Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Believe it or not...9-7 COULD win the NFC East

FunBunch7

Many of you will think I'm reaching or that I have sniffed glue, but follow this logic if you will...

Dallas remaining schedule:

Denver

@ NY Giants

Kansas City

@ Washington

@ Carolina

St.Louis

Lets give them a split with Denver and KC...1-1

They should lose in New York and Carolina...0-2

We beat em' and sweep...0-1

Will give them the season finale against the Rams...1-0

They go 2-4 down the stretch and finish 9-7

Now onto New York:

@ Seattle

Dallas

@ Philly

Kansas City

@ Washington

@ Oakland

They MUST lose to Seattle...Loss

They should beat Dallas.......Win

At Philly and hosting KC...a split Win/Loss

Let's say we beat em...Loss

Season finale at Oakland...Collins gets revenge??? Loss

They also go 2-4 down the stretch and finish 9-7

Now onto our schedule:

San Diego

@ St. Louis

@ Arizona

Dallas

NY Giants

@ Philly

Lets just say we lose to San Diego and fall to 5-6

We split at St. Louis and Arizona and go back 6-7 for our final 3

We come home and beat the Boys and Giants

We win at Philly in the finale.

We would end up 9-7

This would put us in a 3 way tie at 9-7 and the first tie breaker would be head to head:

We'd be 3-1 vs Dal/NYG

New York would be 2-2 vs Was/Dal

Dallas would be 1-3 vs Was/NYG

I gave the benefit of the doubt to the Giants getting a split vs the Eagles and Chiefs and I think they could lose both. I also gave the benefit of the Cowboys splitting with the Broncos and Chiefs but they could easily lose both.

I also gave us the mis fortune of losing against the Chargers AND dropping one to the Rams or Cards.

I simply want us to have a shot coming back to play Dallas and I REALLY think we do!

Okay guys, there it is...don't commit me to the asylum.

I pointed out in another thread that The Skins have had by far the most difficult schedule up to this point based on Wins & Losses

60 W- 40 L

Dallas 47 W- 53 L

NY 45 Wins 54 L

but the remaining schedule favors us

Skins 31 W- 29 L

Pokes 37 W- 23 L

Gints 34 W- 26 L

We play all three of our toughest games at home

Dallas has to play Us, The Gints, and Carolina on the road, and Denver & KC at home

Gints have 4 out of 6 road games, and 3 NFC East games left

If The Skins can play like they have in 8 out of 10 games we have a shot... but we play like we did yesterday or against the Giants at their home.. we are sunk.

#1 priority... stop giving the ball away.

The problem with doing this (and this happens every year on this site) is that the Skins have to pull their weight and win games. They never seem to do so until they are out of contention...then they win a few games that cost them draft position.

The problem with doing this (and this happens every year on this site) is that the Skins have to pull their weight and win games. They never seem to do so until they are out of contention...then they win a few games that cost them draft position.

but this isn't those teams, and not the same coach. While they took a huge step backwards yesterday... it isn't the end of the world, and they can still get back in this race.

I dont know...we can't even prove we can win a game on the road.

But look at our road schedule...

@ Dallas 7-3... we came from behind to steal one 14-13

@ Denver 8-2...arguably the 2nd best team in the league...lost by 2

@ Kansas City 6-4...very tough place to play...lost by 7

@ New York 7-3...their owners keep dying which inspires them or something.

@ Tampa Bay 7-3...we got robbed but it's still a tough place to play

Combined they are 35-15

Every team has a winning record and playoff aspirations. The games in St. Louis, Arizona and Philly are a welcome site...If we can win 2 of these 3 we have a great shot! It's possible we could win them all.

No way in the world 9-7 wins the East. NO WAY. And even if hell actually froze over and it did, it STILL wouldnt be the Redskins winning the division. It would Be Dallas or NewYork.

sure it would be NY :laugh:

they have only beaten 1 team with a winning record, and that was the broncos, a game in which they almost lost.

i dont think 9-7 will win it, probably 10-6 or 11-5 from the boys, b/c they are playing good football rite now. But i think that once the seahawks give the giants a dose of reality, they will probably only beat the raiders, and go 8-8 or 9-7.

The skins have to wake-up and smell the coffee, and realize that they arent out of the race yet. Yes they have played a few bad games. So what everybody does. The Two Superbowl teams arent as good as they were last year, and the bears, bengals and bucs have shocked the world thus far with their records. Nothing is done until it is done. finishe. over with.

If the skins come to realization, and play up to their potential then i can see them winning 9 or 10 games, and possibly getting a wild card spot, if all the pieces fall into place. It aint over yet. This has been a successful season thus far for the skins given their opponents whose record is 60-40, and the fact that they are dead last in the TO margin at -13. They have to play good team football, and find ways to come up with wins to make the playoffs.

