Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randy Moss best receiver EVER

clevelanskins28

Many, many people will disagree with me on this, but if he is not the best of all time, he has to be the most talented. Even if you hate him, he makes catches people like Jerry Rice may have never dreamed of just because of his ridiculous atleticism. He may not play long enough to break all of the records, but in my book, he runs, jumps, and catches the ball better then anyone who has played this game. He simply could not be stopped, and when he is healthy, he can not be stopped. Just want to see how other people feel about this, seeing that I have never met one person who agrees with me about Randy Moss. HAIL VICTORY!:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Jerry Rice benefited greatly from a great system.

Great team, Joe Montana throwing the ball to you, then Steve Young.

Not many wide recievers get to say they had 2 Hall of Fame QBs throwing the ball to them their entire career.

Jerry Rice was great but I don't think he'd be hyped up as much as he is and was if he had played for the Seahawks or some other team like that.

Randy's career is fading fast.....with his poor work ethic and his determination to totally believe is athletic ability will get him by will be the reason his career will be a cut short. A stiff wind will cause him to pull a hammy....if he worked out more during the offseason he could probably endure 16+ games a season.....

well, this is certainly random...

btw - Jerry Rice - greatest football PLAYER ever

Jerry Rice = most overrated football player ever

He benifited from the system and having to great quarterbacks throw to him as well as being on a team with many offensive weapons.

best ever? in his prime i would take lynn swan over randy moss anyday

Don't believe the hype about Swan. he was the first to do it, but far from the best. Actually he it is a joke that he is in the hall and Monk is not. His numbers are quite ordinary.

He had a few hi-light catches in the SB... don't confuse that with Randy Moss consistently outjumping double coverage almost every game to bring in the long ball.

And if you need further reinforcing, check stats on Swan. I would post them but I'm too lazy :D.

Jerry Rice benefited greatly from a great system.

Great team, Joe Montana throwing the ball to you, then Steve Young.

Not many wide recievers get to say they had 2 Hall of Fame QBs throwing the ball to them their entire career.

Jerry Rice was great but I don't think he'd be hyped up as much as he is and was if he had played for the Seahawks or some other team like that.

My brother says the exact opposite. He said Montana benefited from Rice, and really wasn't a good quarterback, even though he led his team to 4 superbowls. Rice wasn't bad either. He had great years with the 49ers. Even when he left, he went to the raiders, and coincidentally they also went to the superbowl.How many superbowls did moss play in? I think both were prob. the best at their positions. Montana = clutch quarterback. Rice - go to reciever.

Jerry Rice = most overrated football player ever

He benifited from the system and having to great quarterbacks throw to him as well as being on a team with many offensive weapons.

Yeah, but you're from Canada - you guys thought Gizmo Williams was great :laugh:

I would never call Rice over-rated, but i would say he is probably the luckiest receiver in the history of the NFL in that he had Montana/Young right in a row.

I still think he is the best ever, but I also think you have to temper a lot of those crazy stats that he has with the fact that he never had Brooks Bolinger throwing to him.

Don't believe the hype about Swan. he was the first to do it, but far from the best. Actually he it is a joke that he is in the hall and Monk is not. His numbers are quite ordinary.

He had a few hi-light catches in the SB... don't confuse that with Randy Moss consistently outjumping double coverage almost every game to bring in the long ball.

And if you need further reinforcing, check stats on Swan. I would post them but I'm too lazy :D.

lazy? me too. i dont think that swan was the best. i simply picked him and his abilities to use as the benchmark for what i think is better than randy moss.

it isnt too hard to outjump little D backs when you are so tall and lanky as moss either butr when you put him up against someone around the same height (taylor) he isnt that impressive.

now as far as swan being in the HOF and Art Monk still waiting i couldnt agree more. unfortunately Gibbs teams are real teams and have never been media darlings.

Archived