Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you were the Redskins' GM...

Type-TNA

and you wanted a 1st round pick for this year's draft, how would you go about getting that pick, and who would you draft?

I for one would trade Ramsey to a team in desperate need of a QB (like the Jets or Lions), and draft Vernon Davis, TE from MD. That man's a beast, and Robert Royal is definitely the weakest link on our team...and not to mention how scary our offense could be with Moss, Vernon Davis, Cooley as 3 very good recievers, then portis, patten, and jacobs being the 4,5, and 6th options. Any thoughts?

Trade Chris Samuels...LT are more needed and he has a chance of getting us a high draft pick. Its going to be difficult for teams to give a 1st for Ramsey. We will be lucky to get 2nd or 3rd for him. Arrington may not be an option because of cap ramifications (not that Samuels is that much better) DRAFT DL, if you haven't noticed we need someone that can get to the passer....not another TE option (althought the MD TE is a beast)

Unfortunately no team in the NFL would trade a #1 for Ramsey, we will be lucky to get a #5 in my opinion. I to would love to see us get Davis the mans a beast. We are in desperate need of a good #2 receiver, everyone knows that, I think we will try to address that through free agency though.

We still got a lot of football left lets FOCUS on the season at hand...we will have plenty of time to mull over who we should get between January and the Draft :cheers:

No team would trade a #1 for Ramsey.

If I were the Redskins GM today, I would do nothing crazy for next year. I would start clearing as much cap space and stockpiling as many picks as possible. If we went 6-10 next year, I wouldn't care. We've been alternating between 8-8 and 6-10 for a decade. What's one more year.

If I were Redskins GM, 2007 would be the season that I want 10 wins. Campbell will be in his third year. Moss should still be in his prime. Portis should still be in his prime. Cooley should be entering his prime. I would have had two years to find a complimentary receiver and to find playmakers on defense.

Me and Head Coach Gary Kubiak will be ready to roll.

There is too much of a hangup here about "Getting a first". What you should talk about is identifying players you want, and how to get them. Just getting up there for the sake of getting up there is no way of doing things.

As for Ramsey, he will get what the market will bear. You never know what a team might offer, if it is picks or players. The nice thing is, we are in a position where we don't HAVE to move him if we don't want to. Don't underestimate the value of having an experienced backup who knows your system.

Jason

Well, I wouldn't draft a lineman in the first round...that's just too much money to be paying to a lineman. And if Ramsey doesn't get me a first round, then I'd throw in Walt harris in that deal too. I still say Vernon Davis in the first round, then the best DLs left in the rest of the rounds (whatever rounds they are).

I wouldn't try to trade up, just take the best available DE with our second round pick. We usually get screwed when we trade up, and there is nobody on the team that we can get greater draft value for than they have for us, including Ramsey. Here is a list of all the senior DEs and a couple of the junior DEs that will probably declare for the 2006 draft. JG & company should use their evaluation skill to pick the best one when the time comes.

Nkeruwem Akpan, Hawaii

Charles Bennett, Clemson

Paul Carrington, Central Florida

Ray Edwards, Purdue

Willie Evans, Mississippi St.

Justin Faimealelei, Hawaii

Adam Garday, New Mexico

Tamba Hali, Penn St.

Marcus Johnson, Miami (OH)

Mathias Kiwanuka, Boston College

Mike Kudla, Ohio St.

Ryan LaCasse, Syracuse

Kade Lane, Houston

Garrett McIntyre, Fresno St.

Seth Ream, Ohio U.

Matthew Rice, Penn St.

Jarrod Rich, Miami (OH)

Michael Roberts, Tulane

Moqut Ruffins, Louisiana Tech

Darius Sanders, Oregon

Ray Tago, California

Will Thompson, Georgia

Mario Williams, NCState

James Wyche, Syracuse

Well, I wouldn't draft a lineman in the first round...that's just too much money to be paying to a lineman. And if Ramsey doesn't get me a first round, then I'd throw in Walt harris in that deal too. I still say Vernon Davis in the first round, then the best DLs left in the rest of the rounds (whatever rounds they are).