The original poster of this thread made some excellent points. The only problem I see is I don't see the Giants finishing 2-4. I would bet 3-3, to go 10-6. I don't think we can close 5-1 to tie this record, but you never know. That free home game the NFL gave NY will come back to haunt the NFC East teams hoping to beat the Giants. I can't believe that with football stadiums all over the US, the NFL puts the game in NY and calls it a neutral site.

The original poster of this thread made some excellent points. The only problem I see is I don't see the Giants finishing 2-4. I would bet 3-3, to go 10-6. I don't think we can close 5-1 to tie this record, but you never know. That free home game the NFL gave NY will come back to haunt the NFC East teams hoping to beat the Giants. I can't believe that with football stadiums all over the US, the NFL puts the game in NY and calls it a neutral site.
BINGO.....For NewYork to get an extra home game is a sin! The game could have been played in lots of different locations. No need for it to be played in NY. OH WELL, will be nice to go up there and ruff up Eli just like we did down in the game I attended in Dallas. SWEEEEEEEEEET!

Many of you will think I'm reaching or that I have sniffed glue, but follow this logic if you will...

Dallas remaining schedule:

Denver

@ NY Giants

Kansas City

@ Washington

@ Carolina

St.Louis

Lets give them a split with Denver and KC...1-1

They should lose in New York and Carolina...0-2

We beat em' and sweep...0-1

Will give them the season finale against the Rams...1-0

They go 2-4 down the stretch and finish 9-7

Now onto New York:

@ Seattle

Dallas

@ Philly

Kansas City

@ Washington

@ Oakland

They MUST lose to Seattle...Loss

They should beat Dallas.......Win

At Philly and hosting KC...a split Win/Loss

Let's say we beat em...Loss

Season finale at Oakland...Collins gets revenge??? Loss

They also go 2-4 down the stretch and finish 9-7

Now onto our schedule:

San Diego

@ St. Louis

@ Arizona

Dallas

NY Giants

@ Philly

Lets just say we lose to San Diego and fall to 5-6

We split at St. Louis and Arizona and go back 6-7 for our final 3

We come home and beat the Boys and Giants

We win at Philly in the finale.

We would end up 9-7

This would put us in a 3 way tie at 9-7 and the first tie breaker would be head to head:

We'd be 3-1 vs Dal/NYG

New York would be 2-2 vs Was/Dal

Dallas would be 1-3 vs Was/NYG

I gave the benefit of the doubt to the Giants getting a split vs the Eagles and Chiefs and I think they could lose both. I also gave the benefit of the Cowboys splitting with the Broncos and Chiefs but they could easily lose both.

I also gave us the mis fortune of losing against the Chargers AND dropping one to the Rams or Cards.

I simply want us to have a shot coming back to play Dallas and I REALLY think we do!

Okay guys, there it is...don't commit me to the asylum.

If the skins were'nt on a free fall and coming apart @ the seams after a smoke and mirrors 3-0 start.. this logic may have some merit. I've read these posts with great interest over the past few weeks.. only to witness Dallas keep winning and the skins continue to lose? The truth is, there is no dominant team in the NFC... not after what happened to Carolina Sunday. I agree though that.. the NFCE is far from over. If the skins lose to SD... everygame becomes a playoff game and that can be really tough..

If the skins were'nt on a free fall and coming apart @ the seams after a smoke and mirrors 3-0 start.. this logic may have some merit. I've read these posts with great interest over the past few weeks.. only to witness Dallas keep winning and the skins continue to lose? The truth is, there is no dominant team in the NFC... not after what happened to Carolina Sunday. I agree though that.. the NFCE is far from over. If the skins lose to SD... everygame becomes a playoff game and that can be really tough..

I don't really see us coming apart at the seems. We have had just one game where everything fell apart...the Giants game...other than that, we have been in every game.

Look at it this way...

We have been on BOTH sides of 2 blow outs...NYG/SF

We have won and lost a 1 point game Dal/TB

We have won and lost a 2 point game Chi/Den

We have won and lost a 3 point game Sea/Oak

We have won and lost a 7 point game Phi/KC

This week we will be playing the 8th game against run defenses that rank in the top 11...our schedule has been brutal.

At the beginning of the season I had hoped we would be .500 after 10 games because I knew the schedule would get alot easier. Keep the faith!

Every week we say the ship can be "righted'. Well, if we don't win this week the ship will have sailed.

Losing 5 out of the last 7 is no way for a team with playoff hopes to show it (It doesn't matter how close the games were in the end).

I'm tired of losing. I know the players and coaches are too.

Archived