Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now that the dust is settled on Lavar...

mcarey032

I have doubts about him coming back next year. 12 mil is a lot of $$ to be paying a guy who basically does what just about any NFL OLB could do. He's just not worth the money.

Yes, he has tons of athletic ability, but his lack of discipline and the fact that he plays in a 4-3 considerably lowers his value to the Redskins.

Personally, I think we'd be crazy to pay him that kind of money.

Unfortunately, I see him going to a 3-4 team and lighting it up, because he's perfect for that scheme. He'd be a double digit sack guy and a constant disruption for the opposite team. If he goes to Dallas somehow, I swear, I'll vomit daily until he retires. Hopefully, he'll go to someone like Houston or San Diego in the AFC.

In our 4-3 he's just not going to be that kind of player.

Of course, he could fix all of this if he would just re-negotiate for less money, but I can't see him doing that, so we'll probably have to trade him. Problem there is that I don't think another team gives up a first rounder for him because he just hasn't done it on the field.

We could even end up simply cutting him for no compensation at all. I'll be sick if we do that, and him going to Dallas would then become a real concern.

Archived