Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snowing in Philly -Game thread, anyone?...

Chachie

Why isn't it? When the Eagles got good qb play this year, they were 4-2.

Do I have to remind you about the times when the Eagles were winning the NFC East with Torrence Small and Na Brown as the starting receivers?

It all starts and ends with McNabb. If he comes back as McNabb, the Eagles will be very very good.

Roger and thats why our, Redskins, margin of error is the highest in the NFC East. McNabb was lost and so was there season. What do you think will happen to , whats his name, Bleeding if he goes down? Oh, Dallas will be just like Philly and same with NY. Oh, but waite they have Hassleback. This is one way you can judge a good football team and a verry good way. There are other variables too, but I wonder what would happen if Payton , with Indy, went down.

Do I have to remind you about the times when the Eagles were winning the NFC East with Torrence Small and Na Brown as the starting receivers?

It all starts and ends with McNabb. If he comes back as McNabb, the Eagles will be very very good.

Your training is almost complete, young apprentice

:notworthy

Finally I'm getting thru. :cool:

I believe they had a running game back then...

I don't know how you can even compare the two.

Brunell had played nine games.

Nine.

That's plenty of support for your coach and players.

We the fans gave support, but after even a a few games of last season it was clear he was not physically 100%

But he still started, and still played sub par football.

Brunell needed to be pulled.

McMahon is Reids boy.

He had two starts, then this one vs the Seattle.

And the boos rained down in the first quarter.

Yeah, he sucks, but the only other option was Detmer.

Reid needed to see if the McMahon experiment was going to work.

IMO he still doesn't know.

Yet somehow you see this as support for your team. It's crap.

Who gets the start this week?

McMahon.

Did the boos help him?

No.

??? Are you saying it took 9 games before fans booed him?

Umm no. Its one thing for them to go three and out on their first offensive possession and be booed.

It's another thing to throw an int that goes back for a td, right after the defense gives up a td on seattles first drive. I look upon the boo's as more towards the team in general or even the offense, then in McMahon alone.

Modern philadelphia fans know what success is. They've seen it, they expect it. They know this team is capable of it. With that said, I can understand why they hold their team to higher expectations then a redskins fan would.

??? Are you saying it took 9 games before fans booed him?

Yeah. That's pretty much what I'm saying. Go to the games first, then talk to me about who's booing and when.

There were already 4 home games in 2004. Tampa, Dallas, Baltimore, and Green Bay.

Cincinnati was the 5th home game, the 9th game of the season. Brunell was missing open receivers that he was trying to connect with. It wasn't like he was just making bad reads. He clearly was not able to make throws. That was when the fans turned on him.

You want to justify booing McMahon because he sucked balls, that's fine. But it didn't help the home team win the game. The tide turned so fast on that team the fans themselves helped convince Philly that they sucked. There was no homefield advantage, and no 12th man or whatever you want to call it.

And you can take that hold the team up to a higher standard crap to the curb. I remember when Philly sucked donkey a$$ and I know what good football is. But philly fans are impatient. Unless every play goes for positive yards, they whine like little girls.

Football games are give and take. It's about playing 60 min of football. Gibbs made me sweat it out even when the team was winning super bowls, so patience is part of being a Gibbs fan. Reid is big play, and that's apparently all Philly fans know now. When they don't get it, they cry.

You believe, or are you throwing **** against the wall again? Are you talking about Darnell Autry, when Duce was out for the year as the running game? :bow:

2001 111 ypg

2002 138 ypg

2003 125 ypg

2004 102 ypg

2005 82 ypg

See a trend?

Having more of a commitment to the run doesn't necessarily mean having a running game. When the Eagles have ran this year, they have been very successful. Andy Reid just lost his mind somewhere along the way.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lucky for us, eh?

Not to worry, I'm sure he'll find it somewhere.

Archived