Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Heart To Win For the Fans

ncdawrs

I've been a Redskin fan since 1974 and I have to say this team is the worst.....absolutely no heart to win. The bears have a huge heart....they really don't have any big name players on their team, but a hole lot of heart and have proved their critics wrong that they are winners and will have a winning season. Why can't the Redskin Players do the same? The Redskins are loaded with a bunch of big name players....at least on paper it shows it and the big contract some of these players are being payed (they have no heart to win but they do have heart to ask for big time money...thanks to the fans they are able to get big money). The team might as well lose the rest of their games so they can at least get a good draft next year....I do know that most of the players have a heart to lose and they are very good at it, so I'm pretty sure they will accomplish that part of the job. Until next year, Go Redskins 2006.:mad:

I think this team has more heart than any of the Norv teams, any of the Spurrier teams and believe it or not even Petitbon's team (I still get steamed remembering how a group of players threatened to sit out the season finale against the Vikings to protest the new collective bargaining agreement. They no longer cared about playing the game anymore.)

I don't think heart is the problem with this team. They may not have the heart of a champion just yet, but they do appear to play hard just not well on a consistent basis.

I think this team has more heart than any of the Norv teams, any of the Spurrier teams and believe it or not even Petitbon's team (I still get steamed remembering how a group of players threatened to sit out the season finale against the Vikings to protest the new collective bargaining agreement. They no longer cared about playing the game anymore.)

I don't think heart is the problem with this team. They may not have the heart of a champion just yet, but they do appear to play hard just not well on a consistent basis.

You nailed it my friend I think the effort is really there I see guys out there still fighting to win our problem is consistency..

If by "no heart" you mean that the team doesn't "win as often as you'd like".... then I understand you completely.

Because, the team does have heart. They just seem to make bad mistakes. But they are mutually exclusive.

Of course, if you cannot see that... then that's a problem on your end.

And considering the quality of fans here on Extreme.... I can't say I'd go to work to "win one for the fans" if I was a player.

70% of the Redskins fans on here are crappy fans.

soneone needs to fess up and honestly assess whether we really have the talent that is needed. as an example...it seems that other teams always have a back-up player who moves in and plays well when the first teamer is struck down. we seem to be ok in this regard as far as DL run defense is concerned...but not much else. where has personnel management gotten this team? do we have the starters and do we have quality depth? it just doesn't seem like all the parts add up.

The team with the most heart won that game yesterday, the Chiefs game, the Bucs game, the Bronco game. When you play close games in the NFL that is what it comes down too. They let Raider Nation run the fans out of Fedex yesterday. Infukingexcusable. This team is a pile of crap in my mind right now.

If by "no heart" you mean that the team doesn't "win as often as you'd like".... then I understand you completely.

Because, the team does have heart. They just seem to make bad mistakes. But they are mutually exclusive.

And considering the quality of fans here on Extreme.... I can't say I'd go to work to "win one for the fans" if I was a player.

What makes a crappy fan? One that pours his heart, and money, into a team that has lost 15 of the past 16 season, and is REALISTIC about things?

Well said. If you (the players) don't want to win for themselves, teammates,

and coaches, then why would the fans factor in?

The team has heart, but depth is a problem Depth (or lack of) is related to

the salary cap. I truely believe part of the problem is this team is tired. The

bye came a little too early.

No heart? I'm not sure about that, but having enough heart to win games? Possibly.

We went 3-0 at the start and those games could have gone either way. We could be 2-8. We clearly haven't dominated an opp. yet (except S.F., but they don't really count).

I don't see much passion though from either the coaches or the players. I've been a SKINS fan since '75 and after losing these "should have won" games I don't see any pissed off players or coaches. Where is the passion?? It's the same thing each loss, "well we turned over the ball", "we just didn't execute", “give all the credit to the opp. team”, blah, blah, blah!!.

Enough of that crap! Where is the hard nosed coach that coached in the ‘80s-‘90s? Get the **** together. Enough of the excuses, enough of the costumes every Thursday, get a players meeting going and have the leaders (Jansen, Washington, Arrington, etc.) start lighting a fire under their teammates. Gibbs and Williams stop crediting the other team and look with ourselves to find our identity.

I’m sure a lot of members on this board have some football experience and I don’t care what level it is, football comes down to an individual game. You line up against your guy and you kick his ass. Simple!! Get it done.

The team with the most heart won that game yesterday, the Chiefs game, the Bucs game, the Bronco game. When you play close games in the NFL that is what it comes down too. They let Raider Nation run the fans out of Fedex yesterday. Infukingexcusable. This team is a pile of crap in my mind right now.

Disagree with you.....fans weren't in it yesterday either.

Lots of emptys in the stadium until 2nd Qtr.

Lots of emptys until middle of 3rd Qtr (everybody coming back from half time)

Redskins fans too busy getting drunk, spilling beer on each other and fighting with one another to get loud.

