Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow... This one really, really hurts.

LiveStrongSkins

I usually am the type of guy to shrug a loss off after it happens and take the "theres always next week" approach. This is different though. We had this game. However, we insisted on blitzing the only guy who had a chance of covering the TB wideouts deep. Then we lose on controversial calls. The thing that really hurts is, all that talk about only needing to give the defense 21 to win went out of the window. We got hosed by a average at best offense. I believe the only chance we have at postseason play is if we put together a win streak starting next week. If we continue to win one, lose one then we will be watching the postseason without the skins in it and we will give a top 15 pick to the Broncos. :puke:

I'm unbelievable upset about this loss. Literally nauseous with disgust. I don't know if I can keep watching football if it is going to make me feel this bad. Every time we lose now it's like my dog died. I think hope and expectation have made the defeats especially painful.

It's really just not fun anymore.

Well, it sucks even more when you live in Tampa. Thank God my expectations for this team are so low. They still find new and unique ways of grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Also, I have nothing personal against Mike Alstott, but if I see his mug one more time I'm gonna scream. Geez, if Mike Sellers got 1/10 the press Alstott gets it would be 10X more than he's getting for his goal line work. You'd think Alstott ran for 250 yards and had 5 TD's.

This team does the same crap year in and year out---THEY BEAT THEMSELVES!!!! You just cannot turn the ball over like that on the road, and we manage to do it every time--against the Giants, against KC, against Tampa. I just don't get it, I really don't. This team makes me sick--and this front office better get their act together and get us a bona fide pass rusher.

I'm unbelievable upset about this loss. Literally nauseous with disgust. I don't know if I can keep watching football if it is going to make me feel this bad. Every time we lose now it's like my dog died. I think hope and expectation have made the defeats especially painful.

It's really just not fun anymore.

I agree.

It's just sickening that we made such an average offense look like juggernauts last night. I don't care that we hung 35 on them... they hung 36 on us and that is all that counts. This D is really becoming a liability. You don't win in this league with a d that continually lets teams rack up points like that.

The other disturbing trend is that this team can't put two in a row together. They just can't do it. Win one, lose one isn't going to make the playoffs.

At the end of the season, we will look back at this game and the Denver game an know why we didn't make the playoffs. And be just as angry about it then as we are now.:(

This literally feels like the Dallas game last year. It hurts because of how we lost it, but that is only intensified because of the perspective of what this means for the standings and for how our team plays when the playoffs are on the line. We had a chance to play NY for the division lead and we failed to show up. Now we had a chance to pull even with them again, and couldn't close the deal. The win in Dallas this year was a fluke. We can't buy a win on the road. Losing games like this always hurts, but its made worse by the clear pattern that is developing.

I only hope that this one will light a fire under this team and that we go on a tear after this. That is the only thing that can save this season.

Trust me, it felt worse in the stadium....

The thousands of Redskin fans in attendance were shocked literally sweating and exhausted after the final whistle. This was an emotional roller coaster and the fans left everything in the stands... We knew that the giants lost and this was our oppurtunity to have a share of first place.

The sting will remain until we win the next 2 at home and the other NFC East teams start to knock each other out! ( Philly vs Dallas & Giants)

I hate to say it, but Norvitis officially returned with this one.

Playoff implications....inferior team...offense seems to be driving at will, but the D collapses at the end of the game.... :paranoid:

Yep, sure feels like Norv is still in the house. :mad:

That loss was soooo Norv-like. A heart crusher. :(

Archived