Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we get compensatory picks this draft?

Drunken Master III

Among players that count in the formula the Skins lost Smoot at 6M per year and Pierce at 4.5M per year and gained Rabach at 3.1M per and Patten at 2.5M per and possibly Holdman at 540K per. If there were no offset Smoot would be a solid pick at the end of the 3rd rd and Pierce would be on the cusp of a 4th/5th rd pick. Since the additions of Rabach and Patten[and possibly Holdman] greatly offset these loses my guess is they'll get a pick at the end of the 5th rd and maybe one at the end of the 7th. AdamJT13 is the expert on comp picks for all of NFL messageboardom so maybe he'll chime in.

Yeah the Eagles had somewhere around 10 picks and look what happened to them this year...I know those were draft picks and normally can't have immediate impact but a good football team is also judged by its margin of error and there's was pretty low. But I think you try to build up your margin of error through free agency and the draft.

I doubt we'll get any picks. We've pretty much replaced those players we lost in FA.

I'm curious if Casserly gets fired, do we bring him in here to help out Gibbs. I wouldn't be surprised if we go after a GM type and give him a Pres role over Vinny under Gibbs.

I doubt we'll get any picks. We've pretty much replaced those players we lost in FA.

I'm curious if Casserly gets fired, do we bring him in here to help out Gibbs. I wouldn't be surprised if we go after a GM type and give him a Pres role over Vinny under Gibbs.

He's done a whale of a job with the Texans! :doh:

Archived