Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snowing in Philly -Game thread, anyone?...

Chachie

It was embarrassing in the same way that our 36-0 loss at the Giants was embarassing. When you lose by that much, especially that quickly and in an game that's televised on national television, it hurts. This isn't about the 'Skins as much as it's about being a fan of a football team that got shut out at home, where the game was over by halftime, and where the score could have been much worse. That's what I was getting at. That it was against the Eagles didn't really matter.

The difference is that 70 million were watching this, and the pathetic eagle fans, booing everything :doh:

WAKE up your team stinks :eaglesuck

What's the difference? Are the Skins going to win the Superbowl this year? According to everyone around these parts, you have the Superbowl champion, and then you have everyone else, who is the same. This is the way the last 5 years of success has been explained away.

You and I both know that is total farging bullshtein.

A shutout sucks. The skins had one in the Meadowlands, and you get numb watching it after a while. It's easier to take than a close game lost, but a shutout still sucks.

A shutout at home sucks even more. Especially when they were retiring Reggie Whites number, and people like Keith Jackson and Seth Joyner are around.

Being a national game, everyone got to hear the boos. Booing McMahon is not the answer. So the stereotypes continue about lousy Philly fans.

Holmgren pulled Alexander at halftime.

He pulled Hasselbeck and Jones in the third quarter.

He threw 1 pass in the 4th quarter and 3 passes in the second half, it's not like they were running up the score.

And the Eagles were still shutout.

You can spout all that what's the difference talk, but we both know it isn't true.

tsk tsk :nono:

don't take your fustrations out on us, you were warned the bubble was going to burst long ago in the off season. Nothing lasts forever

Go beat up TO :)

Bubba, the Eagles are without McNabb, Sheppard, 3/5 of the starting O-line, Owens, Pinkston, Buckhalter, etc.

It's obvious they are going to suck for the remainder of this year. It goes to show just how important a franchise QB is to a team.

The defense let up 2 real tds last night. The Eagles offense was responsible for 4 tds the Seahawks scored.

The Eagles, with a healthy McNabb, will be back next year. The smarter of you know it too.

Bubba, the Eagles are without McNabb, Sheppard, 3/5 of the starting O-line, Owens, Pinkston, Buckhalter, etc.

It's obvious they are going to suck for the remainder of this year. It goes to show just how important a franchise QB is to a team.

The defense let up 2 real tds last night. The Eagles offense was responsible for 4 tds the Seahawks scored.

The Eagles, with a healthy McNabb, will be back next year. The smarter of you know it too.

the eagles slide downward started before all the injuries, and you know it

not much fun being on the other end of the division is it? :silly:

the eagles slide downward started before all the injuries, and you know it

not much fun being on the other end of the division is it? :silly:

That downward slide started before training camp, when the Owens-Rosenhaus circus announced it was coming to town. It proved to be so entertaining that the coaches and players couldn't quite focus all 100% or their attention on foosball (Owens-Rosenhaus circus is the DEBIL!)

That downward slide started before training camp, when the Owens-Rosenhaus circus announced it was coming to town. It proved to be so entertaining that the coaches and players couldn't quite focus all 100% or their attention on foosball (Owens-Rosenhaus circus is the DEBIL!)

Owens to Dallas. Please. Let the carnage continue.

Would you bet against it?

I think we both know that the team on the field last night is a far cry from the team Eagles fans boasted about all off-season, and certainly a far cry from the team we'll see next year.

With McNabb around, are you really comfortable believing that we are about to go in the cellar?

The Eagles won't dominate the division the way they have for the last five years. Ain't gonna happen. They'll be good...but so will the rest of the division. Most games will be determined by home field advantage...

The Eagles won't dominate the division the way they have for the last five years. Ain't gonna happen. They'll be good...but so will the rest of the division. Most games will be determined by home field advantage...

Whenever the Skins start playing Campbell, there will be a 2 year period where you will be pretty bad. When the Boys replace Bledsoe, the same thing will happen.

Like it or not, the play of a franchise QB directly relates to success in the NFL nowadays.

I'm sure someone will make the inevitable Roethlisburger analogy as to why you will be great even when Campbell takes over.....

As much as I am always moaning about the Eagles fans, and Im not sticking up for the m here.....can we as Redskin fans say the scene would have been any different? I was a raving lunatic at home watching that sad Giants game that I turned off half way thru third quarter which is a rarity for me....but I think we, me included would have been out of our mind at Fed Ex field booing...anyone remember the Ramsey chants of last year at the stadium when we all wanted Brunell yanked out of there??? I sure do.

Whenever the Skins start playing Campbell, there will be a 2 year period where you will be pretty bad. When the Boys replace Bledsoe, the same thing will happen.

Like it or not, the play of a franchise QB directly relates to success in the NFL nowadays.

