Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is gibbs being hypocritical?

akorn22

I haven't seen any stats saying that any of our QB's are great. As far as Ramsey sucking this year. He played 1 half of football against the best defense the NFL has seen in years. IMO Ramseys start at the begining of the year was just a sham, Brunell was going to get the job as soon as PR messed up.

No, I don't. I'm just saying that if Gibbs said "He will not tolerate turnovers"(which is actually something I never heard. I'm just trusting the thread starter.), then he's being hypocritical by still starting brunell.

don't trust it, Mr. N., it never happened. if it did, i'd need as link before i'd buy it. gibbs makes it clear he despises turnovers, but he never said that quote, it's not even how he talks :rolleyes:. and it's not even a matter of actual hypocrisy, it's a matter of trade-offs in value judgments and player history, contribution-wise.

in gibbs' (and most anybody's if you just think about it, though gibbs is a little extra adamant) view, it's obviously a case of if you haven't shown him much he likes, he doesn't cut you much slack. if you don't have a history he appreciates, you don't get much leeway. you can disagree with how he decides which way those scales tip with different people, but it's just differences in judgement, not some baseline hypocrisy.

if you haven't done a lot for the cause in his view, and turn the ball over too much, or at a really bad time, you're at genuine risk. if you regularly please him with your play and production, but have some turnover problems, more slack is cut to a dergree that varies with the context. nothing unusual about that.

Archived