Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The real reason we won.

akorn22

We played great all around. We forced turnovers and kept the ball in our hands. But the real reason we won is because we wore the white on white!!!. Remember when we started out 3-1 with spurrier? that streak was because of the white on white uniforms. If we wear them the rest of the season we might win out

Yea, the white on white unis are why we won. I think that we are 2-0 with them so far this season. Maybe we will wear them next week.

All the white blinded the Rams players and thus they couldn't hold onto the ball (ie the Fitz fumble)......it's true, I swear :silly:

Hey, I'm superstitious so go with whatever works, even if it's unis.

The D and the run game were fantastic. I'm rather unimpressed with the passing game and that really needs to be fixed. Sure most people are happy we won and I am too but we shouldn't overlook the fact that our passing game is not pretty right now. We didn't need to pass much today, so maybe thats part of it - but we will need to pass in 2 weeks so hopefully it will be working by then.

I was surprised to see the white on white today. I remember the first game of the 2003 season when the first did it, they looked like they were in practice. Gibbs never did it his first go around but everytime they wear that uniform, the Redskins win. They also lost to the Giants at home when wearing white on white back in 2003 and that was the last time they wore that uniform. It was great seeing it again!

Maybe we didn't lose because Royal didn't drop the balls thrown his way this time. But I still wonder how he didn't get cut, and still starting no less. Go figure.

It also boggles my mind trying to figure out why Brunell never threw towards Farris. He was wide open for a score, totally uncovered on one play. Until Brunell starts finding new targets, Moss and Cooley are going to fight through some tight coverage, and I'd sure hate to think we had to rely on Royal.

Archived