a healthy practices? Already doing it.

What exactly would you invest in that would lead to a miracle change in human behavior? How would you get NavyDave to eat more salad and less steak?

Guys (SHF, Kilm, JB, etc.).... I mean this lovingly, but you're going to have to do better than 'eat more vegetables' as the solution to our nation's spiraling health care costs :laugh:

Archived