Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now that the dust is settled on Lavar...

mcarey032

Now that the dust has settled on Lavar Arrington, how many people think that he will be in a Redskins uniform next year? I personally believe that he will be here and I hope that he doesn't leave. However, stranger things have happened in the NFL. Where do you all come out in this? Will he be here or on some other team?

Now that the dust has settled on Lavar Arrington, how many people think that he will be in a Redskins uniform next year? I personally believe that he will be here and I hope that he doesn't leave. However, stranger things have happened in the NFL. Where do you all come out in this? Will he be here or on some other team?

Hard to say .. his salery cap hit for NEXT season is 12 Million! Thats alot of dough

He will be here, he is a Redskins. Outside of Joe Gibbs he is the most beloved redskin currently in the organization. It would be devastating to lose him.

The Patriots felt the same way about Lawyer Malloy.

You can't be loyal to players in the cap era.

Here is the question: Does he still play like the highest-paid linebacker in football? (Or rather, did he ever play that way?)

I love Lavar but that contract is a noose.

I don't think Lavar will be back. His play does not justify such a huge contract. I think the Skins will try to renegotiate his contract; he will balk; and the Skins will be forced to trade him elsewhere. Skins will be prepared to take the Cap hit for the long-term benefit of the team. The Cap space can be used for multiple players in the future. Skins can get quality LBs for a lot less than Lavar, e.g., Lemar Marshall did quite well in Lavar's spot. If Skins had been able to keep Pierce then Lavar would have been even more expendable. But he can be replaced. I would rather allocate more money to the DL.

He'll be there. As stated, probably the most popular Redskin player, and the cap hit would too much to swallow if traded or cut.

I just wish he would have hit Alstott on that that leap over the line on that 2pt conversion, everyone would now be saying he is worth every penny. I don't see too many others in the league with that kind of ability.

He will be here, he is a Redskins. Outside of Joe Gibbs he is the most beloved redskin currently in the organization. It would be devastating to lose him.

Beloved by who, the fans, I think Gibbs and Snyder could and would easily part ways with LA. Those are the guys who make the decisions.

LA has proved he's overrated he has forced no TO and has no sacks, you can't pay a man play maker money to play above average. I know LA has a lot of fans but he either needs to step it up in a big way, redo his deal for the salary cap, or he's gone.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

There is no way that anyone in their right mind can expect that Arrington would agree to renegotiate his contract. After all the flack that his last contract brought on, combined with the lack of playing time which I'm sure he views as a slight to him. There's no way he gives money back. Does that make him trade bait? Who would be willing to take on that not so friendly contract?

So yeah, he'll be here next season. He might ask for a trade, but he'll be here.

There is no way that anyone in their right mind can expect that Arrington would agree to renegotiate his contract. After all the flack that his last contract brought on, combined with the lack of playing time which I'm sure he views as a slight to him. There's no way he gives money back. Does that make him trade bait? Who would be willing to take on that not so friendly contract?

So yeah, he'll be here next season. He might ask for a trade, but he'll be here.

Lavar's agent would work out a new deal with a team if a trade was to happen, same way the Jets worked out a new deal with Coles and we worked out a new deal with Moss. The cap hit would be what Washington will take from a trade or release.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

Hard to say .. his salery cap hit for NEXT season is 12 Million! Thats alot of dough

I think he will be here. I'm not sure who posted it, but there was a very interesting thread about a month ago regarding the effective cap hit each player on the team will have next season. Lavar's hit was in the $6.5-$7.5 million range. Based on that information, he is here.

I think he will be here. I'm not sure who posted it, but there was a very interesting thread about a month ago regarding the effective cap hit each player on the team will have next season. Lavar's hit was in the $6.5-$7.5 million range. Based on that information, he is here.

No it was 12 million, i read the thread about it, was a link to a site breaking down all of our players and salery cap #'s, lavar was 12 million for next season, then like 6 million the year after that

EDIT: found the link!!

http://redskins.scout.com/3/salary_cap_chart.html

Yup 12.046 million

Archived