Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins cheated by the refs again...

TheUTaylor

Too bad the majority of Redskins games this year came down to expecting the refs to make the correct call and coin flips.

It's oh so encouraging. The Redskins could seriously be 10-1 right now if calls and coin flips had gone differently. The 2001 Bears and Patriots and the 2003 Cowboys had that kind of luck. The 2005 Redskins don't. End of story really.

Too bad the majority of Redskins games this year came down to expecting the refs to make the correct call and coin flips.

It's oh so encouraging. The Redskins could seriously be 10-1 right now if calls and coin flips had gone differently. The 2001 Bears and Patriots and the 2003 Cowboys had that kind of luck. The 2005 Redskins don't. End of story really.

It's a joke to even say this kind of stuff. You play clsoe games, you'll lose some, and win some.

And as a Cowboys fan, I will say, that 10-6 team was all smoke and mirrors. It had no bight. Without that fortunate turn of events on MNF against the NYG, that season never goes the way it did.

The team is just farther away than some of you expected. The D-Tackle rotation is pretty solid, you have good LB's, half your secondary is excellent. There are some very positive things about this team, but if you look at it objectivly, they just aren't one of the top 6 teams in teh NFC yet.

Surrendering big plays? Dropped passes? Turnovers? Lack of takeaways?

Until we show that we can play at the highest level, nothing can be blamed on the referees. The only exception is in extreme cases, like the Monday Night Football game against Dallas last year.

Well, I'm sorry, but three penalties on the Skins during the Chargers' drive for the tying score...well, it was almost too much for me to take.

The refs gave them that score...they ensured that drive would not fail...three calls in three plays...we rarely get breaks on calls...

My brother, who's a pukes fan (I think he's adopted), sees the bias by the refs against the Skins'...

We really aren't making this up.

Fair/Unfair is only an issue for the loser. The fact is: The Redskins aren't as good as we would like them to be. Three and out all day long. One first down in the entire fourth quarter. This team sucks.

As far as game plans go, why would you try to run the ball down the throat of the #1 run defense in the league?

It would seem that some of you don't watch a lot of Football. The Refs don't cheat the Redskins! They cheat the Fans. This is a league wide problem where the refs make potential game changing mistakes in well over half the games played. It's a shame so many ignore this or cover it up. :2cents:

Well, I'm sorry, but three penalties on the Skins during the Chargers' drive for the tying score...well, it was almost too much for me to take.

The refs gave them that score...they ensured that drive would not fail...three calls in three plays...we rarely get breaks on calls...

My brother, who's a pukes fan (I think he's adopted), sees the bias by the refs against the Skins'...

Yeah it is crystal clear, there is a bias by the refs against. It is clear they had a agenga Sunday. That was an interception by Rogers and the ref ruled it was incomplete, and he was behind the play, how come no other ref came by to converse on it to see if it was the right call. That cost us 3 point, which cost us the game, but Gibbs should have challenged it. As for the holding, on the game winning touchdown, Sean Taylor was held by right guard Goff. He had Taylor in a bear hug, if he doesn't hold Taylor, LT gets stopped behind the line, thats why that hole was that big. Taylor read the play, and he was held, he was going to blow it up. The refs didn't make the call, because they didn't want to make the call. We get screwed by the refs every week. The league needs to do something about this.

It would seem that some of you don't watch a lot of Football. The Refs don't cheat the Redskins! They cheat the Fans. This is a league wide problem where the refs make potential game changing mistakes in well over half the games played. It's a shame so many ignore this or cover it up. :2cents:

Well win the refs cheat the fans, they are also cheating the teams, because of their bad calls it cost us the game. What I ask for is consistency with the calls. The refs need to call it both ways, and not so one sided.

Yeah it is crystal clear, there is a bias by the refs against. It is clear they had a agenga Sunday. That was an interception by Rogers and the ref ruled it was incomplete, and he was behind the play, how come no other ref came by to converse on it to see if it was the right call. That cost us 3 point, which cost us the game, but Gibbs should have challenged it. As for the holding, on the game winning touchdown, Sean Taylor was held by right guard Goff. He had Taylor in a bear hug, if he doesn't hold Taylor, LT gets stopped behind the line, thats why that hole was that big. Taylor read the play, and he was held, he was going to blow it up. The refs didn't make the call, because they didn't want to make the call. We get screwed by the refs every week. The league needs to do something about this.

As a skins fan -- I have to say we sound like a buncha CHUMPS! If the skins EXECUTE the little things correctly they wont have to worry about the refs making bad calls. The games they've lost have had some bad calls yes..but they've also had Redskin BONEHEAD plays/mistakes that cost them either

a) a crucial 1st down

B) a crucial defensive stop

c) points

d) all of the above

Rogers did not maintain possession when he hit the ground and that is why it was incomplete. Which IS the correct call.

Good teams execute the little things correctly, bad teams dont. Good teams find ways to win close games, bad teams find ways to lose them. While I dont think the skins are a "bad" team, they are VERY UNDISCIPLINED and continue to beat themselves.

And Rob Royal couldnt hold onto a pass if it had a handle on it. If you take care of yourself and minimize your OWN MISTAKES, the refs arent a factor. I dont buy into the whole "if the refs dont cheat us we win the game" idea. A Chargers fan would respond, "well if Kaeding doesnt miss those makeable fg's then we win the game easily." It's all a part of football.. the only thing you can control is YOUR OWN TEAMS ACTIONS.-- and that must be done through each individual doing what he is supposed to.

As a skins fan -- I have to say we sound like a buncha CHUMPS! If the skins EXECUTE the little things correctly they wont have to worry about the refs making bad calls. The games they've lost have had some bad calls yes..but they've also had Redskin BONEHEAD plays/mistakes that cost them either

a) a crucial 1st down

B) a crucial defensive stop

c) points

d) all of the above

Rogers did not maintain possession when he hit the ground and that is why it was incomplete. Which IS the correct call.

Good teams execute the little things correctly, bad teams dont. Good teams find ways to win close games, bad teams find ways to lose them. While I dont think the skins are a "bad" team, they are VERY UNDISCIPLINED and continue to beat themselves.

And Rob Royal couldnt hold onto a pass if it had a handle on it. If you take care of yourself and minimize your OWN MISTAKES, the refs arent a factor. I dont buy into the whole "if the refs dont cheat us we win the game" idea. A Chargers fan would respond, "well if Kaeding doesnt miss those makeable fg's then we win the game easily." It's all a part of football.. the only thing you can control is YOUR OWN TEAMS ACTIONS.-- and that must be done through each individual doing what he is supposed to.

He did maintain possession. He had caught the ball had it against his body, fell on his elbow, and the ball came out. The ground can't cause a fumble or an incompeltion, and when he hits the ground the play is dead, that was an interception. Hell it was so obvious because Randy Cross was calling the game and he even admited that Rogers did intercept the ball, and they we should have challenged. Hell San Diego knew it would have been reversed if it was challenged, thats why they ran the field goal team out on the field as soon as the play ended. That was probably the fasted field goal excuted in the history of the NFL, but Gibbs blew it. He should have called timeout to stop the field goal, and then throw his flag out on the field to make the challenge.

I agree the refs seem to look the other way a few times, when the chargers could have been flagged.....

but that didn't cause the Skins dropping passes, and failing to make any drive in the 4th quarter.

Archived