Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Torry Holt says Taylor will be a hall of famer

Taylor is obviously the most physical safety in the game right now. Given another season or two he should be undoubtably the best also. However, I've seen Holt take some NASTY shots and not let the ball go. Should be a good match-up since I don't think the Rams have a TE that will be a major factor in the game.

Some of those plays just have to do with being in the right place at the right time, and luck has something to do with it. I'm not taking nothing away from Ed Reed but it just seemed as if everything was going his way last year. This year before his injury (the first 6-7 weeks of the season) he didn't get any of those kind of plays. Not because he was better last year, but because he didn't get the opportunities.

Every receiver who runs deep against the redskins is thinking he has to run sound routes or whatever, Holt is just the first to publicly say it out loud. I don't want to come across as a homer, but ST is the best. Chris Cooley thinks so. I look forward to every Sunday just to see what ST wil do.

True, Holt is not scared trust me, that dude is a gamer..

but even in his youth and short stint in the NFL, Sean Taylor has gained respect by his peers from the plays he's made on the field and his althetic prowess/abilities at the position. Oh and not to mention he BLOWS PEOPLE UP!!

Taylor is obviously the most physical safety in the game right now. Given another season or two he should be undoubtably the best also. However, I've seen Holt take some NASTY shots and not let the ball go. Should be a good match-up since I don't think the Rams have a TE that will be a major factor in the game.
I don't know about the most physical (he's up there but still) but what impresses me are his ball reaction skills. Few CB's can close on a thrown ball like he can, and he's the only guy I know who can compete for a ball in the air with Randy Moss on equal terms.

that was last year buddy. this is 2005! 14-13 at Dallas. Roy Williams "great" coverage on Santana :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :dallasuck

lol yeah man just some good natured ribbing....

i knew that was coming lol........ i expected at least 5 pictures of moss flying by aaron glenn......

kinda wierd how similar those games were.....

Taylor is probably the most complete package at Safety besides Ed Reed. He may not make the MOST hits, or the MOST INTs, but he does both, unlike a lot of highlight reel safeties who have made their reputation from playing ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE, basically as a fourth or fifth Linebacker.

Archived