The trueth is no fan here has a right to judge another.i don't care if you have 7 posts or 38,000 posts.we have been diappointed and hurt alot over the last 12 years. this team has hit lows few teams have gone to. and here we all felt like the had turned the corner towards being a good team and they lay this norvenesk egg yesterday in the face of their fans and we can't vent about it without fingers pointing at us like we betrayed the team?it's really starting to get me that if somwone is fed up and says something the accusers come out all arrogant and haughty like they are the standard bearers and how dare you get discouraged and blah blah blah.my balloon has been punctured soo often that i have to order another one.problem is it's on b/o.

Disagree with you.....fans weren't in it yesterday either.

Lots of emptys in the stadium until 2nd Qtr.

Lots of emptys until middle of 3rd Qtr (everybody coming back from half time)

Redskins fans too busy getting drunk, spilling beer on each other and fighting with one another to get loud.

Okay, I agree with you about the lack of the 12th man at the game yesterday. They brought out that flag, 12th man signs all over the place but there were plenty of empty seats. Still, that being said. Fans like you, myself and all of the other posters on this board who wanted to vomit in our puddle of tears after that game yesterday were let down. We were let down by players and coaches who allowed a team with a bad record and inferior talent to come all the way across the country and take a big fat D on the Redskins emblem. I watched players hugging at halftime. One raider player came over the skins sideline and chatted it up with one of our players. Then they proceeded to ***** Mike Sellers, and win the game. The players should be sick to their stomachs. They should be furious. But they won't be. They will go home and say, we will get them next week. Then Clinton Portis will try to lighten the mood on Thursday with his press conference. F that, I don't want the mood lightened. I want revenge. I want payback. I want them to start winning. ST has heart, MW has heart, LA has heart. SS has heart. Outside of those guys, this team has nothing.

The trueth is no fan here has a right to judge another.i don't care if you have 7 posts or 38,000 posts.we have been diappointed and hurt alot over the last 12 years. this team has hit lows few teams have gone to. and here we all felt like the had turned the corner towards being a good team and they lay this norvenesk egg yesterday in the face of their fans and we can't vent about it without fingers pointing at us like we betrayed the team?it's really starting to get me that if somwone is fed up and says something the accusers come out all arrogant and haughty like they are the standard bearers and how dare you get discouraged and blah blah blah.my balloon has been punctured soo often that i have to order another one.problem is it's on b/o.

BEST POST I'VE SEEN IN AWHILE........ :applause: :applause:

Geez. And from the Board Squire no less.

Hasn't the boatload of "crappy" fans on this board helped thrust Extremeskins into the limelight to a certain extent?

If by "crappy" fans you mean those "not always agreeing to go along with the argument that if not for self-inflicted mistakes the Redskins would just flat out be better than any team they play"...then I see what you mean.

Because although the team does commit its own share of self-inflicted mistakes, they also have plenty forced upon them and also have plenty of players whose ability was overestimated.

I don't know whether I would say that this team has no heart, but I think that I understand where you're coming from. I think it's more like the coaches don't have the team mentally prepared for games. We were totally unprepared for what everyone knew was going to be a very emotional game against the Giants. I think the team felt that the were in for an easy win against Tampa with a backup QB and an easy win against a 3-6 Raiders team that has a statistically weak defense and inconsistant offense. The coaching staff needs to keep the team from falling into these traps.

what makes a crappy fan -vs- a good fan?

I'll tell you, the fans that do nothing but criticize each mistake a player makes and criticize every move a coach makes. The Redskins have some of the worst fans in the NFL, the amount of bashing that goes on here is ridiculous and if you feel that by spending money makes you a true fan, you're wrong it makes you a fool to support something that you dislike so much, subconsciously, that you would waste your hard earned money on it.

Spending money on season Tix and team gear doesn't make you a real fan, look how empty FedEx gets once the Redskins are out of playoff contention, look how few Portis jerseys are worn after a loss, that's die hard for ya.

Real fans bleed B+G they don't have to prove it, unlike the guys that bash the coaches and hide behind the line of "but I have season tix and a Cooley jersey".

Real fans stay optimistic, even in the face of adversity, so why is there a thread about the season being over with six weeks to go, again there's die hard for ya, hell I think we can go 11-5. Then again I'm a die hard fan. There can be talk of what happened good and what happened bad, who should be cut, signed, drafted etc., but there are to many personal attacks on the team that true fans find it sickening.

In closing spending money doesn't make you a real fan, freedom of speech doesn't make you a real fan, real fans are born and support the team with a blind faith that is consistent with love. I love the Washington Redskins, I forgive the problems they have and root with all my heart when they play, I cheer for the team not the players, players come and go but the Washington Redskins will always be. Guys that can not find a blind faith in their team deserve pity, after all there are more important things in this life then football.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

What makes a crappy fan? One that pours his heart, and money, into a team that has lost 15 of the past 16 season, and is REALISTIC about things?

