Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Heart To Win For the Fans

ncdawrs

This fanbase is no different than any other in the league. There are those who get angry and demand change... there are those who simply pledge their devotion and blindly accept bad situations. The former are just as bad or good as the latter.

However, this is NOT the time to cut and run on our current roster. We are at midstream. You jump off now, you drown. Look at the Vikings. They were ALOT lower in the sh**can than we are right now. They've won 3 straight and are being hailed as heros on ESPN this week.

If we had lost to Chicago, Dallas, and Seattle but were now 5-5, we'd all be in HEAVEN right now. well... we're 5-5. How do we want to handle this? I thought we'd be 3-7 at this point. We're NOT. Let's put the SQUASH on San Diego and re-convene next week. :)

Well put Chach. The only thing I feel like adding is there are more than the "two types" of fans often described here (more-or-less) as the persistent griper and the blind homer. What doesn't get noted enough IMO is that many fans make up a middle ground, or land somewhere along a continuum between those two extremes.

I do have a bias against accepting somebody's definiton of "love" when they tell me they love something/someone, but then regularly trash or abuse it/them in a mean-spirited fashion because they think they're "right", and so that makes it all good. :rolleyes:

I can say at times there is a lack of desire or heart it seems.But I think as a rule this team has shown a lot of heart.How many teams would have hung like they did in Tampa?They did everything they could do to to try and hold on there.In my opinion they were fighting the Bucs,the officals,the crowd, and at times themselves.(turnovers)I believe losses and others like that take a toll on a team.This team doesn't have the depth to overcome crucial injuries which doesn't help the situation.I am very disappointed myself, I thought this team was turning the corner.Now I am not so sure that it is going to happen.Either way I can 't pull for another team so I will keep on with the Skins.

Archived