Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cnn Marks Cheney: 'x' Over Vp's Face During Live Speech

Thiebear

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX MON NOV 21, 2005 21:25:35 ET XXXXX

CNN MARKS CHENEY: NETWORK FLASHES 'X' OVER VP'S FACE DURING LIVE SPEECH

**Exclusive**

At 11:04:45 AM ET Monday CNN was airing Vice President Dick Cheney's speech live from the American Enterprise Institute in Washington -- when a large black 'X' repeatedly flashed over the vice president's face!

The 'X' over Cheney's face appeared each time less than a second, creating an odd subliminal effect.

As this DRUDGE REPORT screen capture reveals, while one 'X' flashed over Cheney's face CNN ran a headline at the bottom of its screen: "CHENEY: I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS WRONG TO CRITICIZE."

One top White House source expressed concern about what was aired over CNN.

"Is someone in Atlanta trying to tell us something?"

A CNN spokesman did not return repeated calls late Monday night.

Developing...

------------------------------------------------

Apparently they also flashed a white X over his face also..

Their asking who had the graphics and when/where were they used before to make the readily available.

Posting anything from the drudge report is almost like posting something from the Weekly World News.

I realize that many hate-filled neocons faithfully browse that site in hopes that there will be some juicy nugget of "information" that will feed their insatiable appetite for "evidence" that liberals are the cause of everything bad in the world, but much of what is on that site simply isn't true, accurate, or relevant. It's right wing propaganda, pure and simple, and posting anything from it in this forum ruins your credibility.

Posting anything from the drudge report is almost like posting something from the Weekly World News.

I realize that many hate-filled neocons faithfully browse that site in hopes that there will be some juicy nugget of "information" that will feed their insatiable appetite for "evidence" that liberals are the cause of everything bad in the world, but much of what is on that site simply isn't true, accurate, or relevant. It's right wing propaganda, pure and simple, and posting anything from it in this forum ruins your credibility.

We have essentially gotten to the point in our country that half of us refuses to believe what they see on 1/2 of the media outlets, and the other half refuses to believe what they see on the other 1/2.

I feel the same way about CNN/CBS/NYTimes as you feel about Drudge/Newsmax/Fox.

Those are pure Liberal propoganda machines. Nothing more anymore.

We have essentially gotten to the point in our country that half of us refuses to believe what they see on 1/2 of the media outlets, and the other half refuses to believe what they see on the other 1/2.

I'm sorry Kilmer but Newsmax and Drudge, can not be compared to mainstream media. Fox and the Washington Times, fine....but Drudge and Newsmax are purely partisan news source that would have more in common with Daily Kos, Drudge Retort, and other liberal news sources.

The line between mainstream media and partisan blogsites has blurred to the point of indistinguishable content.

CNN cites Drudge, Drudge cites Fox, Fox cites Kos.

My point is that there is no longer media source in the US that EVERYONE trusts and accepts as balanced.

I realize that many hate-filled neocons faithfully browse that site in hopes that there will be some juicy nugget of "information" .

For *SOME* posters this may be correct.. for me it is not.

I am neither a neocon nor hate-filled nor liberal attacker...

CNN has apologized.. Please play again.

The line between mainstream media and partisan blogsites has blurred to the point of indistinguishable content.

CNN cites Drudge, Drudge cites Fox, Fox cites Kos.

My point is that there is no longer media source in the US that EVERYONE trusts and accepts as balanced.

If you can't see the difference between Newsmax/Daily kos and Fox/CNN you're blind, dumb, or both.

Difference in what? Layout and concept? Sure. But Im talking about the partisan nature of all of them. And the seemingly constant use of each others material.

I think Drudge and Newsmax are just laughable, whereas Fox and CNN are just slightly biased.

MSNBC does a pretty good job of being fair. That's who I watch.

I think Drudge and Newsmax are just laughable, whereas Fox and CNN are just slightly biased.

MSNBC does a pretty good job of being fair. That's who I watch.

I dont think Drudge and Newsmax or KOS ever CLAIM to be anything but partisan.

I think CBS and the NY times are laughable.

I also agree about MSNBC. They've done a great job over the last year or so. Even the obvious partisans on both sides are very good and dont hold back tough talk even when it's towards their own side.

This is the reason why CNN when from the media darling to lagging far behind other news outlets. A truly Liberal medium that isn't ashamed to be. Watch Wolf Blitzer, he's often giddy about anything bad happening to the Bush Administration yet finds a way to downgrade anything good. This... the same guy who continued to plead with guests on election night whether Kerry still had a chance.

Eff CNN.... I haven't watched their channel in years. Same goes for MSNBC... where Oberman has an almost cult-like following amongst the far left. Heck... even Scarborough is leaning left now.

Comparing the Drudge Report to CNN is ridiculous. CNN reaches millions everyday, spreading the Liberal talking points to anyone who will listen, where the Drudge Report thousands on the web only.

It is sad that you believe this, but I doubt if you really do. You are much too smart for that, Kilmer.