You know what? I've got reproductory organs. And I'm more than willing to use them when necessary... just like you have money and you're willing to spend it on the Redskins.

However, just because I have the ability to procreate... doesn't make me a good father. Capiche?

I'll tell you, the fans that do nothing but criticize each mistake a player makes and criticize every move a coach makes. The Redskins have some of the worst fans in the NFL, the amount of bashing that goes on here is ridiculous and if you feel that by spending money makes you a true fan, you're wrong it makes you a fool to support something that you dislike so much, subconsciously, that you would waste your hard earned money on it.

Spending money on season Tix and team gear doesn't make you a real fan, look how empty FedEx gets once the Redskins are out of playoff contention, look how few Portis jerseys are worn after a loss, that's die hard for ya.

Real fans bleed B+G they don't have to prove it, unlike the guys that bash the coaches and hide behind the line of "but I have season tix and a Cooley jersey".

Real fans stay optimistic, even in the face of adversity, so why is there a thread about the season being over with six weeks to go, again there's die hard for ya, hell I think we can go 11-5. Then again I'm a die hard fan. There can be talk of what happened good and what happened bad, who should be cut, signed, drafted etc., but there are to many personal attacks on the team that true fans find it sickening.

In closing spending money doesn't make you a real fan, freedom of speech doesn't make you a real fan, real fans are born and support the team with a blind faith that is consistent with love. I love the Washington Redskins, I forgive the problems they have and root with all my heart when they play, I cheer for the team not the players, players come and go but the Washington Redskins will always be. Guys that can not find a blind faith in their team deserve pity, after all there are more important things in this life then football.

I agree with all that you said, but why can't a true fan be realistic or even question what his team does? Does questioning Gibbs' playcalling or decision making make me a bad fan? I still go to every single game, good weather or bad weather, even when they've been out of the race for 2 months, wearing my Skins jersey, rooting as hard as I can for my team. I also bleed B&G, but I don't think being realistic or questioning a coach or player, makes anyone a bad fan.....

That's a good start. I can give at least 20 other good definitions.

CRAPPY FAN

1. Someone who buys multiple seasons tickets with no intentions of using them. Rather, selling them to make a profit.

2. Someone who would sell their season tickets... even single game tickets... to opposing team fans.

3. Someone who would sell their tickets - when they have no intention of seeing the game - to another Redskins fan... above face value.

4. Someone who goes to the game.... and then leaves early.. especially because the team is losing.

5. Someone who goes to a game... and the criticizes others for being too loud, standing or rowdy. Stay home and watch the game on T.V., don't go to a public venue with 90,000 spectators if you don't want to deal with the general public.

6. Someone who isn't foolish enough to admit he wants the Redskins to go 16-0... and then complains after AFTER SINGLE DAMN LOSS.

7. Impulsive, reactionary fans who criticize EVERYTHING... even after victories.

8. People who argue their thoughts without any concrete evidence... especially when the evidence clearly points to the opposite.

9. People that are so emotional, impulsive and reactionary... that, without the aid of alcohol or other stimulants (at least that would be an excuse), go on public displays (ie. the internet) and blabber incoherently and irrationally.... without logic.... just to be heard.

10. People who aren't interested in "learning" about the game.... or accepting certain facts.... or discussing topics intelligently... but rather argue for the sake of arguing, inciting, etc.

11. People who can't understand that X amount of variables the come into play regarding the outcome of the game. And won't accept them. The truth is sometimes the other team is better than you. Sometimes the refs blow a call. And SOMETIMES... IT'S JUST NOT YOUR FREAKING DAY. Every team has at least 2 of those a season.

12. Someone who says they are going to quit posting or take a break from the Redskins because they cannot tolerate the losses.

13. Someone who doesn't and cannot appreciate the good things about the sport.... because the bottom line is wins and losses.

Want more?

You know what? I've got reproductory organs. And I'm more than willing to use them when necessary... just like you have money and you're willing to spend it on the Redskins.

However, just because I have the ability to procreate... doesn't make me a good father. Capiche?

And if you don't think that buying tickets, especially someone on as tight of a budget as I have, who comes to every single game because I love this team and desperately want them to win, isn't a fan, come see me try to pay my bills for that 3-month period after my ticket invoice comes........

And if you don't think that buying tickets, especially someone on as tight of a budget as I have, who comes to every single game because I love this team and desperately want them to win, isn't a fan, come see me try to pay my bills for that 3-month period after my ticket invoice comes........

Are you admitting you are as bad with your finances as you are as being a fan?

I could care less about your financial dilemmas. You know what... I can't afford to go to any games... but guess what... that doesn't factor into the quality of fan I am.

Archived