Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Better that Philly lost for us (Merged)

BrunellSuperbowl

The look on the philly fans faces was sureal, that has been us for so long. Plus we still have that win against Dallas. One thing we can say for sure is that this NFC East war has many more battles to be fought. We win our fair share of those battles and we can control our destiny. Nothing is decided and it is all on the line from here on out. I hope our players bring thier lunchpails tommorrow and feed of the bad taste of the Tampa loss. The Raiders are walking into a storm. As fans, if we bring it to Fed Ex like we have so far, the skins can make it happen. I believe.

mcnabb will not play last game of yr

we play Dallas at home, and the Giaints at home. That is 3 wins right there. And we have a lot of home games coming up.

As much as I hate the cowboys .. I can actually see your point.... Although its to early to speculate if McNabb wont be back this year.

After this emotional win the cowboys just may lose to Detroit next week. Luckily after our emotional MNF game we had a bye week. And maybe Detmer can pull one out over the Giants, I hear they have trouble stopping teams with backup QBs... :laugh:

How can we be sure McNabb won't play the last game?

He is hurt and the worse their season gets the more likely it is they just shut him down for the year. No need in playing hurt when you are out of it.

I have a feeling that last game of the year vs the Eagles is going to be huge for us and if Coy Detmer is playing and the Eagles don't have anything to play for I like our chances.

Remember this team has been in the NFC title game 4 years in a row, they don't have the mind set to play hard in a game that dosent matter to play spoiler, they will be looking forward to vacation time.

Ok, so none of us wanted the cowgirls to come away with the W tonight, but that's done, and we'll deal with it. It still doesn't change the fact that we controll our own destiny, and have a good chance to be in the drivers seat when those three huge game come up to close out the regular season.

The upside of this loss by philly is that puts them one more loss in the hole of course, meaning that they should be just a couple more tank jobs from throwing in the towel on 2005. Once that happens, either McNab or the organization may decide that there is no sense having him play injured for the rest of the year if there is no playoff spot on the line and he will head off to get his surgery.

Basically, if Philly can drop out of the playoff picture, that would make them more likely to keep donovan off of the field for the season finalie against the Skins - making our task a bit easier if it turns out that its do or die in that game (hopefully it doesn't come down to that, but that's definately a possibility).

Anyway, what do you guys think...if the eagles drop out of the playoff hunt will McNabb be in uniform when we roll into town? Just thought I'd toss in one possitive in what has been an otherwise dismal weekend for us Skins fans! :)

:eaglesuck :dallasuck

Eh, I would've prefered the Iggles winning. Now the Cowgirls are 6-3 and on top, and have a somewhat favorable schedule coming up.

I don't see the Iggles winning more than 7 or 8 games this year, especially with someone like Koy-frickin'-DETMER or Mike McMahon at QB.

The division is down to us, the Cowgirls, and the G(gay)-men. BUT, we gotta handle business and go at least 3-1 in the next 4 games to have a good shot in the end.

Well,I see it like this?

The cowboys also have 2 home games coming up with the Lions and the Broncos...It's not impossible to think that maybe 1 of them could upset Dallas on one of those 2 dates...

And you don't wanna play Detroit on ThanksGiving either like the Cowboys do...The Lions historically play well on the big Holiday...I could very see the lions winning this game...And with Denver coming up after that,that won't be no easy game either for them...They may be 6-3 right now,but I could see them at 7-4 or Hopefully 6-5 within the next few weeks...

The Giants are coming off a devastating loss to minny!They have Philly coming up at home and then seattle on the road in the next 2 weeks...They could easily lose 1 if not both...

We are 5-4 right now....1 game back from Dallas and Giants...If we can just do what we have been doing and that is winning at HOME (undefeated),then I think things will even out for us....And remember...Dallas and the Giants still play one more in NY....

we need to beat the Raiders and Chargers right now...!so we can be 7-4....I we can do this,then we might have a great chance at postseason play and will have possibly built a momentum....(1st time this year with 2 home games in a row...and we need it!)

Well,I see it like this?

The cowboys also have 2 home games coming up with the Lions and the Broncos...It's not impossible to think that maybe 1 of them could upset Dallas on one of those 2 dates...

And you don't wanna play Detroit on ThanksGiving either like the Cowboys do...The Lions historically play well on the big Holiday...I could very see the lions winning this game...And with Denver coming up after that,that won't be no easy game either for them...They may be 6-3 right now,but I could see them at 7-4 or Hopefully 6-5 within the next few weeks...

The Giants are coming off a devastating loss to minny!They have Philly coming up at home and then seattle on the road in the next 2 weeks...They could easily lose 1 if not both...

We are 5-4 right now....1 game back from Dallas and Giants...If we can just do what we have been doing and that is winning at HOME (undefeated),then I think things will even out for us....And remember...Dallas and the Giants still play one more in NY....

we need to beat the Raiders and Chargers right now...!so we can be 7-4....I we can do this,then we might have a great chance at postseason play and will have possibly built a momentum....(1st time this year with 2 home games in a row...and we need it!)

They spinnin *&*&%&^& They Spiiinniiiiiiinnnnnnnn!... Dallas plays Detroit @ home next week then Denver on Thanksgiving. How old are you? Do you realize that Dallas and Detroit ALWAYS play on Thanksgiving.. as in two seperate games..??? :doh:

At least we do have dallas and ny at home I think we can handle philly away.

:hump:

Totally agree, but does anyone else think that McNAbb will be in the O.R. before that game if the eagles continue to fall out of the playoff picture. Sure would make our task much easier not having him under center come week 17 - expecially if that becomes a game we must win to see the postseason.

Totally agree, but does anyone else think that McNAbb will be in the O.R. before that game if the eagles continue to fall out of the playoff picture. Sure would make our task much easier not having him under center come week 17 - expecially if that becomes a game we must win to see the postseason.

I think that at this point Mcnabb is doing them more harm than good and the impression I got from listening to Fox Sports Radio was they may elect to have Mcnabb get the surgery and start getting him healthy for next season. Not to say they couldn't salvage their season but Mcnabb is no help to them at this point.

I think it's a good possibility -- but before you get too excited, remember that it will be Detmer (not McMahon) playing in #5's place. Remember Detmer's record when McNabb broke his leg a couple of yrs ago? Seems like he was 5-1. We can't take them lightly no matter who is back there

Don't know if there's much interest in this subject, but what is wrong with Philly? What do they need? Looks like they'll get their highest draft pick in a while coming up this year, do they go WR again? DL? LB? There's like 11 pro-bowlers on this team. What the heck is wrong with them?

The difference between good teams and all the rest is the ability to string victories. We did it in the beginning of the season, and unless we can find a way to do it again, this is not going to turn out like we had hoped.

I have faith though. Oakland, SD, NYG, and Dallas at home plus the Rams, Cardinals and Eagles away. We should win 5 of those...leaving us 10-6.

Buuuuut...we should have won on Sunday.

That's why they play the games.

BE LOUD!!!! They need us....the 12th man needs to be a factor more than ever.

Archived