Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cnn Marks Cheney: 'x' Over Vp's Face During Live Speech

Thiebear

Well, the truth is coming out about this whole overblown affair. Turns out the "X" was visible for a whole 2 frames or 1/15th of a second.

It amazing that it only takes 1/15th of a second for people to start up their whole "liberal media" talking points! Just another made up "liberal conspiracy" by the tin-foil hat wearers on the right, shouting "liberal bias" whenever they can.

underneath5.jpg

underneath4.0.jpg

The X is a marker frame for the TD to synchronize the transitions matte and fill signals which are stored on separate players. It is supposed to cue the player (probably a ddr or hard drive) to after the sync points (the X's). But alas, the controller gets confused and cues it to the beginning marker frame. No conspiracy, just an akward and embarrassing moment for the technical staff.

Poor, persecuted Republicans. Looks like they'll have to look elsewhere to find examples of the liberal media...

Your refusal to acknowldge CNNs bias is as maddening to half the country as others refusal to admit Fox's bias is to you. It's legitimate ONLY to those on the left.

Half the country thinks CNN is biased? I hear 72% of all statistics are pulled out of people's butts, with no facts to back them up.

Actual study here...

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Iraq/IraqMedia_Oct03/IraqMedia_Oct03_rpt.pdf

Link for these quotes here...

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/714.html

The extent of Americans' misperceptions vary significantly depending on their source of news. Those who receive most of their news from Fox News are more likely than average to have misperceptions. Those who receive most of their news from NPR or PBS are less likely to have misperceptions. These variations cannot simply be explained as a result of differences in the demographic characteristics of each audience, because these variations can also be found when comparing the demographic subgroups of each audience."

Almost shocking was the extent to which Fox News viewers were mistaken. Those who relied on the conservative network for news, PIPA reported, were "three times more likely than the next nearest network to hold all three misperceptions. In the audience for NPR/PBS, however, there was an overwhelming majority who did not have any of the three misperceptions, and hardly any had all three."

Whether the sources are biased or not, it appears that NPR/PBS at least gets their facts correct.

In other words, Fox News viewers are literally less informed about these basic facts. They have, put simply, been led to believe things that are simply not true. These poor dupes would have done better in this survey, statistically speaking, if they received no news at all and simply guessed whether the claims were accurate.

And, in addition to a fun bash-Fox-athon, I wanted to add that the PIPA study also documented that those who relied on newspapers as their primary news source were better informed than those who watched any of the television news broadcasts. The only folks more informed than newspaper readers were NPR listeners.

It seems to me that after people hear about studies like these, they have then KNOWingly become KoolAid drinkers.

Well, the truth is coming out about this whole overblown affair. Turns out the "X" was visible for a whole 2 frames or 1/15th of a second.

It amazing that it only takes 1/15th of a second for people to start up their whole "liberal media" talking points! Just another made up "liberal conspiracy" by the tin-foil hat wearers on the right, shouting "liberal bias" whenever they can.

underneath5.jpg

underneath4.0.jpg

The X is a marker frame for the TD to synchronize the transitions matte and fill signals which are stored on separate players. It is supposed to cue the player (probably a ddr or hard drive) to after the sync points (the X's). But alas, the controller gets confused and cues it to the beginning marker frame. No conspiracy, just an akward and embarrassing moment for the technical staff.

Poor, persecuted Republicans. Looks like they'll have to look elsewhere to find examples of the liberal media...

No one on the rightwing blog circuit is going to bother reading this. They have already filed this away in the back of their mind as more "proof" of the liberal slanted media, and that is that - on to the next thing.

No one on the rightwing blog circuit is going to bother reading this. They have already filed this away in the back of their mind as more "proof" of the liberal slanted media, and that is that - on to the next thing.

I think the right-wing nuts have already moved on to watching the nightly news, counting the number of times the anchor blinks and then trying to convert it to morse code, with hidden "liberal agenda" messages contained therein.

Here is what I don't understand about the liberals in this thread (and the usual liberal tailgate crowd): You are trying everything to deflect the issue of CNN putting a big black X over Cheney. "It looks photoshopped" -- No. If it were a photoshop, CNN wouldn't be apologizing for it and it would have never been seen on tv. "You can't trust Drudge" -- Drudge can't lie about what was on CNN and get away with it. Somebody, somewhere had CNN on Tivo and has that screen saved. Why attack the source?

This whole "X" was obviously just a mistake by some CNN computer guy. I am 99% sure that no ill intent was meant. I believe one of the right-wing apologists, Kilmer, said this at the beginning of the thread. Still, the liberals on the board can't let it go and turn it into a debate on Drudge/Newsmax/Fox.

/didn't vote for bush or kerry

You've proven my point chom, Thanks.

Hardball is conservative???

Did you read what I wrote? I said they LEAN right, not they are a conservaitve station. They are slightly right of center. Look at Hardball, and their guests as an example. They will take somebody with a strong conservative POV, and a centrist, they do this all the time. Same with Scarborough, he is slightly right of center. Watch their election coverage, they'll have Ronald Reagan as the liberal :doh: Seriously, watch the shows, listen to the points, and where they are talking from.

Bwahahahahahahaha.

:doh: So much for a serious discussion. ..

Your refusal to acknowldge CNNs bias is as maddening to half the country as others refusal to admit Fox's bias is to you. It's legitimate ONLY to those on the left.

CNN it is nowhere NEAR Fox News, and I said they lean left. They are pretty much a centrist outfit. Just because they don't worship Bush does not make them liberal, it makes them objective, a big difference you completely overlook.

:laugh:..... Hardball Conservative? Matthews nearly drools at the chance to dis the Bush Administration..... and throws "softballs" to the libs. Did you see his interview with Kerry recently? Hell... he acted like they were old college buddies and sat side by side in the Vietnam gunships. :doh:

Archived