Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis lays the smackdown on NFL Network analyts

Parlett316

wrong. You don't bring a man's sexuality or manhood into it.

How can I be wrong when it's MY opinion? I admit that questioning his sexuality is pretty pathetic, and to be honest, I don't understand why they weren't fired for it. But, that doesn't mean he had to stoop to their level. He could've invited them to the lockerroom just like he did with B. Mitch.

can't stand Raiders or ex-Raiders, never could. glad to see somebody called some of these guys from a so-called 'win first' organization on the carpet. The Raiders haven't won anything since 1984 and yet the 'myth' of Al Davis has lived on despite all the mistakes and failed trades/draft picks/free agent signings.

I don't know, I guess I'm in the minority, but that's a little much. You don't bring other people's wives into it. I know he's a joker and all, but that's not going to bring any love his way.

And they should not have questioned his manhood period. When you open the door, you should not be surprised by what's inside the room.

His weekly routine is not designed to be insultful, disrespectful, or negative in anyway. Yet, they saw a need to insult him on the air for having fun with the media. Personal attacks like that open you up to personal attacks.

The gloves come off when you challenge someone's manhood. They hit him, he hit them harder.

I hear what you're saying, but they started it didn't they?

They called into question his sexuality with the cartwheels and the costumes.

As far as I'm concerned, Clinton is just shoving back in their faces.

Got to agree with that. Lincoln Kennedy & Rod Woodson shouldn't pull any punches on Portis if they don't want any. They are more doofus than Terrell Owens jawing to reporters about Garcia, they did it broadcasting in a studio to the nation.

It was beyond shoving it back in their faces. At that point a statement was required to put the questioning to shame. Hey if you want more manhood you'll get it.

How can I be wrong when it's MY opinion? I admit that questioning his sexuality is pretty pathetic, and to be honest, I don't understand why they weren't fired for it. But, that doesn't mean he had to stoop to their level. He could've invited them to the lockerroom just like he did with B. Mitch.

I see where your coming from, but I think they left themselves open as fair game when they brought sexuality into it, Clinton didn't question their, he simply reaffirmed his, and to let them know he knew who brought it up, he used their wives.

All Portis did is show how unprofessional he is.

If I wanted a clown at RB, I would pay Bozo to run it.

It is not a coincidence that some of the game's best of all time took it seriously and did not play dress up for the press every week.

Imagine Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders acting like a moron every week.

Utterly disgraceful.

The costumes are fine. He just likes having fun, and wants to spice up what would be a boring press conference. There's nothing wrong with that.

I don't think he should have mentioned wives though. I know they said stuff like he might be a little queer, but that doesn't equal bringing in the wives. I just think that's a whole different level. He could have dismissed their comments in some other way that didn't bring in other people.

Man, I love CP. I wish we can get a highlight reel with all his best blocks and blitz pick-ups. I want so bad for the guy to have crazy amounts of yards and TDs because he's become such a great pro and I know he's working his tail off.

The costumes are fine. He just likes having fun, and wants to spice up what would be a boring press conference. There's nothing wrong with that.

I don't think he should have mentioned wives though. I know they said stuff like he might be a little queer, but that doesn't equal bringing in the wives. I just think that's a whole different level. He could have dismissed their comments in some other way that didn't bring in other people.

Man, I love CP. I wish we can get a highlight reel with all his best blocks and blitz pick-ups. I want so bad for the guy to have crazy amounts of yards and TDs because he's become such a great pro and I know he's working his tail off.

That was a pretty ignorant retort, and it shows more than a little sensitivity on his part.

If he were truly clowning around, why on earth should he care what Rod Woodson and Lincoln Kennedy have to say unless there was some truth to it?

I just don't like the fact that he is drawing attention to himself. It was better back in the old days when Riggins would just fall over drunk. That I could respect. This is a joke.

It is not a coincidence that some of the game's best of all time took it seriously and did not play dress up for the press every week.

Imagine Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders acting like a moron every week.

Utterly disgraceful.

Yeah well your picture of Pennywise is disgraceful. And, you aren't very open to different types of personalities. The guy is just having fun, and he likes to make people happy. What's wrong with that? Lightin' up Pennywise. After all, your a clown.

Signed,

Bozo

Utterly disgraceful.

Your opininon is utterly pathetic and weak.

You have no idea in any way shape or form what Clinton's mindset is like on Sunday. And ****, if Clinton was a clown like you inaccurately allege, he's made it farther in one of the toughest sports there is than any 'clown' I can recall.