HAH, if you added Walt Harris to the trade WE would have to give them a draft pick. This is not Madden, fellas and even if it were it still wouldn't happen.

Games are won because of strong lines...our 5-6 record is evidence that proves that point.

yeah, but when you draft someone in the first round you generally have to pay them a ton of money. Look at Chris Samuels...taken in the first round, DEF not worth the money. And I don't think there is any lineman out there who is worth the first round pick this year. And I don't know if any of you guys have watched Vernon Davis play, but he definitely looks as good as some of the top TEs in this leage (i.e. Gates, Gonzoles (sp)). hell, i'd even throw in David Patten in that offer along with ramsey and harris. I guarantee SOME team would take a veteran QB, veteran CB, and a 3 time super bowl champion veteran WR for a first round pick.

I think they'll need Ransey's cap space to get under the cap by 3/1/06 so he'll be cut before trading begins. If you really want a 1st rd pick you can always trade your 3rd in 06 and 1st and 4th in 07 to get one.

There are actually a lot of ways to do that, since there are plenty of players who are expendable, who the hit wouldn't be too high (Bowen, Noble, Harris). There are also some skins that will get their contracts restructured. So, 3M for Ramsey, considering that you probably are going to be very weakened if you release him, isn't so bad.

Jason

yeah, but when you draft someone in the first round you generally have to pay them a ton of money. Look at Chris Samuels...taken in the first round, DEF not worth the money. And I don't think there is any lineman out there who is worth the first round pick this year. And I don't know if any of you guys have watched Vernon Davis play, but he definitely looks as good as some of the top TEs in this leage (i.e. Gates, Gonzoles (sp)). hell, i'd even throw in David Patten in that offer along with ramsey and harris. I guarantee SOME team would take a veteran QB, veteran CB, and a 3 time super bowl champion veteran WR for a first round pick.

Dude, you are wacky...

1. I'm sorry but until Vernon Davis plays in the pros he ain't **** compared to Gates and Gonzo.

2. Offering our scrubs to any team isn't going to merit a 1st rounder. Once again this is not Madden.

The problem is, Davis would be a waste here. Gibbs has never used his TEs that way. They have always been used as small OL who can occasionally catch a ball. So, you want to spend picks on a guy we probably wouldn't use to his full capacity, particularly since we have Cooley?

I agree that he's probably going to be a great player, but this shouldn't be about just collecting great players, but collecting players so that we win.

Jason

if the Redskins trade for a high pick and don't take an impact player at WR or DE it would be a huge mistake.

tight end is just not a need position for the Redskins that high in the draft. Cooley is our pass receiver from the group of H-backs that on most teams are considered tight ends.

what we need to find is a strong run blocker up front to help hold the edge and allow Portis to get better yardage to the outside.

Royal is a so-so blocker and a poor receiver, the worst of both words :mad:

Dude, you are wacky...

1. I'm sorry but until Vernon Davis plays in the pros he ain't **** compared to Gates and Gonzo.

2. Offering our scrubs to any team isn't going to merit a 1st rounder. Once again this is not Madden.

1. Doesn't take a genius to see the catches he makes and the way he (yes literally) throws defenders off of him like they're 5 year old kids.

2. Our scrubs can be another team's needs. You're right, this isn't madden it's extremeidiots.com who want to pay top dollar to a lineman, :doh:. We should use our 2nd round pick on a lineman.

how about DEFENSIVE linemen? :)

I think we need a DE more than we need an OL right now. I think we can find a replacement for Dockery at OG in free agency and at decent cost.

Let's look for a moment at the players on the OL that block for LaDainian Tomlinson. Tell me these are the top 5 run blockers as a group in the NFL, just try :)

Tomlinson makes the players up front look good.

1. Doesn't take a genious to see the catches he makes and the way he (yes literally) throws defenders off of him like they're 5 year old kids.

2. Our scrubs can be another team's needs. You're right, this isn't madden it's extremeidiots.com who want to pay top dollar to a lineman, :doh:. We should use our 2nd round pick on a lineman.

I'm sorry but this guy is a moron.

Archived