Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Waiting List

awd_sr

Has anyone else thats on the waiting list received the email saying their number is coming up? I got one yesterday and of course called in and put my $50 deposit per seat down. They said that you get seats in the 400 level, so its not the restricted view seats. I wonder if this is from them cracking down on the eBay scalpers etc.

Either way, I got my fingers crossed ;)

that is true, you can pick your ticket from those sites, only thing is, the prices are usually inflated, which is expected though, thats how they make their $$$$

Thats been the only way Ive been able to go, is off ebay etc. And like you said, I usually get great seats

Without starting a new thread, how do you guys feel about the e-bay/stubhub tickets? Reason being you can get a descent ticket every week on one of those sights, I believe!

For 2 years before I received season tickets of my own I bid and won season tickets off of ebay. Paid like 100 over face value for the season for 2 tickets. It worked out to like 5 over face value per ticket per game.

Yeah the $50 per ticket is a deposit for when actual seat locations are available. Then they use the deposit against your total bill for the tix.

How long a wait are you talking about after you give them $50? And what happens if you don't pay the money?

If 5000 fans give them $50 right now, that's a $250,000 no-interest loan from the fans to the team.

Anyway, my bigger issue is I suspect they are simply lying about the length of the waiting list. It's a heck of a marketing ploy.

How long a wait are you talking about after you give them $50? And what happens if you don't pay the money?

If 5000 fans give them $50 right now' date=' that's a $250,000 no-interest loan from the fans to the team.[/quote']

If you don't pay, someone who does gets your tickets.

As far as the loan part you are correct. For instance season tickets are sent out at the end of july the invoice is usually due in March or April.

I guess from the teams point of view they want the money early enough to see who is renewing so they then can give definite seat assignments to the people who put up the 50.00 to hold tickets. And also upgrade current ticket holders.

If 5000 fans give them $50 right now' date=' that's a $250,000 no-interest loan from the fans to the team.[/quote']

Well let's see, its November...

invoices come out in Feb....

Tix come out a few months after that if I remember correctly.

You sound like you don't like the process, and your in luck...

You have a choice whether or not to pay it. I paid the 50 per ticket, because I wanted the tickets. You have the choice NOT to pay it.

well i'm currently #196,000 on the waiting list! :)

almost there

out of that 196k, I would bet that 1/3 are realistic about getting seats. If this wasn't the case, they wouldn't turn over so many names (and spots on the waiting list) every single year since the Spurrier debacle and addition of so many additional seats

Will they take calls about getting better seats (w/o upgrading to the next level), or is it a matter of waiting for them to move you to better seats each year?

I've noticed quite a few open seats on a routine basis (even in my section:449). This past year, I was moved over two seats (closer to the aisle). I'm glad to have the shift, but don't mind paying the extra $10-15 per seat it would take to move me closer to 452-453.

Has anyone else called to get better seats? You can PM me if you don't want to post it here.

I put my name on the list about 5 or so years ago. I keep getting email solicitations about getting club level seats which are way out of my price range. So I had not heard about the 50 dollar deposit. Congrats dude! Although I am resigned to the fact I can watch the game on my 52 inch tv.

Has anyone else thats on the waiting list received the email saying their number is coming up? I got one yesterday and of course called in and put my $50 deposit per seat down. They said that you get seats in the 400 level, so its not the restricted view seats. I wonder if this is from them cracking down on the eBay scalpers etc.

Either way, I got my fingers crossed ;)

I think I'm 52,000 or something on the list.

Until then, I'm buying obstructed view and depending on the kindness of strangers. Ok, my brother. But he is pretty strange.

Archived