Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My brother's theory on how we will win the division...

wilbur58z

So I'm talking to my brother on the phone tonight and he says that the Redskins will be in position to not only make the playoffs, but win the freakin division.

In his scenario we will beat the Rams and Cardinals and end up 7-6.

He thinks the Cowboys will beat the Giants this Sunday, putting them at 8-4 and the Giants at 7-5. Then the Cowboys will beat the Chiefs at home and the Giants will beat the Eagles in Philly.

So the Cowboys would be 9-4 heading into their game with us.

The Giants would be 8-5.

He thinks we will beat Dallas and go to 8-6, dropping Dallas to 9-5. The Giants would also win that weekend, beating KC at home and upping their record to 9-5.

Here's where it get's interesting: he then thinks we'll beat the Giants at home and the Cowboys will lose to the Panthers.

So all three teams would be 9-6 heading into the final week of the season.

The only thing would be that we'd in control of our own destiny because if we beat Philly in the final week of the season, we'd automatically win the division, no matter what the Giants or Cowboys would do that week because we'd have the best divisional record of the three and would win out if all three teams finished 10-6:

Redskins 5-1

Cowboys 4-2

Giants 3-3

So he is basically saying that Kansas City will lose both those games to the Giants and the Cowboys, the scenario seems nice, but I really dont see that happening, I believe that the Chiefs will win one of those games.

I don't think KC will lose both of those either, however, even if they DONT that can only help us. So basically he's saying we have a shot even if KC were to lose both those games. If KC wins both of those games (Which i think likely) we could clinch in week 16 with a win over the Giants and the Panthers beating Dallas. So really we need to win 4 games in a row. The scenario is a good one though because it shows we can win the division even if Dallas and NY beats KC, which will be tough to do.

So he is basically saying that Kansas City will lose both those games to the Giants and the Cowboys, the scenario seems nice, but I really dont see that happening, I believe that the Chiefs will win one of those games.

Well if KC wins it will only help us. His point was that even if our division opponents win those games, we'd still be in the driver's seat if we just won our games. But he felt like KC might not win either game because both were @DAL and @NY.

Yeah he's a homer.

But if we win out, the Cowboys and/or Giants must get to 11-5 somehow to beat us.

But IF we win out, both the Giants and Cowboys will have 5 losses since we would have beaten both of them.

Plus one of them would have another loss because they play each other this weekend.

So one of them would have 6 losses at least, automatically knocking one of them out if we reach 10-6.

The other would have to lose another game, which, in his scenario, would be the Cowboys to the Panthers.

Even if the Giants and not the Cowboys won this weekend, the Chiefs or somebody could beat them.

So that's *one* game that we'd be "relying" on happening.

That's not bad odds.

The hard part wouldn't be relying on one of them to lose a game, but us winning the rest of the way out.

I personally don't see it happening... I see us getting to 7-6....but winning three straight division games would be extremely out of the ordinary for this team.

Bingo. KC right now is one of the hottest teams in the NFL and their offense is too much for the Giants D and the Dallas D. Their defense is not bad either, being about to put pressure on the QB (look what they did to Brady and to us for that matter). All in all their rush will kill Drew and Manning will get confused. count on it.

If the Giants were to win this weekend, then Dallas would not have to lose to Carolina.

Instead someone would have to beat the Giants once to get them to 6 losses...maybe it would be KC. Who knows.

It doesn't really matter to the Redskins because they basically would still have to beat all three division teams in order to get that tiebreaker or finish with a better record.

I don't think KC will lose both of those either, however, even if they DONT that can only help us. So basically he's saying we have a shot even if KC were to lose both those games. If KC wins both of those games (Which i think likely) we could clinch in week 16 with a win over the Giants and the Panthers beating Dallas. So really we need to win 4 games in a row. The scenario is a good one though because it shows we can win the division even if Dallas and NY beats KC, which will be tough to do.

that is another situation that we haven't talked about. If we win the next 4 and KC beats both Dallas and giants and the Dallas beats giants this week and then lose to the Panthers we are the Divisional winner even if we lose to Philly....at 9-7 Wow.

one more post on this subject. Man if we won that TB game (very questionable call on Allstot being in, matter of inches) and Casey didn't have a brain fart with that penalty and won the SD game right now I would say we were money for the divsion title. Man that sucks. The difference between playoffs and sitting at home comes down to a couple of inches, and a stupid penalty.

Editing the original post:

He thinks the Cowboys will beat the Giants this Sunday, putting them at 8-4 and the Giants at 7-5.

Then the Cowboys will loose to the Chiefs at home and the Giants will beat the Eagles in Philly.

So the Cowboys would be 8-5 heading into their game with us.

The Giants would be 8-5.

We will lose to Dallas and go to 7-7, making Dallas 9-5.

