Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Believe it or not...9-7 COULD win the NFC East

FunBunch7

sure it would be NY :laugh:

they have only beaten 1 team with a winning record, and that was the broncos, a game in which they almost lost.

i dont think 9-7 will win it, probably 10-6 or 11-5 from the boys, b/c they are playing good football rite now. But i think that once the seahawks give the giants a dose of reality, they will probably only beat the raiders, and go 8-8 or 9-7.

The skins have to wake-up and smell the coffee, and realize that they arent out of the race yet. Yes they have played a few bad games. So what everybody does. The Two Superbowl teams arent as good as they were last year, and the bears, bengals and bucs have shocked the world thus far with their records. Nothing is done until it is done. finishe. over with.

If the skins come to realization, and play up to their potential then i can see them winning 9 or 10 games, and possibly getting a wild card spot, if all the pieces fall into place. It aint over yet. This has been a successful season thus far for the skins given their opponents whose record is 60-40, and the fact that they are dead last in the TO margin at -13. They have to play good team football, and find ways to come up with wins to make the playoffs.

Giants -> 7-3

Redskins -> 5-5 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: same old Redskins

Bottom line... if, and this is a HUGE if, we win the Chargers game AND both NY and Dallas lose (which is highly probable) we will be in VERY GOOD shape. The one thing that gives me hope is that we do have them at home, and I think the Skins will be in a bit of despairation mode and will give this one every thing they've got.

I don't think we will take all three remaining NFC East games. However, the matchups are favorable considering we have the toughest two (Giants and Dallas) at home. The Ealgles (who just lost their CB for the season BTW) are done and should be a win if the game has playoff implications for us.

I won't expect much this Sunday, but will be keep my fingers crossed for a small miracle. You just never know in football, and a win this week would sure put some spice back in our fading season.

Good thread guys.

6 games is ALOT of season. I'm not predicting any playoff scenarios but it looks to me like the most consistent teams in the division are NY and Dallas and they've earned their good standing no doubt. I know alot of Redskin fans post bold predictions about these teams "going down this year" and "no way eli or drew can play" posts were sprinkled all over this website. These teams do have flaws and I don't see either at THIS point in the season showing deep playoff charactheristics, but they will grow as they go with their good mid-season records. We are STILL trying to find the real identity of the Joe Gibbs era and if this is the year we mold it w/o playoffs then I'm all for it. If we make some big leaps over the next 6 weekswe should keep these things as our focus and not get too glory-hungry. The 5-5 record does NOT reflect how good our team is, no matter what clever replies this gets from fans of other NFC east teams.

Penalties and turnovers. Not a playoff ingredient no matter how bad this tastes. If we don't stop them now it's going to be a LOOOONG winter.

Hail to the Redskins, BTW. :helmet:

Archived