You will note that only those on the left in this thread are unwilling to admit the bias nature of the places they get their "news".

ALL media outlets are entertainment first now. It's ALL about ratings and circulation.

The closest any "mainstream" media comes to balanced is MSNBC and (especially recently ie last year) the Wash Post. Though the Post editorial board is still way left, they are fairly balanced in the "articles".

You will note that only those on the left in this thread are unwilling to admit the bias nature of the places they get their "news".

Where is the "bias" nature we get our news from? CNN? Please :doh: to even infer they are in the same league as Fox is outrageous, you know better then that. CNN is a legitimate news channel, as is MSNBC. Fox is a propaganda channel, which tells news . . . a HUGE difference.

MSNBC is more centrist, with a slight conservative lean. It shows in things like Hardball and Scarbough. Olbermann is the only liberal on the station, and he got berated by his managament for interviewing too many liberals.

CNN is centrist with a slight liberal lean. They are both pretty much mainstream news stations, with the vast majority of their coverage being centrist to slightly right.

Now Fox, does not lean, they fall right over.

ALL media outlets are entertainment first now. It's ALL about ratings and circulation.

Not true, look at Fox's case. Have they been critical on ANYTHING Bush has done? Mainstream public opinion has Bush in the mid 30's, and Fox is still claiming it is the democrats fault. They are

The closest any "mainstream" media comes to balanced is MSNBC and (especially recently ie last year) the Wash Post. Though the Post editorial board is still way left, they are fairly balanced in the "articles".

I agree with MSNBC, but you really are not looking at the picture with CNN.

Here is a good analysis on the three networks reporting. . .

Our content analysis also shows measurable differences in what each of the cable networks puts on the air. This study made no attempt to identify bias, or whether one network tilted to the Democrats or Republicans. Some more basic distinctions, however, were evident.

Fox was measurably more one-sided than the other networks, and Fox journalists were more opinionated on the air. The news channel was also decidedly more positive in its coverage of the war in Iraq, while the others were largely neutral. At the same time, the story segments on the Fox programs studied did have more sources and shared more about them with audiences.

CNN tended to air more points of view in its stories than others, and its reporters rarely offered their own opinions, but the news channel's stories were noticeably thinner in the number of sources and the information shared about them.

MSNBC consistently fell between its two rivals on most indices.

In the degree to which journalists are allowed to offer their own opinions, Fox stands out. Across the programs studied, nearly seven out of ten stories (68%) included personal opinions from Fox's reporters -- the highest of any outlet studied by far.

Just 4% of CNN segments included journalistic opinion, and 27% on MSNBC.

Fox journalists were even more prone to offer their own opinions in the channel's coverage of the war in Iraq. There 73% of the stories included such personal judgments. On CNN the figure was 2%, and on MSNBC, 29%.

The same was true in coverage of the Presidential election, where 82% of Fox stories included journalist opinions, compared to 7% on CNN and 27% on MSNBC.

Those findings seem to challenge Fox's promotional marketing, particularly its slogan, "We Report. You Decide."

Some observers might argue that opinions clearly offered as such are more honest than a slant subtly embedded in the sound bites selected or questions asked. But that was not the case here. Given the live formats on cable, the opinions of reporters and anchors are often embedded in questions or thrown in as asides. Only occasionally were they labeled as commentary.

http://www.stateofthenewsmedia.org/2005/narrative_cabletv_contentanalysis.asp?cat=2&media=5

So back to the original topic of this thread, (not that the media discussion isn't interesting)

CNN apologized????? Because I still think it looks really wierd and more like something that was done afterwards and not on TV.

Yea, I thought the same thing. It looked like a photoshop picture. :doh:

Where is the "bias" nature we get our news from? CNN? Please :doh: to even infer they are in the same league as Fox is outrageous, you know better then that. CNN is a legitimate news channel, as is MSNBC. Fox is a propaganda channel, which tells news . . . a HUGE difference.

MSNBC is more centrist, with a slight conservative lean. It shows in things like Hardball and Scarbough. Olbermann is the only liberal on the station, and he got berated by his managament for interviewing too many liberals.

CNN is centrist with a slight liberal lean. They are both pretty much mainstream news stations, with the vast majority of their coverage being centrist to slightly right.

Now Fox, does not lean, they fall right over.

Not true, look at Fox's case. Have they been critical on ANYTHING Bush has done? Mainstream public opinion has Bush in the mid 30's, and Fox is still claiming it is the democrats fault. They are

I agree with MSNBC, but you really are not looking at the picture with CNN.

Here is a good analysis on the three networks reporting. . .

http://www.stateofthenewsmedia.org/2005/narrative_cabletv_contentanalysis.asp?cat=2&media=5

You've proven my point chom, Thanks.

Hardball is conservative???

Bwahahahahahahaha.

Your refusal to acknowldge CNNs bias is as maddening to half the country as others refusal to admit Fox's bias is to you. It's legitimate ONLY to those on the left.

Archived