Unprofessional is what the paid former NFL players said. That is unprofessional, they know what it's like, being former players, to have to deal with bad press.. yet that did not stop them from questioning a top NFL back's manhood. They are the ones with no class.

Sorry, maybe your down with somebody calling you a queer and then keeping mum about it when the press asks you why you dress the way you do, but CP isn't like that, when the press asked them, he told them why he dressed up on Thursdays, and gave them an honest answer, he told them who it was he was targeting, and who it was he wasn't targeting.

I'll take Gibbs' word over yours in my sleep, and he thinks the world over Clinton, so you and Woodson can get over it...

That was a pretty ignorant retort, and it shows more than a little sensitivity on his part.

If he were truly clowning around, why on earth should he care what Rod Woodson and Lincoln Kennedy have to say unless there was some truth to it?

I just don't like the fact that he is drawing attention to himself. It was better back in the old days when Riggins would just fall over drunk. That I could respect. This is a joke.

You again just used the word ignorant in your post, and I have to agree, there was ignorance in your post.

CP was and is just clowning around.

Were the analysts who have now repeatedly taken the time off their show to feature CP's off the field funny video sessions goofing around? No, they edited their comments into the show and made it a part of something that was nationally aired.

You don't question a man's sexuality, and your so bias it's ****ing ridiculous, I swear you are probably Rod Woodson. You give the analysts all the slack for talking about whether a leader on the Redskin team whose site you are on 'supporting' is a homosexual and come down on CP, when any real knowledgable Redskin fan on this board can and will tell you he's just joking around, and it has only taken a life of it's own on, because it's helped make alot of people in this world laugh.

I swear, you probably had a traumatic experience with a clown when you were little.

Riggons falling over drunk? Thats ok?

Get drunk, and that doesn't tell you the mindset of Riggons maybe not always being serious?

But make people laugh on Thursday and the guy is a selfish ****?

Get real.

People need to recognize that there are people in this world who can appreciate laughter, something Religion says is good for the soul, and science says is good for the body. Has anybody ever questioned CP's attitude on game day? Has anybody ever questioned CP's heart? His desire to play hard when he doesn't get the ball? His dedication in the offseason? His respect for the orgnization? His willingness to praise his team, even when they might have not always deserved praise? He is a team player, why? because Joe Gibbs said so, thats why. And if Joe Gibbs said it, then so it shall be. And if Joe Gibbs' word isn't good enough for people on this site, then they should get the hell off it, because Joe Gibbs is the living EMBODIMENT of EVERYTHING Redskins football is about, and should be about, and that is why if Gibbs lets it fly, and supports CP, EVERY Redskin fan should do the same.

Signed,

Bozo the Badass Back

What did Woodson and Kennedy say to question Cliton's sexuality? I remember after the San Francisco game Woodson likened Portis' life of cartwheels and costumes to the life of his young daughter. Did Woodson and Kennedy say something else? That question needs to be answered before we begin hating on Woodson and Kennedy.

Utterly disgraceful.

Do you want everyone to be a robot?

Should there be some "Stepford" device that makes great runningbacks all have the same personality?

Besides, what's more unprofessional, a 23 or 24 year old having some fun with the media or 38 to 40 year old has been player(s) who don't "get it" and instead of acting like broadcasters, they become juvenile and poke fun at a man's sexuality.....on air no less?

Seems to me, Rod Woodson and Lincoln Kennedy are the ones who should be ashamed of their unprofessional behavior.

What was ignorant about Mr. DEskinsFan's post?

:laugh: Using that logic, aren't you being sensitive & why do you care what we think, just be professional & don't draw attention to your self.

:doh: Because they are being paid money as broadcasters in a studio. And are using a nationally televised show as a pulpit to do it. And that adds more authority to what is said than if they were just going off at the mouth with a reporter forcing a mike in their face. Can you imagine if Terrell Owens had made his Garcia comments as a broadcaster from the pulpit of his own show? They should be fired. They got off easy.

What was ignorant about Mr. DEskinsFan's post?

:laugh: Using that logic, aren't you being sensitive & why do you care what we think, just be professional & don't draw attention to your self.

:doh: Because they are being paid money as broadcasters in a studio. And are using a nationally televised show as a pulpit to do it. And that adds more authority to what is said than if they were just going off at the mouth with a reporter forcing a mike in their face. Can you imagine if Terrell Owens had made his Garcia comments as a broadcaster from the pulpit of his own show? They should be fired. They got off easy.

What did Woodson and Kennedy say?

Archived