Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which QB Would You Start?

MRMADD

Its just like Spurrier said: you go with the guy with the hot hand. And you really don't know which one its going to be, until you throw them all out there. Thankfully, this is not like baseball, whereas in baseball you would pinch hit for a guy, and that guy you're taking out of the game would be done for the game. How this equates to football, is that if the other 2 QBs are stinking it up, you can always go back to the first guy and give him another shot.

There really aren't many good QBs that you could trade for right now. I'm not saying that our situation appears to be hopeless, its not, by any means. What this win means tonight, is that we have a lot of work to do. This game is our reality check. Its nice that we won, and came back from behind ... but is it? One of these guys are going to work; its just a question of who and when.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how the leader for the starting qb position has changed?

DW went 2-5 with two drops and another pass completion called back. So if his team makes did their job he would have went 5 out of 6.

The interception was on 3rd down i believe... they took a shot down field. So that equaled a 50 yard punt.

I think Steve should have left him in... but he didn't want his starters for the season... getting hurt.... could be.....

Originally posted by airGatorSkins96

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how the leader for the starting qb position has changed?

DW went 2-5 with two drops and another pass completion called back. So if his team makes did their job he would have went 5 out of 6.

The interception was on 3rd down i believe... they took a shot down field. So that equaled a 50 yard punt.

I think Steve should have left him in... but he didn't want his starters for the season... getting hurt.... could be.....

You are correct I believe. If he put Danny in later, I think that would have shown he was not so sure about Danny. I think by putting Sage back in, that showed Spurrier is comfortable with Shane as well. I'm glad Sage did better the second time around. I like all of them, they all seem to be good guys.

As I've said on other threads, based strictly on how well our QBs have looked when playing starter vs. starter:

Danny looked like a pretty good QB, playing against a really good defense (and the defense got some breaks). Shane and Sage looked hot-and-cold against some p!ss-poor defenses (and our QBs got some breaks).

Note: I wasn't a Danny fan before last night. And I don't think the competition is over (insuffecient evidence). But I think his standing improved based on what I saw.

Originally posted by airGatorSkins96

Exactly. DW is still the #1 guy, Matthews still #2.

Rosenfels is perhaps winning a roster spot, and forcing Spurrier to keep 4. But that's the only thing that changed.

Originally posted by DIESEL TROLL

I want to see what this Ramsey kid can do, have heard nothing but good words on his arm and athleticism, develop with a mindset of a warrior with smarts.......who knows?;) ;) ;)

I agree..... That's the only thing I was dissappointed in last night. I want to see Ramsey get a chance.

Wow, there are alot of gators voting for Danny.

My vote goes for Sage. He has done as good or better then the Gators vs. first string and back ups. He has the best arm of the three. He also has the greatest upside due to his age and physical abilities. To not keep Sage is foolish. So what gator gets the axe if we don't keep four? I want to see 2 more games before I comment on that one.

I think the big question is why did Spurrier give Sage the chance to redeem himself? Does Spurrier really like Sage or what? I watched them very intently at camp and I knew there was a weird bond between them. I believe one of two things are going to happen now. Either Spurrier truley believes in Sage and sees the diamond in the rough potential in him the way I do, or he just wanted to up Sage's trade value.

Now since I really don't think Spurrier is making his decisions as a GM. I don't think it was to up his trade value. Spurrier has seemed to want nothing to do with operating the franchise, he just wants to coach the "O". Having said that I believe Sage will be on this team and he has a good chance to be the starter.

Now I know every Gator fan out there disagree's with my opinion. You know what, I don't care. Riddle me this gatorman, Why did Spurrier give Sage the chance to redeem himself?

If Spurrier really wanted his 2 gator boys and Sage is the ugly red headed stepchild he would have left Shane in. Then he could have said he gave Sage a quarter and very few would have objected to Sage being cut. He obviously likes Sage. There is no other explanation.

The way I see it DW is #1, Sage#2, Ramsey #3 with Shane being cut.

Sage has been about on par with Shane but with less experiance in the NFL & Spurrier offence this means he has the better potential so lets go with youth

I think & hope Sage will make the team unless we can trade him for the Chicargo Gaurd.

Also what odds on DW for the Pro Bowl?

Without a doubt i would start DW. He looks as if he is in complete control ofthe offense. The guy makes quick decisions and in my opinion didnt play bad against PItt. He made a great decision on the int. because it served as a punt. Also he made a great decision to pick it up and run to gain a few yards. i iike what ive seen so far!!

Archived