Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we drop the next 2 games...

mistere

Guest sith lord
Does Gibbs go to Campbell to finish out the season and get him some quality experience to be ready to start for us next season?

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

He should.

I'll say this.

Will he? Possibly.

To replace Brunell as a starter? Not so fast...lol

My guess is IF that scenario came up, he would put in Campbell to see how he does, as well as to give Brunell time to really heal up. Brunell is one of the few QB's in the league that hasn't had a big injury or missed any time this season, so I am sure it's wearing on him. Even if they started Campbell, I wouldn't automatically assume he will start over Brunell next season.

If we lose the next two then you have to put Campbell in the game.

Let me repeat... you HAVE to put Campbell in the game.

First of all we will be out of the playoff hunt so we lose nothing. Second, we can gain some insight on what we've got which will help us in the decisions that we will have to make this offseason regarding the QB position.

Third, he will have the opportunity to make rookie mistakes and learn from them and again it really does not hurt us.

If we lose the next two I hope they put Ramsey in there to drive up a little trade value. THere is a big misconception that a kid needs to start right away to get used to the NFL. He doesn't. He can take his time and watch the game, get comfortable with it before they throw him to the wolves. I sincerely hope that they don't put campbell in if we lose the next two cause it will accomplish nothing but giving you naysayers some satisfaction.

If we lose the next two I hope they put Ramsey in there to drive up a little trade value. THere is a big misconception that a kid needs to start right away to get used to the NFL. He doesn't. He can take his time and watch the game, get comfortable with it before they throw him to the wolves. I sincerely hope that they don't put campbell in if we lose the next two cause it will accomplish nothing but giving you naysayers some satisfaction.

I agree, if Ramsey is on the trading block let him showcase a little so we can get something for him. There will be plenty of time for Campbell to learn and get in game experience later down the road.

No, I disagree. No sense in killing any limited amount of confidence he has. Third string QB's don't get ANY reps with the starting O. It'd be like putting a bulls eye on his chest. Maybe let him play a little in the second half of the last few games assuming we're out of the playoff hunt (and that's a HUGE ass-umption). But he shouldn't start a game until he has some reps with the starters. After all, if Brunell's health declines in any way, we don't need him starting next year with hauntings from his first season in the NFL.

Archived