I'm sure someone will make the inevitable Roethlisburger analogy as to why you will be great even when Campbell takes over.....

Gibbs has a track record with doing good things from those qbs who handled a clipboard for a couple of seasons...

All we have is the history of three qbs winning three SBs...

How many were rookies QBs and how many of those seasons weren't strike seasons?

Three SB wins with three different qbs. Rypien had three years carrying the clip board. We won't see Campbell until 2007.

As for the strike season remark, well, I guess Philly was playing during those seasons as well...but they didn't get to the SB did they?

Losing really makes you a bitter guy...first time in five years without a shot at the post-season. Who could've seen it coming? Well...me.

Well, since we are comparing both teams and the future, lets really go over what has been said. You said Gibbs has a history of good things with QBs who have handled a clipboard. Are you referring to Ramsey? What great things has JG done with the former first round draft pick? Brunnell? :laugh:

It's funny whenever a discussion about the present day Skins come up, guys like you have to jump into the "Way Back" machine and go back 15-20 years to tell us why you will be good.

What about these last two years? Isn't that a good snap shot of things to come?

Well, since we are comparing both teams and the future, lets really go over what has been said. You said Gibbs has a history of good things with QBs who have handled a clipboard. Are you referring to Ramsey? What great things has JG done with the former first round draft pick? Brunnell? :laugh:

It's funny whenever a discussion about the present day Skins come up, guys like you have to jump into the "Way Back" machine and go back 15-20 years to tell us why you will be good.

I'm not upset with Brunell's play. It's Gibbs football. Safe. The problems with the offense have more to do with the offensive line and injured WRs than anything else.

And Ramsey was never Gibb's guy. Not able to roll out. Tries to force it at times. That was it.

If you're watching the team, you know it's improving, and he doesn't have all the pieces yet. This team is better than last years team.

I agree with you Dockery. The Skins are better than last years team. The only problem I see is how fluid the NFL is year to year and the fact that the Skins might be handcuffed in relation to the cap and the draft this year as well as making the inevitable shaky transition from Brunell to Campbell. I mean, when they do make the change, I think most outside observers expect them to take a step back as 99 percent of teams going to a first year QB do. Gibbs will be in year three next year....can Campbell be ready by 08 to make a real push deep in the playoffs? Lots of questions.

Thankfully, no.

About TO -- I have a sneaking suspicion that he will end up somewhere on a one or two year contract, with a new agent, and he will more or less keep his mouth shut. He'll behave himself for the most part, and be pretty successful. He will have learned his lesson in the form of losing about $45 million... but obviously, too late to do the Eagles any good. So basically, the Eagles get the big green 200-grit shaft. Kinda like Rickie Williams last year for Miami, but with more headaches and ulcers.

Did Gibbs draft Ramsey? Brunell? He did draft Campbell.

The reason for going back 10 years is because Gibbs had been out of football for over 10 years. :doh:

As for these last two years, there is considerable improvement. We're competitive in almost every game we play. We're in need in a couple of spots, but this is night and day over the Norvis/Spurrier eras.

Philly isn't going to have an easy time in the division any more.

I agree with you Dockery. The Skins are better than last years team. The only problem I see is how fluid the NFL is year to year and the fact that the Skins might be handcuffed in relation to the cap and the draft this year as well as making the inevitable shaky transition from Brunell to Campbell. I mean, when they do make the change, I think most outside observers expect them to take a step back as 99 percent of teams going to a first year QB do. Gibbs will be in year three next year....can Campbell be ready by 08 to make a real push deep in the playoffs? Lots of questions.

No more questions than the viablility of the Eagles. The 'transient' plug-and-play philosophy of the Eagles has caught up with them...especially on second-stringers where their ST play has suffered.

Good qb play makes up for a lot of deficiencies...unfortunately for the Eagles, the qb play is no longer enough.

I guess the answer is no.

I don't know how you can even compare the two.

Brunell had played nine games.

Nine.

That's plenty of support for your coach and players.

We the fans gave support, but after even a a few games of last season it was clear he was not physically 100%

But he still started, and still played sub par football.

Brunell needed to be pulled.

McMahon is Reids boy.

He had two starts, then this one vs the Seattle.

And the boos rained down in the first quarter.

Yeah, he sucks, but the only other option was Detmer.

Reid needed to see if the McMahon experiment was going to work.

IMO he still doesn't know.

Yet somehow you see this as support for your team. It's crap.

Who gets the start this week?

McMahon.

Did the boos help him?

No.

Good qb play makes up for a lot of deficiencies...unfortunately for the Eagles, the qb play is no longer enough.

Why isn't it? When the Eagles got good qb play this year, they were 4-2.

Do I have to remind you about the times when the Eagles were winning the NFC East with Torrence Small and Na Brown as the starting receivers?

It all starts and ends with McNabb. If he comes back as McNabb, the Eagles will be very very good.

Archived