Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Derrius Thompson

Art

Originally posted by Art

Thompson again. That was all Sage to Derrius :).

Art, I look forward to you posting this line again and again, especially in the regular season, when it is our first string against the poor opposing team's first string! You are the Herzog of the internet. LOL. Hail to the Redskins!:notworthy

The Steeler announcers were laughing at the Redskins and their Fun and Gun in the third quarter. Now they are squirming. I think we gained some respect, even if we did come back against the Steeler's JV team.

Sage is doing exactly what Danny did against the Niners JV team. We should cut a young promising Sage? Sage definitely has a better arm than Shane and Wuerffel. I think Danny should be more worried about his future than Sage.

Let's see......hmmmm........initials match my moniker, same last name......hmmmmm........THIS season is gonna be fun. I can just hear it now: "Rosenfels to THOMPSON on a slant, TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS!" "Werfful airs mails one downfield.......WOW!!!! THOMPSON WITH THE CIRCUS CATCH!!!!! TOUCHDOWN

WASHINGTON REDSKINS!!!!!!!"

Yez indeed, dis sezuns gone be fun, so sayeth the TROLLMAN. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

DT reminds me of Terrell Owens before he became TERREL OWENS. DT is gonna be the man in a few years. Big, strong great ability. Chris Doering simply catches whatever is thrown to him. He is amazing as well.

Both Thompson and Doering are a lock to make the roster. The only question is where on the depth chart are they placed.

I think Spurrier should let Thompson play a little with the starters in the next game. If he can shine there as well, I think it should considered that he be the #3 reciever. Lockett better watch his back.

Doering will either be the #4 WR or #5 WR. He catches everything that comes his way. Yet I think more physical, starting corners would have their way with him in bump coverage.

THey said that DT was just abusing those defenders in there. One pass was suposed to be a pic and DT just SNATCHED the ball from the defender. I'm sayin, this guy is looking great. I do want to see him and Doering come in and play some against more quality defenders. RIght now I'm thinking that DT will be able to manhandle the smaller CB's. His only problem may come against the more experienced CB's like Anaes Williams or Charles Woodson. But Even if he does have trouble with them, we can always throw it to Gardner.

Doering intrigues me because I never thought he had a hell's chance to make the team. I mean, you never heard anything about him in camp and all of a sudden preseason starts and he's lighting the world on fire. The only ball I remember him missing was the one that was thrown out of bounds and he didnt get his feet right. I think his only problem will be his speed, but he should be great for a possession reciever. BUt didnt he go down? I'm wondering if he's okay.

Doering intrigues me because I never thought he had a hell's chance to make the team. I mean, you never heard anything about him in camp and all of a sudden preseason starts and he's lighting the world on fire. The only ball I remember him missing was the one that was thrown out of bounds and he didnt get his feet right. I think his only problem will be his speed, but he should be great for a possession reciever. BUt didnt he go down? I'm wondering if he's okay.

I heard he was lighting up camp as well, but then again, I was listening for how he was doing. I believe the conventional wisdom by most Redskin fans and the media was that Doering was another Gator castoff who didn't do anything in the NFL, and was there ONLY to coach the receivers. Before the preseason games, no one even mentioned Doering as a candidate to even make the team. Amazing what some can do when given the chance...After all, this is what preseason is for....right?

HTTR!:cheers:

To answer a question above, I'm not sure if Green started, but I did see him coming off the field after one defensive series in the first quarter. He probably was not thrown to, and played only a series or two considering the ribs.

Thompson is just outstanding. There's no other way to say it. I know he's not seen any live action with the first team, but Spurrier said in his news conference that he may get the start next week. That will be interesting. I just wish the next start was BEFORE my fantasy draft...he'd be good keeper material.

I really think that the Skins need to show that any one of these QB's can hang with a first-team defense. I know some of you are going to get all over me and that's fine. But I haven't seen it. I said in another thread somewhere that all you had to do to defend against the Redskins is hold tight coverage on the receivers and get a good rush in there. Then "wait for the duck". Did the conclusion of the second series of the game under Wuerffel not spell that out directly.

I hope you realize that the haltime score is the only true measure of the results that the Redskins can look at honestly. Now granted, if the Steelers weren't given short field on multiple occasions in the first half, the score would have been a lot closer. So I think the defense held its own. But you GOTTA get somebody who can do better under center. Seriously, Wuerffel?

If I was Spurrier and had to pick my QBs, I'd take three into the season...Rosenfels as the starter (if he can play against the starters like he did against the 3rd string), Matthews as the backup, solely for his experience, and Ramsey.

Question: Does Spurrier have a chip-on-his-shoulder against Ramsey for holding out? I know he's a rookie and reported late, but shouldn't he at least get some game feet in during this preseason?

I really think that the Skins need to show that any one of these QB's can hang with a first-team defense. I know some of you are going to get all over me and that's fine. But I haven't seen it. I said in another thread somewhere that all you had to do to defend against the Redskins is hold tight coverage on the receivers and get a good rush in there. Then "wait for the duck". Did the conclusion of the second series of the game under Wuerffel not spell that out directly.

I didn't see that at all. Wuerffel would have been 5-6 if his teammates had does their jobs. We'll see if that's all the Philly DBs will have to do. You guys better talk to Lito Sheppard about how easy it is to defend the Fun n' Gun...You'll need more than 4 DBs to "hold tight coverage" which means SD will run against 6-7 players. I like his chances...:cool:

HTTR!!:cheers:

Archived