The Giants would loose to KC at home and their record to 8-6.

Here's where it get's interesting:

We'll beat the Giants at home and the Cowboys will lose to the Panthers.

So: Giants 8-7

So: Dallas 9-6

So: Redskins 8-7

if we beat Philly in the final week of the season, Redskins 9-7

Rams at Cowboys: Cowboys 10-6

Giants at Oakland: Giants 9-7

-----------------------------

That would be more likely.....

then we have to hope that Tampa bay plays horrible against

Sun. Dec. 04 at New Orleans 1:00 PM FOX

Sun. Jan. 01 NEW ORLEANS 1:00 PM FOX

because those 2 alone and we are tied: They win?

then we have to hope that Atlanta: 9-7

Atlanta at Carolina loses Carolina wins division

New Orleans at Atlanta wins

Atlanta at Chicago loses chicago wins division

Atlanta at Tampa Bay wins

Carolina at Atlanta loses Carolina wins division

But then Tampa Bay has 10-6

and if Atlanta wins they have 10-6

So yes: its a win them all or go home scenario.....

Reading that post made me feel good for a moment, and reminded me that if I'm crazy to still have hope, at least I'm not alone.

Thanks for the company.

My hope will start with a win against the Rams. We need a win to make us feel good again. Then another against Arizona. Then going into the 3 divisional games I want us to have Griffin and Salavea back healthy and also Betts. If that happens I just don't see why we can't beat the Giants and turds. Everything will be on the line and honestly I think after playing the way we played SD we have the talent to win out.

Editing the original post:

He thinks the Cowboys will beat the Giants this Sunday, putting them at 8-4 and the Giants at 7-5.

Then the Cowboys will loose to the Chiefs at home and the Giants will beat the Eagles in Philly.

So the Cowboys would be 8-5 heading into their game with us.

The Giants would be 8-5.

We will lose to Dallas and go to 7-7, making Dallas 9-5.

The Giants would loose to KC at home and their record to 8-6.

Here's where it get's interesting:

We'll beat the Giants at home and the Cowboys will lose to the Panthers.

So: Giants 8-7

So: Dallas 9-6

So: Redskins 8-7

if we beat Philly in the final week of the season, Redskins 9-7

Rams at Cowboys: Cowboys 10-6

Giants at Oakland: Giants 9-7

-----------------------------

That would be more likely.....

then we have to hope that Tampa bay plays horrible against

Sun. Dec. 04 at New Orleans 1:00 PM FOX

Sun. Jan. 01 NEW ORLEANS 1:00 PM FOX

because those 2 alone and we are tied: They win?

then we have to hope that Atlanta: 9-7

Atlanta at Carolina loses Carolina wins division

New Orleans at Atlanta wins

Atlanta at Chicago loses chicago wins division

Atlanta at Tampa Bay wins

Carolina at Atlanta loses Carolina wins division

But then Tampa Bay has 10-6

and if Atlanta wins they have 10-6

So yes: its a win them all or go home scenario.....

If we beat Rams and Arizona then Dallas and Giants are must wins because even with a lose in Philly we would have a fair chance of a division title. I still believe KC matches much better against Dallas and Giants than the donkeys. Dallas and Giants have a good run Defense but they are in trouble with their secondary and KC will eat them alive. Don't forget that KC also is in a bit of trouble needing as many wins as possible to make the playoffs (maybe they also have to win out) so they have huge incentive to do so. Carolina is playing "funny" also so don't be suprized if the game against Dallas is a must win. Also who is to say the Giants beating the Eagles is a forgone conclusion. the Eagles are still in it as we are so they have plenty to play for especially if they win this week. The more I think about it the more it is possible after winning the next two for the skins to be in as good as if not better position as the Cowboys and Giants.

I LOVE these scenarios.

However, it makes me a little nervous to ponder us winning three divisional games in a row. That would be quite a feat. I actually think that Dallas game may undo us. The NY game will see our team come out with a fire. We will have something to prove, on BOTH sides of the ball. That should be fun to watch. But the Dallas game may be a letdown or trap game. In my opinion, if we win the next three, that Dallas game will tell us a lot about Coach and whether or not he still "has it".

Here we go again! Hoping for other teams to lose and for us to go undefeated at the end of the season! :doh: We aren't a playoff team....I have tried to be optimistic as much as the next fan but from now on I going to take the blinders off and keep it real. We were undefeated at home for the whole season and look what we do....we lose two critical games at home when are season was on the line. What makes it even worst is that we gave both those game away on silver platter! Before we worry about scenerios and theories we have to actually win a game first!

We just need to take it one game at a time.

The rest of the games will work out.

The team needs to take it one game at a time, but WE can take it 16 games at a time if we want. Thats what fans do. So unless your suiting up for the Skins this week, don't put a damper on fans optimism for future games.

Archived